Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Realm???

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 24, 2012
Ok - another question. I just read someone asking for help with a certain dungeon. She gave the hours she would be on and said she'd be in the Blossom Realm. What does that mean "Blossom Realm" ? Or anytime someone says "XXXX Realm"?

Administrator
It may be time for you to take another look through the Player Guide, young Wizard.
https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/getting-around2

Wizard101 has several Realms for our players to enjoy. All the Realms are identical and you can switch between Realms easily when you're not in a duel. Simply press Esc and select the very last top on the tab with the above icon - and you will see a list of Realms to choose from.

CTRL - M is the shortcut key to bring up this section of your journal.

Why switch Realms?
Players may choose to switch between Realms that are more or less populated based on their play style.

If you are looking for players to adventure with, you may wish to switch to a Realm with a higher population.

If you are having trouble meeting up with friends or family, make sure you are all meeting up on the same Realm!

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:
Ok - another question. I just read someone asking for help with a certain dungeon. She gave the hours she would be on and said she'd be in the Blossom Realm. What does that mean "Blossom Realm" ? Or anytime someone says "XXXX Realm"?

If you open your quest book and click on the X like you are going to quit game, across the top is an icon that looks like black metal balls - click on that and the realm you are on and the area will show up, there are separate boxes below and a list of all the realms and areas for Wizard101. You can change the realm you are in from there. You will not be allowed to choose a full and some times even a crowded realm to switch to.

My most common use for realm changing is for Reagent collection - such as scrap metal, black lotus and ore. In Krockatopia I also find it handy to change realms when I am collecting the gems off the floors when I need 10 of them.

If meeting others in game it is most important because Wizards101 has many computers running the game so you could be on one and your friend on another and you will never see each other that way, even if you are both in the Commons.

Experiment with the realms - some where along your wizardly travels it will be handy to know how to change realms.

Mary StarGem
"Savior of the Spiral"

Explorer
May 30, 2011
and sometimes people change realms because they are looking for a specific
pet to hatch with in the hatchery.

There is a drawback with being in a realm that is crowded or full is that it causes the game to move slow or even freeze up and switching to a realm that is marked perfect resolves this sometime depends on how long you have been playing the game.