Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Things to know (KI please answer)

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 25, 2009
First of all, I read somewhere that when people are reported that their record of things they say is checked. Is it true? I got reported for no apparent reason and want to know that it wont count if I didn't do anything.

Second, the search thing needs to be improved. If it isn't I don't think I'll be able to find this post ever again.

Lastly, if I click " Notify when a reply is posted" does it send an Email when I get a reply?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exta stuff

Ice is pretty,
Ice is sweet,
Even when it's shaped like feet!

Dog food is getting weird! One day people will be able to eat it.

Administrator
Merekid wrote:
First of all, I read somewhere that when people are reported that their record of things they say is checked. Is it true? I got reported for no apparent reason and want to know that it wont count if I didn't do anything.

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

Merekid wrote:
Second, the search thing needs to be improved. If it isn't I don't think I'll be able to find this post ever again.

We're working on improving the search functionality and other aspects of these message boards.

Merekid wrote:
Lastly, if I click " Notify when a reply is posted" does it send an Email when I get a reply?

If you provided a valid email address when you registered with Wizard101, you should receive an email when your post receives a reply. However, please note that Yahoo, ymail, hotmail and aol often delay delivery of emails to their users and in some cases completely refuse to deliver them. If you find you are not receiving automated emails such as updates from the message boards, try an alternate email address (if you have one) to see if that improves the response time and receipt of emails from Wizard101.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
May 04, 2009
Merekid wrote:

Hi Merekid: just wanted to let you (and KI) know that today when I was in the Bazaar, I saw two wizards following around a third wizard. And the first two wizards were saying really mean stuff to the third one. It was very crowded in the Bazaar, but I still tried to click on one of the bad guys, and then I reported him for harassing another wizard and being really really mean. Before I could click on the second bad one, he left.

Hope I didn't click on you by mistake. Were you in the bazaar today?

(This is the first time I used the report button. I've seen this kind of stuff around the game before, but today these two guys were ganging up on the other one really bad. I felt like I had to do something about it.)

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
Hollen1233 wrote:
Merekid wrote:

Hi Merekid: just wanted to let you (and KI) know that today when I was in the Bazaar, I saw two wizards following around a third wizard. And the first two wizards were saying really mean stuff to the third one. It was very crowded in the Bazaar, but I still tried to click on one of the bad guys, and then I reported him for harassing another wizard and being really really mean. Before I could click on the second bad one, he left.

Hope I didn't click on you by mistake. Were you in the bazaar today?

(This is the first time I used the report button. I've seen this kind of stuff around the game before, but today these two guys were ganging up on the other one really bad. I felt like I had to do something about it.)

Don't worry! I was in Marlybone when I was reported so it wasn't you.

And thank you Professor Greyrose for answering!

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
I now have another question.

How many false reports does it take to get banned?

I got false reported for the second time and I don't want to get banned for nothing.

I trust you people at Kinsisle to make the right choice about such things, but I'm still a bit concerned.

Please don't ban me if I didn't do anything.

Thank you for your time.

From the Balance girl,
Destiny Dragoncoin

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Hollen1233 wrote:

You don't need to click on the wizard (too many chances for mistakes in a crowded area) to report them. With the chat box open, just click once on the wizard's name (within the [ ] symbols) adn you'll get the same popup to friend / ignore / report.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:
You don't need to click on the wizard (too many chances for mistakes in a crowded area) to report them. With the chat box open, just click once on the wizard's name (within the [ ] symbols) adn you'll get the same popup to friend / ignore / report.

Thanks. I didn't know that. Hope I don't have to use "report" anymore...