Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I just started a storm wizard and i wanted to know what the best secondarys for storm is so if i wouldn't pick something that didn't work well and have to spend crowns to redo it. Can anyone help me :(

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This belongs in another section, such as "Ravenwood" (if it's there, it was moved from Halston's Laboratory).

There are several opinions on this. You can find many threads about it on Central.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I have all my wizards put points into Ice until they have learned Tower Shield. I also put points into Death until I have learned Feint.

Since you're an elemental school, and you will get Fire/Ice shield at level 12, and your own Storm shield at level 10 (from fairground), I would suggest putting your points first into Death in order to obtain the Life/Myth shield, then put points into Ice for the Tower Shield, then back to Death again up to Feint. This will give you Ghoul (which I usually keep 2 of in my deck) for a bit of early hit-and-heal attacks, which are more accurate (85% compared to your 70% Storm) attacks.

And you'll want to reserve 2 of your points for learning the Elemental Blades and the Elemental Traps from Niles, the Balance Tree.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Ice up to tower shield.
Life up to satyr.
Death up to feint.
Elemental blade and trap.

you wont have enough for all of these but storm is strong enough so you wont need feint.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I also recommend looking on Central.

There are some general principles though. As you level high pip secondary spells are not very useful. This means it is not a matter of picking one secondary. It is a matter of finding the low pip spells across all secondary schools that fit your playing style. To do this you must answer several questions.

Will you focus on PvP or Pve? Do you plan to play solo or in teams?

The general spells that are considered useful are:

Tower (5 training points, 0 pip) Gives you Volcanic Shield (0 pips)
Feint (7 TP, 1 pip) (Gives you a bunch of Death spells that are generally not great pip value as a secondary.)
Life to Satyr (7 TP, 4 pips) Gives you Sprite (1 pip) and Legend Shield (0 pips).
Reshuffle (1 TP, 4 pips) Necessary for the arena and if you play a small deck, but possible to run from your side board as Treasures.
Elemental Blades (1 TP, 1 pip)

If you are planning on PvP:
Infection (1 TP, 1 pip)
Entangle (1 TP, 2 pips)

You cannot do all of these, so most people end up making a decision between Satyr and Feint depending on play style. Feint is a very good pip value for damage. Satyr uses a lot of pips, and for me really only becomes an emergency spell in PvE play. Satyrs are not generally available at the Bazaar as treasures. For this reason some people only train Life to Sprite, which is excellent pip/heal value and allows you to revive a teammate... though in the arena they will likely get killed the next round again. You can also wear items that give Dryad, which is an alternative that will work for a while, but not as well when you begin to get better gear. I can't remember, but I thin the item is Headgear of the Sylph. The Dryad Treasure is about 2250g.

Again, this is just a general view. Their are many threads on this from more experienced players on Central.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
packers1996 wrote:
I just started a storm wizard and i wanted to know what the best secondarys for storm is so if i wouldn't pick something that didn't work well and have to spend crowns to redo it. Can anyone help me :(

I think Life would be good. Storm has attack power and no healing spells. Life has weak atttack and lots of healing power, although, you end up with enough training points for about three schools. So, for your third school, try myth or fire because they are the two second strongest schools.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009