Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Switching between houses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
ok I have searched the forums and I can't see where anyone has answered my question so I thought I would just post it here. How come the hot button to go home only toggles between your currently equipped house and the dorms? Why can't I fix it to where the button toggles between two of my custom houses? i also tried to set one of portals up where it would allow me to port between the custom houses and that didn't work either. Also why can't housing be transferred to another wizard on my account? I only have one wizard right now, but I'm contemplating starting a second one and I really dont need both the sultan's palace and the new sun palace on my old wizard. I dont see why if I'm a paying member and I paid for these houses with hard cash by buying the bundle cards that I can't transfer them between my characters.
Thanks,

Jenna Dragonsong
Legendary Ice

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
You can't share houses between characters anymore, because players were using it as an exploit to get no trade items to characters that didn't earn them.

Administrator
You've asked a lot of different questions here Jenn8391, let me answer them separately:
Jenn8391 wrote:
How come the hot button to go home only toggles between your currently equipped house and the dorms? Why can't I fix it to where the button toggles between two of my custom houses?
Your dorm is your 'default' home, you can always go to your dorm room, but you can only recall 'home' to the house you currently have equipped. Since you can only equip one house at a time, you can only recall to that house. If you were adventuring in the Spiral and pressed the home button, which house would you expect to teleport to? We need to convey that you will always teleport to the house you have equipped, and if no house is equipped, you will teleport to your dorm.
Jenn8391 wrote:
i also tried to set one of portals up where it would allow me to port between the custom houses and that didn't work either.
You need to put the teleporter exit in a house you have equipped. Unequip that house and equip the other one to place the teleporter entrance. That's how you connect your houses with teleporters.
Jenn8391 wrote:
Also why can't housing be transferred to another wizard on my account? I only have one wizard right now, but I'm contemplating starting a second one and I really dont need both the sultan's palace and the new sun palace on my old wizard. I dont see why if I'm a paying member and I paid for these houses with hard cash by buying the bundle cards that I can't transfer them between my characters.
Thanks,

Jenna Dragonsong
Legendary Ice
We appreciate that players want to transfer houses to other characters, and it's something we've looked into, but putting a house within a house becomes a bit of a nightmare with keeping track of both the interior and exterior locations, as well as transferring the ownership of the house to another character. We've definitely looked into it and at this time it is not feasible for us to implement. Houses aren't really setup the same as items such as hats. I can't promise we'll re-explore this option any time soon, but we are aware of players desire to keep and move the houses they have purchased, particularly those from the prepaid cards.

community@wizard101.com