Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Switch back the wand system!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
Okay, before you started with the 1 pip wand, then got the 0 pip wand.
Now you start with the 0 pip wand and then get the 1 pip wand?!

This is giving the false impression to new (especially young) players that the 1 pip wand is more advanced than the plethora of 0 pip wands, which is not true.

I have explained to player after player in Krokotopia that they should get a 0 pip wand.

Why does the 1 pip wand even exist, anyway?

Please reverse the wand system.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
tyandash wrote:
Okay, before you started with the 1 pip wand, then got the 0 pip wand.
Now you start with the 0 pip wand and then get the 1 pip wand?!

This is giving the false impression to new (especially young) players that the 1 pip wand is more advanced than the plethora of 0 pip wands, which is not true.

I have explained to player after player in Krokotopia that they should get a 0 pip wand.

Why does the 1 pip wand even exist, anyway?

Please reverse the wand system.

Because some schools don't get their prism until level 12, but may have to fight Rank 3 bosses that introduce school resistances prior to that.

To my knowledge, the 1 pip wand your referring to is the only one of it's kind and you can choose between it or your 0 pip spell by then.

The old system (receiving the 1 pip wand first), was confusing to new players, because they never saved up enough pips for their rank two spells. They keep using all their pips on the 1 pip wand (over and over). Now, they recieve it further down the line, after they should be more familiar with the pip system.

Besides, changing the wand is not the solution to this particular problem (or else wizards will always think that whatever they just received is the better item....and that still doesn't apply at level 60). Players (especially new) should always be engaged about strategy and what works best for their play style.

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
As a newer player who just switched to a 1 pip wand I would like more explanation of what you are describing. I don't understand how a 0 pip could be more useful than a 1 pip wand? I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on the subject. Thanks

Sarai Thundergrove, Magus Pyromancer

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Darlar828 wrote:
As a newer player who just switched to a 1 pip wand I would like more explanation of what you are describing. I don't understand how a 0 pip could be more useful than a 1 pip wand? I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on the subject. Thanks

The one pip wand is useful in the first few sections of the game, but when you reach other worlds, you should switch to your 0 pip wand, as they get more powerful, and by the time you are level 70, you can get a 120 damage wand already! They also have 100% accuracy, meaning they never fizzle, and they save you the pip for a higher rank spell while still doing damage that turn.

Explorer
May 07, 2011
Darlar828 wrote:

0-pip wand=can become stronger than a 1 pip wand, and can give a pip/power pip at the start of a battle.

1-pip wand= no benefits, other than being able to use your opposite school once.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
Darlar828 wrote:

The one pip wand is useful in the first few sections of the game, but when you reach other worlds, you should switch to your 0 pip wand, as they get more powerful, and by the time you are level 70, you can get a 120 damage wand already! They also have 100% accuracy, meaning they never fizzle, and they save you the pip for a higher rank spell while still doing damage that turn.

More importantly, 0 pip wands allow you to "wand off" shields the enemies protect themselves with or negative wards they cast upon you....all while keeping your pip count safe.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
kingurz wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
Darlar828 wrote:

More importantly, 0 pip wands allow you to "wand off" shields the enemies protect themselves with or negative wards they cast upon you....all while keeping your pip count safe.

I am not seeing it. Wouldn't you WANT more pips to start? so that once you attack, you can heal if you need it. I dont get the wand off thing either. you can always choose when you hit your opponent, and it doesnt have to be immediatly when you get the pips for it. IMO it gives you an advantage to have the extra pip. Besides, you can get a power pip with a one pip wand also. If you are thinking perfect power pips, at those levels it doesnt matter, you have to be really lucky to get that. By the time you have a good chance to, you get a power pip to start on most wands.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
thejordanator wrote:
I am not seeing it. Wouldn't you WANT more pips to start? so that once you attack, you can heal if you need it.

We are discussing the spell cost of the item card with the wand, not how many extra pips the wand gives you. No wand at that level gives you any extra pips (regular or powerpip).

thejordanator wrote:
I dont get the wand off thing either. you can always choose when you hit your opponent, and it doesnt have to be immediatly when you get the pips for it. IMO it gives you an advantage to have the extra pip. Besides, you can get a power pip with a one pip wand also. If you are thinking perfect power pips, at those levels it doesnt matter, you have to be really lucky to get that. By the time you have a good chance to, you get a power pip to start on most wands.

Again, we are not discussing how many powerpips or pips the wand gives you. "Wanding off" is using an item card that costs 0 pips to cast a spell that removes and opponent's shield without having to cast Pierce or Shatter. Yes, you can always choose when to hit your opponent, but their shield isn't going to remove itself and it is better to "wand off" prior to the attack then attempting to attack through the shield or use armor piercing. However, you shouldn't wait too long after "wanding off" or your opponent is simply going to shield again.