Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Oh the cruelty !

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
17
I have been farming the Jade Oni for his pet drop for a few weeks. To date I have killed the Oni 58 times. Still no Oni pet. :-( So it was a cruel start to my gaming day when I saw the Oni pet on sale in the Crown shop this morning. I can't buy it because I'm just over 1600 crowns short and no game budget left for this month for more crowns. * heavy sigh*

Though I really can't complain about the lack of drops I've recieved from the Oni. I've gotten a lot of nice drops which include several crown items. I even got one of those little Lucky Leprechaun pets, but I really just wanted the wee Oni pet

Well back to the 'Death to the Jade Oni !' grind..... wish me luck.

Cassandra Darkheart
Master of Death

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
835
Defender
Dec 17, 2008
178
I know how you feel. Jade Oni has refused to drop the one item that I've wanted from him for months now, Jade Oni's Vestments. I've just given up on farming him though, 3 days straight of farming is enough to bore anyone lol. Good luck to you though, hopefully your luck would be better than mine!

Delver
May 29, 2009
264
AlecVolterra wrote:
you cant get the oni pet from any boss drops currently


Oh, but you can! I have been farming the Jade Oni for the St. Patrick's Day items and my fire wizard got the lucky leprechaun pet and my grandmaster balance got the Jade Oni last night along with the Wand of Wealth, Shield of the Blessed staff, and Lucky Shamrock Wand. I already had the pet from a previous drop when I was farming for wings (until Prof. Greyrose set us straight).

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
17
AlecVolterra wrote:
you cant get the oni pet from any boss drops currently



Where did you get that information?

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
164
Ithlia wrote:
I have been farming the Jade Oni for his pet drop for a few weeks. To date I have killed the Oni 58 times. Still no Oni pet. :-( So it was a cruel start to my gaming day when I saw the Oni pet on sale in the Crown shop this morning. I can't buy it because I'm just over 1600 crowns short and no game budget left for this month for more crowns. * heavy sigh*

Though I really can't complain about the lack of drops I've recieved from the Oni. I've gotten a lot of nice drops which include several crown items. I even got one of those little Lucky Leprechaun pets, but I really just wanted the wee Oni pet

Well back to the 'Death to the Jade Oni !' grind..... wish me luck.

Cassandra Darkheart
Master of Death


If it makes you feel any better at all; Jade Oni pet's card is awful, seriously. It fizzles more than ANY balance spell because of it's even lower accuracy. If you happen to be balance you are better off using your school given spells.
But if you want it just to have it, then good luck getting him in the future! :)

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
17
SorceressMiklai wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:
you cant get the oni pet from any boss drops currently


Oh, but you can! I have been farming the Jade Oni for the St. Patrick's Day items and my fire wizard got the lucky leprechaun pet and my grandmaster balance got the Jade Oni last night along with the Wand of Wealth, Shield of the Blessed staff, and Lucky Shamrock Wand. I already had the pet from a previous drop when I was farming for wings (until Prof. Greyrose set us straight).

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress



Thanks for that info Alura. I'd hate to think I was wasting my time here. So far 72 kills and no pet. I do now own 2 little Lucky Leprechauns and assorted St. Patrick's Day staffs and wands.

Also I do know that it isn't the best of cards. I wanted the pet because I thought it was addorable. Now after so many attempts it has become a contest for me... can I make that darn Oni give me a pet or will I cave in and give up. *grin* I think I can outlast Mr. Oni.

Cassandra Darkheart
Master of Death

Survivor
Mar 16, 2010
5
lol that is quite the challenge you've given yourself.

I send you my good Irish luck!


~ .:. Esmee Silvercloud .:. ~

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
Ithlia wrote:
SorceressMiklai wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:
you cant get the oni pet from any boss drops currently


Oh, but you can! I have been farming the Jade Oni for the St. Patrick's Day items and my fire wizard got the lucky leprechaun pet and my grandmaster balance got the Jade Oni last night along with the Wand of Wealth, Shield of the Blessed staff, and Lucky Shamrock Wand. I already had the pet from a previous drop when I was farming for wings (until Prof. Greyrose set us straight).

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress



Thanks for that info Alura. I'd hate to think I was wasting my time here. So far 72 kills and no pet. I do now own 2 little Lucky Leprechauns and assorted St. Patrick's Day staffs and wands.

Also I do know that it isn't the best of cards. I wanted the pet because I thought it was addorable. Now after so many attempts it has become a contest for me... can I make that darn Oni give me a pet or will I cave in and give up. *grin* I think I can outlast Mr. Oni.

Cassandra Darkheart
Master of Death


I know how you feel! I've been trying to get homunculous( i really dont pay attention to these things) or something like that's sword forever and he still wont drop it!

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
68
Where in the crown shop did you see a jade oni? i got my jade oni pet on my 4th battle against him.

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl28
life and fire

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
34
SorceressMiklai wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:
you cant get the oni pet from any boss drops currently


Oh, but you can! I have been farming the Jade Oni for the St. Patrick's Day items and my fire wizard got the lucky leprechaun pet and my grandmaster balance got the Jade Oni last night along with the Wand of Wealth, Shield of the Blessed staff, and Lucky Shamrock Wand. I already had the pet from a previous drop when I was farming for wings (until Prof. Greyrose set us straight).

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress


wow you are lucky!

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
140
Ithlia wrote:
I have been farming the Jade Oni for his pet drop for a few weeks. To date I have killed the Oni 58 times. Still no Oni pet. :-( So it was a cruel start to my gaming day when I saw the Oni pet on sale in the Crown shop this morning. I can't buy it because I'm just over 1600 crowns short and no game budget left for this month for more crowns. * heavy sigh*

Though I really can't complain about the lack of drops I've recieved from the Oni. I've gotten a lot of nice drops which include several crown items. I even got one of those little Lucky Leprechaun pets, but I really just wanted the wee Oni pet

Well back to the 'Death to the Jade Oni !' grind..... wish me luck.

Cassandra Darkheart
Master of Death


I feel your pain (well part of it). I have a myth grandmaster so I was trying to get my lvl 50 boots from kraysys. it took me forever to get them and i think i got just about ever other lvl 50 item he drops (wraith amulet is lvl 45 but it is best death amulet).

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
165
Ithlia wrote:
I have been farming the Jade Oni for his pet drop for a few weeks. To date I have killed the Oni 58 times. Still no Oni pet. :-( So it was a cruel start to my gaming day when I saw the Oni pet on sale in the Crown shop this morning. I can't buy it because I'm just over 1600 crowns short and no game budget left for this month for more crowns. * heavy sigh*

Though I really can't complain about the lack of drops I've recieved from the Oni. I've gotten a lot of nice drops which include several crown items. I even got one of those little Lucky Leprechaun pets, but I really just wanted the wee Oni pet

Well back to the 'Death to the Jade Oni !' grind..... wish me luck.

Cassandra Darkheart
Master of Death

Well we are on two sides of the farming coin. I went to the Jade Oni for the Lucky Leprechaun pets and kept getting the Jade Oni (4 so far). So I know he drops it. By the way, I farmed him for a week straight and quite a few hours per day (I would say I killed him during that week over 200 times). Do you think the program knows what you want and drops the opposite? lol Try folding clothes while beating him, at least you get something done while farming! Best of Luck!

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
17
Update...

I have now killed the Jade Oni 100 times. My drops from those 100 kills include almost every item that the Oni is suppose to drop according to sites I've read. I've gotten statue bases, Koto statues, all kinds of gear, including two Jade Oni Amethyst Blades, two Amulets of Duplicity and the following Crown items...

- two Lucky Leprechauns
- two Staff of the Crimson Heart
- the Even Footing boots
- two Lucky Shamrock Wands
- a Scepter of Springs Bounty
- a Hatchling Scepter and a
- Staff of the White Rabbit

.... but no Jade Oni Pet :(

Professors have stated to be patient when trying to get certain drops... I feel that 100 tries pretty much covers patient. So after 100 failures to get that pet combined with the upcoming pet changes... I give up. Apparently my character just isn't suppose to have a Jade Oni pet.

It was nice to get all the other gear. Even though it is of no use to the Grandmaster that I was using to farm the Oni, I do have several lower level Wizards that will use the stuff. However the experience was pretty frustrating and I won't repeat that exercise again.

Cassandra Darkheart
Master of Death