Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The (new) bundles. A question.

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Hello KingsIsle.

I just thought of it today while driving home in my car. What I had left the house to do, was to buy the brand new Majestic Bundle that was allegedly released, and the new Gauntlet bundle, that was allegedly released, at a different store.

Now, I say "allegedly" only to the new Majestic, but I now know for a fact that the Gauntlet bundle exists.

Ok, I got pretty excited. I may no longer play Wizard101 all hardcore for huge, lengthy amounts of times like I used to back in 2008, but I still get all giddy when I get my hands on brand new bundles and get to look at what the packs have to offer.

Anyway, I went to GameStop, like the website said. Ok, before this goes any further, let me disclaim something real quick. I do not automatically assume ALL and EVERY GameStop will have it, but, I kind of expect something to be in their computer system by the time I do go to GameStop to at least tell me or confirm that it even exists. Especially when the main website SAYS in writing in front of my face, that it was released.

Ok, enough of that. Needless to say now, they did not have it. And, as I hinted earlier, it was not even added to their computer system's inventory charts. So.... this brings me to this question.

Ok, before I take another step further, please note that this is not a rant, an angry or mean little hate note (or large), this is simply a 'introduction' that leads into my question. Another disclaimer here: I do realize that releases made through certain stores carry marketing advantages towards Wizard101/KingsIsle in general, and towards the respective stores in question.

Question to you, KingsIsle.

You have an online store with keychains, and memorabilia, souvenirs, etc. You also have digital bundles that are obviously for sale right over your website, much like the epic and super bundles.

Why not make ALL bundles available via online purchases through your store? It saves time for those people living in backwater areas of the US (or other parts of the world), gas money, and any kind of 'inconveniences' or 'frustrations.'

Remember, this is not a hate letter. Simply a question. I did not completely waste my time, because I stopped by Subway and got me a delicious Sweet Onion Teryaki footlong for 5 dollars (plus tax). See? I also did some advertising for Subway in this post!

Anyway, why not make those bundles available through the store? Especially the new ones. You may make SOME players much more happy that much sooner.

Thank you KingsIsle. (Oh, try that sandwich, it is GOOOOOOD!)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
See the thread below from another player asking a similar question.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/27229.ftl#195265

KI probably can't offer the same Bundle from another outlet until the contract with that retailer expires. This is why there are different "prizes" for each seperate retailer.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Oh, I never saw that discussion. All I have to say to me is "Duh...."

Thank you Kingurz for explaining it, or showing it, to me.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
First I would like to know the lvl capacity of gear for the new majestic and gauntlet bundles, because everyone knows the old bundles always only go up to lvl 50. This is what I hate :x. I am wondering why they can't just make all bundles go up to all the appropiate lvls :). Like gear for lvls 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and 80 instead, but why does it only go up to lvl 50 :? I am wanting Wizard101 to make all bundles go up to at least lvl 70 so all lvls can have a fair share of bundles. My top player is only lvl 55 soon to be 56 so when I get higher I might as well just get gear from bazaar if this doesn't happen, and I really want the mejestic, but it will just be a waste if the gear isn't good enough for my lvl.

My other charecters are all below lvl 16 and I wasn't planning on giving the gear to any of my other players anyway.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I can confirm that the Majestic and Pagoda Gauntlet give you the level 80 option of equipment. As well as the Super, Epic, and Hawkrider bundle.

The wand and equipment can be redeemed at every 10 levels, from 10-80. My Ice wizard, being only level 6, can accept the equipment or spear at level 80, if he wanted to, he just could not use it until that given level.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
ruiz600610 wrote:
First I would like to know the lvl capacity of gear for the new majestic and gauntlet bundles, because everyone knows the old bundles always only go up to lvl 50. This is what I hate :x. I am wondering why they can't just make all bundles go up to all the appropiate lvls :). Like gear for lvls 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and 80 instead, but why does it only go up to lvl 50 :? I am wanting Wizard101 to make all bundles go up to at least lvl 70 so all lvls can have a fair share of bundles. My top player is only lvl 55 soon to be 56 so when I get higher I might as well just get gear from bazaar if this doesn't happen, and I really want the mejestic, but it will just be a waste if the gear isn't good enough for my lvl.

My other charecters are all below lvl 16 and I wasn't planning on giving the gear to any of my other players anyway.

I don't know about majestic, but I just got the pagoda bundle and the gear DOES go up to lvl80. (and if I remember right, there is a thread on W101 central, and I think I saw stats for majestic gear up to lvl80 also)

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I can confirm that the Majestic and Pagoda Gauntlet give you the level 80 option of equipment. As well as the Super, Epic, and Hawkrider bundle.

The wand and equipment can be redeemed at every 10 levels, from 10-80. My Ice wizard, being only level 6, can accept the equipment or spear at level 80, if he wanted to, he just could not use it until that given level.

:D Thankyou, good to know

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010

I don't know about majestic, but I just got the pagoda bundle and the gear DOES go up to lvl80. (and if I remember right, there is a thread on W101 central, and I think I saw stats for majestic gear up to lvl80 also)

thx for the update 8)