Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Welcome "Sparck" to KingsIsle!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hello Students!

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce you to our newest Message Board Administrator and new Community Manager, “Sparck!” Sparck will be leading the “ark” here on the Wizard101.com Message Boards and assisting you with all your Community Management needs. Also, feel free to ask him questions in this post, and he may answer them on air during this month’s KI Live! He’ll be our special guest this coming Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 4pm US Central. https://www.wizard101.com/game/livestream-event

You’ll be seeing Sparck a lot more around our official Message Boards and also throughout all of KingsIsle’s official channels. He brings with him a lot of great experience from working with other videogame companies and has been busily leveling up a new wizard and experiencing all the Spiral has to offer.

As for me, don’t worry! I’m not leaving KingsIsle – in fact, KingsIsle has offered me an amazing opportunity to become a full-time Game Designer for our newest Mobile Game, Animal Cove! Ever since I was a “young wizard,” I’ve been crafting puzzles and games for my friends, and now my passion gets to become my new reality. Even better, I still get to work at the company I’ve loved and appreciated for almost ten years! I certainly hope you enjoy all our upcoming Mobile games. I think you’re going to love them.

Please know that I’ll still be “haunting” the forums as Dworgyn from time to time when needed (and obviously still playing my favorite MMOs, Wizard101 and Pirate101), but Sparck is taking the helm now, and I’m more than happy to help him as he learns more about our game and community.

You’ll be hearing more about this on KI Live, so let’s get on with the Introductions!

Administrator
Greetings student Wizards!

As Dworgyn kindly introduced, my newly minted Wizard identity is the quite logical (but still very fun to hang around!) Sparck, and I also go by the more mysterious Bat Masterson in Pirate101. Being part of and a leader of game communities for many years now, I'm super excited and proud to be the new community manager for all of KingsIsle’s games!

I am thrilled to see community members across The Spiral and beyond connect with the KingsIsle team through the forums, livestreams, and in-game events. We’re going to be continuing to interact with you in these areas by celebrating Wizard101’s 10th Anniversary with even more exciting content and activities. Let’s work together to make it a fun adventure for all!

When it comes to being part of a new community, I’m absolutely all in – watching your skilled gameplay videos, reading your rich stories, diving into the forums and in-game, and seeing the unique screenshots and fan art you develop. There’s always something to look forward to and amazing to look back on with a community that’s prospered and grown for 10 years. Think of me as a supporter of your adventures where I’ll be there to help build the kind of community you want to see, just like how Dworgyn’s been with you.

In the meantime, let me know what the community team can do to help ensure you have a safe and fun gameplay experience for your favorite KingsIsle game. I also want to hear from all of you what your stories are for the game’s you play, especially if it’s something we can share with the rest of the community. This is what I’m here for!

Please do ask your questions here about myself and future plans for our community. Also, once we announce the next KI Live, you'll get another chance to ask questions then too, which I will respond to on the livestream. I can't wait to get to know all of you!

See you out there in The Spiral!

Survivor
Jun 26, 2015
Hello Sparck! I’m happy that you’ve joined this amazing community, but I have a big question...
Is there a forum or separate website in the works for people who are searching to have a quest helper through the continuously changing Spiral? This forum/website would be very beneficial for those that don’t have many friends that they’re able to ask to help them. Once again thank you for joining the mysterious Spiral of Wizard101.

Bradley Deathspear lvl 125
Bradley Dunespear lvl 123
Bradley Mythspear lvl 115
Bradley Firespear lvl 70
Bradley Icespear lvl 32
Bradley Lifespear lvl 9

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
One thing I would like to see is more responses from the administrators concerning in-game issues we post here. Too often we post about serious game issues, and we never even receive an acknowledgement about it. I don't expect perfection, and I realize everyone there is busy, but a simple response would sometimes ease a lot of frustrations we have as paying members. Thanks.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
Welcome Sparck
Very happy to have you. Its like someone is taking my job. I have tried to help others with unanswered questions and questing. Maybe someday I can friend you.
So, they did not just make you wizard level 125 and what school are you They actually made you grind to level up are you going to be the first Wizard101 Manager to do PVP
Did they give you the gear, or make you work for it, like we did
How many wizards are you planning on making

WELCOME ABOARD
Hope to meet you soon
Catherine Wildbreeze Level 122
Catherine Wilddreamer level 125 Captain
Catherine Seabreeze level 125
Catherine Soulsinger level 125 Warlord
Catherine Frostbloom level 125 Warlord
Catherine FireBloom level 125 Warlord
Catherine level 125 Warlord

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Welcome Sparck!

Congratulations on the new gig! I'm excited to start working with you! :)

My question is - what has surprised you most about the KingsIsle community so far?

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Welcome Community Manager Sparck!

It is great to see a new face in the community boards.
My question is simple; what are you looking forward to most about becoming the new Community Manager?

Alexander DragonTamer lvl71
Flint TrollHeart lvl60
Finigan GreenWeaver lvl50
Scarlet Moon lvl58
Calamity SeaThistle lvl50
Shawna IronRiver lvl50

I've been playing this game since it came out, but I still haven't managed to reach max. LOL I'll get there someday.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
Survivor
Jun 06, 2015
Welcome and congrats on your new role as Community Manager, Sparck

You've got some big boots to fill But we have a great community, so your job shouldn't be too hard

I hope you the game as much as we do

While I'll miss Dworgyn I wish you and Dworgyn every success in your new roles 2

My question is: What are you looking forward to most in the storylines in both Wizard101 and Pirate101

Wishing you a magical day in the Spiral

Brianna SwiftRider Lvl 125
Samantha ShadowHunter Lvl 125
Samantha StormBringer Lvl 125
Samantha WildFlame Lvl 125
Samantha FrostBringer Lvl 125
Samantha DragonTamer Lvl 125
and noobs

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Im so thrilled to have you Sparck as the new community manager, I'm sure you'll do as great as a job as Dworgyn did.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2015
Welcome to the spiral Sparck!

I have a few questions for you.

Question#1 Out of all the colors in the world why are you purple?

Question#2 Do you prefer Pork or Beans such as the in game characters?

Question#3 Are you going to be in the next part of Empyra?

Question#4 When is the next half of Empyra coming out?

Nicholas lvl 125

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Hi Sparck! Welcome to the community and the Spiral!

How are you enjoying being a wizard? What school did you choose first? What level have you made it to so far? Have you tried fishing or making pets yet? Ooooh, it's so exciting knowing just how many adventures and fun things a new player still has to discover and enjoy!

What other games have you worked on (or what type of games if you can't say!)? How long have you been at KI and did they ask you any funny questions/riddles during your interviews?

Welcome aboard...you're going to fit in great and have a lovely time with us!

Dworgyn ~ You are so loved and respected in this community and we'll all miss you soooo much! Good luck in your new job, I hope you're really happy and enjoy your new position. Please remember to pop in on us when you have time! Thank you for all your support and advice over the years!

Community Leader
Welcome Spark,

We will get to know each other very well, just ask Tom :P Tom don't think you're getting away from me that easy ;)

Can't wait to connect

Hugs

Paige MoonShade

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Peace and Long Life to a fellow Star Trek fan and frequenter of the spiral,

While I have yet to make it to Empyrea and experience that portion of the Spiral, I do look forward to getting there and experiencing your interactions for the first time. Cannot wait.

Some questions:

Can you give us hint as to the timetable on upgrading the rest of Wizard City?

Will our wizards ever get to visit P101 worlds such as Cool Ranch and Skull Island?

W101 has now parodied Star Trek and Dr. Who. Will we get a good world length parody of Star Wars?

Steven Ghoststalker

\\//, Live Long and Prosper.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Hello Spark and welcome aboard. CONGRATULATIONS!!, to you and Dworgyn on your promotions. Spark, I do have 4 question for you about game play in Wizard101:

1. Some of us on this message board been asking; please can we a have the option to change our character's last name?
2. Many and many of us are asking; please can an we have a 7th Character slot on one account so we can have a wizard in each school and that request is increasing.
3. Players been asking; can the rest of Wizard City become free to play so new players can have a better chance to know if they like the game well enough to buy a membership?

4, For myself and behalf of Life wizards, My question is; please can we have a lower pip AOE spell for better survival rating in lower levels

Please give us info in the next KI LIVE? Thank you!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Sparck on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
Greetings student Wizards!

As Dworgyn kindly introduced, my newly minted Wizard identity is the quite logical (but still very fun to hang around!) Sparck, and I also go by the more mysterious Bat Masterson in Pirate101. Being part of and a leader of game communities for many years now, I'm super excited and proud to be the new community manager for all of KingsIsle’s games!

I am thrilled to see community members across The Spiral and beyond connect with the KingsIsle team through the forums, livestreams, and in-game events. We’re going to be continuing to interact with you in these areas by celebrating Wizard101’s 10th Anniversary with even more exciting content and activities. Let’s work together to make it a fun adventure for all!

When it comes to being part of a new community, I’m absolutely all in – watching your skilled gameplay videos, reading your rich stories, diving into the forums and in-game, and seeing the unique screenshots and fan art you develop. There’s always something to look forward to and amazing to look back on with a community that’s prospered and grown for 10 years. Think of me as a supporter of your adventures where I’ll be there to help build the kind of community you want to see, just like how Dworgyn’s been with you.

In the meantime, let me know what the community team can do to help ensure you have a safe and fun gameplay experience for your favorite KingsIsle game. I also want to hear from all of you what your stories are for the game’s you play, especially if it’s something we can share with the rest of the community. This is what I’m here for!

Please do ask your questions here about myself and future plans for our community. Also, once we announce the next KI Live, you'll get another chance to ask questions then too, which I will respond to on the livestream. I can't wait to get to know all of you!

See you out there in The Spiral!
Hello Spark and welcome. Will you play other roles in wizard101 other than in Empyrea? If so, what will they be? What is the name of your home planet and what is it like? Will you travel to other worlds and perhaps give us quests? Hope to hear from you. See you in KI LIVE.

Administrator
Hi everyone! Thank you for the warm welcome to the community. I realize that there's much for me to live up to with Tom having led the efforts here for so many years. I'm personally very encouraged by what I've seen you guys do so far for each other, so I'm excited to get started to help keep it moving forward.

Some immediate answers to your questions and curiosities below. Please ask more questions for this week's KI Live too!

"Is there a forum or separate website in the works for people who are searching to have a quest helper through the continuously changing Spiral?"

This is a great idea! A community fansite or addition to a wiki around this idea might work best, but I think we can consider an additional forum section here if you feel it will be beneficial.

"So, they did not just make you wizard level 125 and what school are you They actually made you grind to level up are you going to be the first Wizard101 Manager to do PVP"

I'm totally grinding my way up, but I may need help if you see me in-game :). I'm in the Life school.

"What has surprised you most about the KingsIsle community so far?"

"What are you looking forward to most about becoming the new Community Manager?"

Ask me these for KI Live, I want to answer it on the show!

"I hope you love the game as much as we do"

Yes!! Though I'm newer at it then most of you are, so I hope that I can ask the community once in awhile for some tips and tricks?

"Do you prefer Pork or Beans such as the in game characters?"

Pork and Beans!

"Have you tried fishing or making pets yet? "

Yes! Though this is an area I have much more exploration to do. What pets should I check out?

"W101 has now parodied Star Trek and Dr. Who. Will we get a good world length parody of Star Wars?"

That'd be neat!

"Will you play other roles in wizard101 other than in Empyrea?"

That's a great question, I'm not sure...

Lot of other great questions here, ask them for KI Live and in the future here. Thanks again all!!

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
What is your wizards name?
How do we find you?
Would love to help you quest, friend me on my fire wizard, Catherine Firebloom.
I am sure as a life wizard you can use the help.
hope to see you

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sparck on Jul 23, 2018 wrote:
Hi everyone! Thank you for the warm welcome to the community. I realize that there's much for me to live up to with Tom having led the efforts here for so many years. I'm personally very encouraged by what I've seen you guys do so far for each other, so I'm excited to get started to help keep it moving forward.

Some immediate answers to your questions and curiosities below. Please ask more questions for this week's KI Live too!

"Is there a forum or separate website in the works for people who are searching to have a quest helper through the continuously changing Spiral?"

This is a great idea! A community fansite or addition to a wiki around this idea might work best, but I think we can consider an additional forum section here if you feel it will be beneficial.

"So, they did not just make you wizard level 125 and what school are you They actually made you grind to level up are you going to be the first Wizard101 Manager to do PVP"

I'm totally grinding my way up, but I may need help if you see me in-game :). I'm in the Life school.

"What has surprised you most about the KingsIsle community so far?"

"What are you looking forward to most about becoming the new Community Manager?"

Ask me these for KI Live, I want to answer it on the show!

"I hope you love the game as much as we do"

Yes!! Though I'm newer at it then most of you are, so I hope that I can ask the community once in awhile for some tips and tricks?

"Do you prefer Pork or Beans such as the in game characters?"

Pork and Beans!

"Have you tried fishing or making pets yet? "

Yes! Though this is an area I have much more exploration to do. What pets should I check out?

"W101 has now parodied Star Trek and Dr. Who. Will we get a good world length parody of Star Wars?"

That'd be neat!

"Will you play other roles in wizard101 other than in Empyrea?"

That's a great question, I'm not sure...

Lot of other great questions here, ask them for KI Live and in the future here. Thanks again all!!
"What pets should I check out?"

There are over 800 different pets in W101 and they're all designed beautifully! You'll see lots of them while you're questing and finding your way around. You could look at some of the different types in the hatching kiosk and around the hatchery/pet pavilion to see what kind of appearance your wizard would like most

Some pets give cards so it's worth looking at those to see what you like.

If you're a hitter you might benefit from a blade item card (it can be stacked with your trained blades for extra damage). The following pets have a life blade item card:

Courageous Bull
Dryad
Forest Beast
Kookaburra
Life Wartle
Lifedactyl
Lively Opossum
Timberland Yeti

If you're more healer you might like to have a guiding light item card, which can be found on the following:

Dragonfly
Eternal leviathan
Leaf Foot
Nice Dragon
Roseate Pixie

Honestly, I LOVE pets in W101 (except the spiders, they make me shudder!). I hope you have fun collecting them and training them...perhaps you'll also be open to the idea of a feeding station where we could spend energy to feed snacks to our pet without having to do the mini games? Lots of us would gladly forfeit the 4xp from completing the game so we can feed snacks faster

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Congratulations and good luck Dworgyn!

Welcome Mr. Sparck! It's good to have you on board!

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
My question, will Photomancy be made compatible with Mac in the future? The update notes seem to say it isn't currently, but is this expected to change?
I would like to know if this is where we should post KI Live questions on the forums. I like having a place to do that here. Not everyone uses the other platforms.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Welcome aboard Sparck. Hope to see you visit over on Wizard101 Central too!

And best of luck to you, Dworgyn. You will be missed here, on Central, and on Support too. :(

AluraMist (on Central)

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
Welcome Mr.Sparck Please join us on Wizard101 Central and check out the adult gamers of the Wizened Wizard group . Just contact Willowdreamer or Lady Cat for imfo. Once again Welcome and Live Long and Prosper! Lady cat says meow