Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2012
Can Spell Cards be bought with coins?
Asking for there are NMC's that offer additional cards outside the school area. And they require Training Points, why not make them buyable with coins and them range by cost of level i.e. a spell that is attainable at level 5 can be bought with 5 coins once they reach the level. So that everyone has a chance to go back and get that card to get the other after that one without using a training point and waiting 4 or so levels later when they get to level 10 to buy a lvl 8 spell

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
EmeraldWizard11 wrote:
Can Spell Cards be bought with coins?
Asking for there are NMC's that offer additional cards outside the school area. And they require Training Points, why not make them buyable with coins and them range by cost of level i.e. a spell that is attainable at level 5 can be bought with 5 coins once they reach the level. So that everyone has a chance to go back and get that card to get the other after that one without using a training point and waiting 4 or so levels later when they get to level 10 to buy a lvl 8 spell

No, they can't. And there's a reason for that- being able to buy any spells you wanted would defeat the purpose of actually having to work to earn them.

As for the non-sequential purchase of spells, I think it's a good idea; it would save us some training points, but that's how KI makes a lot of their money (once you hit level 12, you can buy back your training points- you lose any spells you bought, but are free to redistribute the points as you wish). Only problem with that is, my first wizard is now level 80- it's going to cost me 10K+ crowns to buy her points back. Sigh.