Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Resist fail

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2010
Ok so here's my really bad problem in battles: i don't have good resistance.

I mean i have wintertusk myth gear but those don't help cause they only give like 17% resist, but other people (well some) have 25% and more which REALLY is the big thing.

I need a solution to get a better defense or resistance.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
LukeAndEye on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:

I mean i have wintertusk myth gear but those don't help cause they only give like 17% resist, but other people (well some) have 25% and more which REALLY is the big thing.

get spell proof / defy on a pet thats up to 15% more on your universal. Also consider waterworks gear when you get to 60 or higher. Offering the best resist and overall stats for most wizards in this range.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
LukeAndEye on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:

Are you using the WT crafted gear, or just random stuff that you're getting as drops?

If you're using dropped gear and are over level 60, STOP. If you can't get your Waterworks set, take the time and craft the WT gear (available from Carax Strongthread in Sudrilund, if you're a grandmaster artisan or higher~ I did this for my Storm wizard, and it made a huge difference in her resistance (she also has 8% universal from her pet starfish)..

Of all my wizards, my archmage sorceress has the highest resistance~ she still wears her Waterworks gear and has 10% proof from her pet, for 38% universal resist across the board. And that number can go even higher, if I ever manage to get a pet with Defy as well... And, if none of your pets have those abilities, perhaps some nice person who does will hatch with you.

Good luck!
-veebz