Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prism Issue

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 17, 2008
Has anyone else noticed that prisms are different when used in PvP as opposed to when used in a regular battle.

Say you are a Storm wizard. If you are in a regular mob battle against a Storm, you want to put your Storm prism out as soon as possible before the opponent puts a Myth shield, otherwise, the Myth shield would be activated when you use your Storm spell.
So, Storm Prism then Storm Shield = Good
and Storm Shield then Storm Prism = Bad

However, say you are a Storm wizard in battle against another Storm wizard. If you put your prism on, and then your opponent puts the Storm shield second, the storm shield will still be activated followed by the Storm Prism
So Storm Prism then Storm Shield = Bad
and Storm Shield then Storm Prism = Good

I think that it should be the same in both situations, and that the First is best. What do you think?

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
This is not an issue for you have to order back wards.
Say you are a storm fighting a storm. You put up a prism, then they put up a myth shields- the shield wont activate.
Other way they use myth shield, then you put prism- both will activate. to fix this you will have to use a pierce, steal ward, or myth attack such as a wand

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
AlecVolterra wrote:
This is not an issue for you have to order back wards.
Say you are a storm fighting a storm. You put up a prism, then they put up a myth shields- the shield wont activate.
Other way they use myth shield, then you put prism- both will activate. to fix this you will have to use a pierce, steal ward, or myth attack such as a wand

Oh I see. When I'm in PvP, I always worry about the mob's natural resistance, which is why I use the prism to get around it. Thanks for pointing that obviousness out lol, I feel pretty dumb that I didn't realize that earlier lol.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
yes i agree the first mentioned is more preferable and makes more sense. i think pvp and pve should both go by that.