Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

stolen cards!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
i have reported many people for stealing my cards, instead of following through with the trade of CARDS for MOUNTS, and nothing has been done, i spent a lot of money on those cards which is why it makes me so upset when people steal them, otherwise i wouldn't be saying anything about it, and i know i'm not the only one who has this problem. :?

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
rayne1993 wrote:
i have reported many people for stealing my cards, instead of following through with the trade of CARDS for MOUNTS, and nothing has been done, i spent a lot of money on those cards which is why it makes me so upset when people steal them, otherwise i wouldn't be saying anything about it, and i know i'm not the only one who has this problem. :?

This is so sad and I am sorry for your loss. It is wrong for people to take from others. Kings Isle has made a wonderful trade window that shows what you are giving and what you are receiving BEFORE the trade goes through. At this time the only thing players can trade is cards for cards. Nothing else. In the future, if the trade that is in the window is not fair, dont make the trade. Unless that mount is in the trade window, you most likely won't get it.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
rayne1993 wrote:

You know they will take them so why do you give your cards?
You are as much to blame if after having it happen you still fall for it.

Keep the cards and remember.... if it's sounds to good to be true, it must be.

I hope you get a mount.... good luck.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to stop stealing is to prevent it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: I think reporting for stealing cards counts as false reporting.

Just letting you know so you don't get in trouble.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
unfortunatly you wont be able to get your money back or your cards back kingsisle said that if you maid a aggremant and they didnt follow through it doesnt matter because y'all both aggread and any way do you really think their gonna give you a mount that costs real money and get a few in game cards for it!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Mr. Lincoln has addressed this problem several times already. Any time you trade treasure cards, you both agree to it. People who want treasure cards and say they'll give you a mount, are most likely lying. If the trade doesn't look fair to you, don't agree.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
Dear Rayne, Please read this message from Headmaster's Announcements it shows a lesson about when this happens.'' A Cautionary Tale
Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.

Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.''

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
rayne1993 wrote:

The reason 'nothing is being done' is because what happened ISN'T a reportable offense.

Sorry, but in trades you have to AGREE to what you're seeing in their screen that they're giving you...And since mounts are UNTRADEABLE, then you're agreeing to give them your cards for nothing, as their screen is empty and you're aware it's empty...

Next time, if what you're hoping for isn't in the screen when you're doing a trade? Then hit 'decline' instead of 'accept'. Cause you can guarentee that if they're not showing you something on their trade screen, then you're getting nothing for your cards to begin with.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Merekid wrote:
rayne1993 wrote:

You know they will take them so why do you give your cards?
You are as much to blame if after having it happen you still fall for it.

Keep the cards and remember.... if it's sounds to good to be true, it must be.

I hope you get a mount.... good luck.
The best way to stop stealing is to prevent it.

Warning: I think reporting for stealing cards counts as false reporting.

Just letting you know so you don't get in trouble.

No offense to you guys, but I think it is pretty idiotic to fall for those pranks recalled so many times. Its be been addressed before, you should know not to trade ANYTHING with anyone unless it is a person who you know in real life. Even if it is a person you get along with in the game, you never know if thats their trick and then when all seems well, they stab you in the back. I'm sorry for the loss and all but like Merekid said, its as much your fault as the trader's fault.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
i know it is so makeing me mad when some idiot says cards for mount ant then you give them the cards and they steal them ugh plz help

Survivor
May 23, 2010
rayne1993 wrote:
exactly they need to do something really

Please read this letter from Mr Lincoln:

A Cautionary Tale
Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.

Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
May 24, 2009
i've had that happen to me before. It totally stinks. I gave up four ribirths, one orthrus, six dryads, and two heck hounds( i trade a lot lol )When i waited for him to gift me wings, BAM! he loggs off so i cant report him. I do know that it was partially my fault, and i never did it again. But to all you wizards who never had this happen to you i have one thing to say... NEVER listen to people who say they will gift mounts for cards!

Survivor
May 23, 2010
witchita123 wrote:
i've had that happen to me before. It totally stinks. I gave up four ribirths, one orthrus, six dryads, and two heck hounds( i trade a lot lol )When i waited for him to gift me wings, BAM! he loggs off so i cant report him I do know that it was partially my fault, and i never did it again. But to all you wizards who never had this happen to you i have one thing to say... NEVER listen to people who say they will gift mounts for cards!
you know when you said he logged off you could go to the chat box and click on his name on the last thing he said and then report him but i looked at some rules and it says kingsisle does not do any thing when you do that

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Ok, first of all, what was going through your head at that point?

"Oh, this guy spent 50 bucks on crowns and he's gonna spend them on me if I give him a treasure card that is not worth anything in real life", is that what you thought? Think kid, THINK!

Second, I am guessing the guy didn't even have a mount himself. If he don't have the crowns to buy himself one he don't got the crowns to get you one.

Third, everyone knows that you get the guy to give you the mount first THEN you give him the cards. If he's dumb enough to give you a mount then at least ensure you get your side of the deal. However, I am guessing he won't agree so don't bother.

Forth, if you see anyone promising anything that's that valuable, or anything other than treasure cards for that matter, for treasure cards just ignore them. If no one gives them business they won't scam anymore!

4 Things to Do When: Someone Offers You a Mount For Cards, By Dylan ShadowTalon

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Well, I doubt anyone would really trade their dragon worth 90,000 gold for a few treasure cards... I hope KI will help prevent scams from happening, but what people need to see is that people won't trade their mounts for treasure cards!
Don't sit around begging for a mount. Go get gold and buy a mount yourself. I've bought three or four good mounts myself with GOLD.

Also, a really good way to get gold is selling stuff, mostly pet snacks, at the bazaar.

Charles Stormrider
Level 50 Diviner

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Too many players seem to think they can get something for nothing, or next to nothing-a few treasure cards for a mount or other items that costs real money via crowns. I agree it is false reporting since YOU AGREED to trade the cards. While I appreciate your frustration of losing your cards, use some bit of sense, it has been addressed multiple times by multiple KI and regular players alike, get a clue.