Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

RNG- Good or Bad?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
In my experience in dealing with many mmorpg, rng has always been a key factor into keeping us players busy into grinding for loot or trying loot boxes on the premises of "chance" , to boost our egotistic agenda in accruing the items we so desire but don't really need. I cannot fathom the idea within this game, that some account bound drop loot are way better than others in a sense of luck.

I've been farming rampage for 5 days straight, burning away time and keys at 8 hrs a day, 5 days into my first month membership on the fire account doing almost 20 runs per day and counting. My friend just made a fire and 7 runs it have gotten the spell. I have many people who tag a long with me and gotten the spell xD . My gosh is it so that my luck on that said account is extremely low that I have to do nearly 200 runs? Is the perception of RNG more like you get it when you get it no one cares about your time and struggle? Phew, i can't imagine the amount of players going through this moment.

Ill keep trying knowing that am aware of the antagonizing effort required, its just starting to feel less and less rewarding.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
270 runs so far and counting 12 previous players who ran with me has gotten rampage. Still trying :D

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
angellifeheart on Dec 8, 2020 wrote:
270 runs so far and counting 12 previous players who ran with me has gotten rampage. Still trying :D
300 runs 13th player got ramp 2 hrs ago before I passed out asleep still no rampage.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Grinding is undoubtedly one of the most terrible aspects of video games. Games are supposed to be fun but grinding is the exact opposite of that. People play games to take a break from work.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
333 runs in solo after the last few. On the last key before passing out attempted one last try, key shifted between life and fire once and got ramp on the third run. It was a long battle but finally got it. GG

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Fable Finder on Dec 8, 2020 wrote:
Grinding is undoubtedly one of the most terrible aspects of video games. Games are supposed to be fun but grinding is the exact opposite of that. People play games to take a break from work.
Totally agree with this. Its ok to put in the time when farming unique items, but when that time requires almost the entirety of your daily schedule that's when things become chaotic.