Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

no more cheats in main quest line (rant alert)

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
because i'm angry, and i'm done sugarcoating/being nice about it.

having to do research for a game that's supposed to be fun is ridiculous. the main arc quests should be doable by everyone, including the most-inexperienced solo player. there is no good reason for any of these ridiculous cheats to be part of the main storyline: let the hardcore set have their "challenge", but leave us out of it.

i can understand minor cheats, to shake things up a bit. but what really grinds my gears is when these cheats are hidden/disguised as normal main-arc quests, then lock me into a play-style that i'm not prepared for and/or a battle that i simply don't have the time to finish.

i've been working 60+ hours a week for almost a month, and the last thing i want to do when i get home after a 14-hour shift is more work. i have a job, and responsibilities~ i can't play during peak hours and staying up until 4 in the morning to find a team is not an option (since using team up this late at night doesn't get any results 90 percent of the time), so grinding through these horrible cheaty instances solo is the only choice i have. but just because i can survive the stupidity that is any khrysalis boss fight by myself doesn't mean that i want to.

i am not asking for the game to be nerfed, or for the annoying cheaty instances to be removed. i am asking that they not be part of the main quest line, as these "challenges" cannot be made easier for people who don't have an endless buddy-list or cannot find groups due to time restrictions; we should not be punished for that.

i'm aware that this topic has been done to death, a thousand times. but the needs of many are being ignored and, until our voices are loud enough to drown out the organized spamming from that hole in unicorn way, i will do it to death a thousand times more.

to those hoping we'll just leave the game and be quiet, you're missing the point. no changes ever came about because people stayed silent~ if that were the case, we'd still be living in the dark ages.

-Laura S.
"von"

exalted
casual player, human being

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
167
Hello Von,

I do agree with you and the many other players who feel the same way regarding extensively difficult areas of progression within Wizard101. The average mature player can handle the majority of the progression content solo, or with "friends" assuming they have an active contact list, but I feel the amount of young players quickly lose interest after a few unsuccessful attempts on progression content involving Boss fights where they have multiple turns within the same round, aka "cheats".

I usually play solo, and if I take the time to research specific fights, and perhaps use Crowns to hire Henchman, I can gain a victory and continue on. My family members who play just assume ask me to complete the more difficult content for them so they can resume.

I am thankful that Wizard101 is playable for young people, but there is definitely a learning curve as one progresses through the zones. I believe a ten year old can maneuver their way through Mushu with relative ease, and somewhat annoyed with the constant "Weakness" casting mobs in Dragonspyre, but beyond that, where Critical Hit and Block become factors, it becomes difficult; maybe too difficult for some.

I appreciate that KI has attempted to make it easier for the Solo player by allowing us to "Team Up" but I haven't had any luck with it as most just wanted to do the optional boss fight for drops and leave.

You and so many others like "Finn", and "Northlite" contribute to these boards, and I thank you all for that. If I can assist you perhaps we can arrange a meet and greet to "Friend" our wizards and perhaps ease up some of the progression stress you are feeling, or perhaps I can assist you in a lower level wizard's progression.

As always, best of luck to you in and out of the Spiral

Gabriel Promethean

Survivor
May 09, 2010
36
Dear Von,
I have to agree with this post 100% cheating bosses are getting ridiculous nowadays, especially when they are super difficult to solo. I remember a certain boss, I think it was azteca he always used a dr. von ( o: your name is von ) everytime I forgot to use a blade or trap. I also agree on the part where you said, having to do research on a game thats suppose to be "fun" it is ridiculous really. I wish cheating bosses never existed in this game, it would make things sooo much easier.

~Noah
"Exalted"

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
I think you have hit on a good idea here; making cheaters only on side quests. It is definitely a challenge to go against cheating bosses. Now, that can be a nice challenge or leave the player feeling like something is impossible.

Here's the question. Should KI redo the cheating bosses so they don't cheat and then from now on, only do cheaters on side quests, or should KI only change it from this point forward?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
Jack The Ice Guy on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Dear Von,
I have to agree with this post 100% cheating bosses are getting ridiculous nowadays, especially when they are super difficult to solo. I remember a certain boss, I think it was azteca he always used a dr. von ( o: your name is von ) everytime I forgot to use a blade or trap. I also agree on the part where you said, having to do research on a game thats suppose to be "fun" it is ridiculous really. I wish cheating bosses never existed in this game, it would make things sooo much easier.

~Noah
"Exalted"
The cheating has become less and less in Khrysalis, to the point where the final battle has no cheats at all and you can fight it straight up without any leadups to the fight.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
There is a simple solution to this problem,which I have posted about several times; dungeons should have a difficulty selection from easy to insane. When a person/group enters a dungeon, they would make their selection of easy, medium, hard, or insane,and the drops/mobs/bosses would be adjusted accordingly. By doing this you have satisfied players of all skills/ranges. AD&D uses this with amazing success,and there is no reason to assume it wouldn't work here.

*** Please not however that if you are after that incredibly awesome/rare item, it is only attainable from the harder settings***

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
At the 100 level of the game it needs to be stepped up. It cannot and should not be a walk in the park. They have already nerfed the game so much to cater to weaker players who don't want to bother even trying to improve. They have scaled back cheats in the main storyline already. Khrysalis has very few cheaters already. There's one dungeon in Part 2 that requires a team, OH NO, god forbid not being able to solo one dungeon.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
36
Von,

I totally get what you're saying, I've started to get annoyed with the cheating bosses and have had to research on them to know how they cheat and when, just like Ares Savage Spear, one of the cheatingest Bosses for a lower level wizard.

I'm a younger kid and have to get through these Bosses to, not all of them because I've only got to Celestia but I still have to do it, it does give a nice challenge to those who like to think a lot and do what they can to win.

I agree that Bosses cheat to much now, I've read about Bosses that all they do is cheat, and that is a very annoying position to have to be in, until this may be figured out I'd just like to think of them as a bigger challenge.

Katie Moonflame, level 57

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
147
I created a thread that pretty much explained my opinion on the matter.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/lets-satisfy-everyone-8ad6a41945b1ba330145b39570f15443?reset=1

hope it's worth something

-The RavenCatcher

100956063

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
I completely agree with you Von.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
147
dayerider on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
I think you have hit on a good idea here; making cheaters only on side quests. It is definitely a challenge to go against cheating bosses. Now, that can be a nice challenge or leave the player feeling like something is impossible.

Here's the question. Should KI redo the cheating bosses so they don't cheat and then from now on, only do cheaters on side quests, or should KI only change it from this point forward?
I don't think going back and undoing the cheats would be a good idea.

Too many people would go off about how they "nerfed" the game and then how "it's not fair that I struggled through this boss" or "that boss wasn't even hard!" just all that stuff would become common everywhere. I'm not saying I agree with any of that except for maybe the part about it being fair, but I already foresee that coming up constantly if KI did go back and start removing cheats.

That being said, there is one boss in K1 (whichever one does the (__insert vulgar adjective here__) mana burn like every 3 turns that I think should just flat out be destroyed from the game's code

-The RavenCatcher

100956360

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
seethe42 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
At the 100 level of the game it needs to be stepped up. It cannot and should not be a walk in the park. They have already nerfed the game so much to cater to weaker players who don't want to bother even trying to improve. They have scaled back cheats in the main storyline already. Khrysalis has very few cheaters already. There's one dungeon in Part 2 that requires a team, OH NO, god forbid not being able to solo one dungeon.
this comment really nails the problem. There is a HUGE gap between the hardcore and laid back players. I agree that we need to make sure both parties are happy (which I don't think that can be easily). You are clearly not a laid back player, you like the challenge, and that's fine. Von isnt saying to get rid of cheating bosses all together, just to remove them from the main storyline. I'm working my way through K2 and I can't recall any cheating bosses, just straight up fights. I don't mind some cheating involved, but it's when they have multiple cheats, or cheats that trigger other cheats.... it makes it really hard to overcome. perhaps, in the future, if they want to make cheating bosses in the storyline, they give them ONE cheat that's easy to identify. I don't mind cheats like Chester Droors, because his one cheat was easy to identify and work with. What I DON'T want to see is things like Belloq from Azteca where you have to hit him every round but not use DoTs. That is quite overpowering for a single player to complete. Even Morganth with her mana burn (an out of school spell cheat btw) in Avalon can be overcome easily enough, but when coupled with the other cheats, it can be downright frightful.

We need to keep things like this in mind when talk about the difficulty level, one where the HARDCORE player is NOT what the game was made for our touted to be. I'm not saying it should be a pushover, but hardcore players picked the wrong game to complain it's not hardcore about. This game is touted as E10+. E10+ means EVERYONE, NOT:

1) hardcore only
2) easy player only
3) kids only

It means it's rated for everybody over 10. I'm all for hard core players playing the same game I do, but as others have suggested before, even in this thread, scalable difficulty would be nice. It worked EXTREMELY well for another game which would get censored if I post it's name (but it came from a "snow storm" company). They had 3 levels of difficulty and players absolutely went crazy over it, myself included. I played all 3 levels, all characters of the game and LOVED it, and I do NOT consider myself to be a hardcore player by any means.

Seethe, your posts are becoming more and more snippy. It adds the wrong kind of fuel to the fire, as if you're trying to insult the person you're replying to or that their opinion is beneath you. I'm not your parents, and I'm sure you've seen a lot of the same suggestions over and over as we all have, but does that make their opinions less important? If it caters to a different aspect of the game that matters to you, is it less important? We all have a say here, and civility should be the name of the game. Frankly, less and less that is the case.

This kind of attitude is become the most dominant force on the boards. It's no longer about creativity, it's about bashing other people and their ideas because we, as a community, have decided that if it doesn't help us, then it a lousy idea. I really hope this gets curbed.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Dr Von on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
because i'm angry, and i'm done sugarcoating/being nice about it.

having to do research for a game that's supposed to be fun is ridiculous. the main arc quests should be doable by everyone, including the most-inexperienced solo player. there is no good reason for any of these ridiculous cheats to be part of the main storyline: let the hardcore set have their "challenge", but leave us out of it.

i can understand minor cheats, to shake things up a bit. but what really grinds my gears is when these cheats are hidden/disguised as normal main-arc quests, then lock me into a play-style that i'm not prepared for and/or a battle that i simply don't have the time to finish.

i've been working 60+ hours a week for almost a month, and the last thing i want to do when i get home after a 14-hour shift is more work. i have a job, and responsibilities~ i can't play during peak hours and staying up until 4 in the morning to find a team is not an option (since using team up this late at night doesn't get any results 90 percent of the time), so grinding through these horrible cheaty instances solo is the only choice i have. but just because i can survive the stupidity that is any khrysalis boss fight by myself doesn't mean that i want to.

i am not asking for the game to be nerfed, or for the annoying cheaty instances to be removed. i am asking that they not be part of the main quest line, as these "challenges" cannot be made easier for people who don't have an endless buddy-list or cannot find groups due to time restrictions; we should not be punished for that.

i'm aware that this topic has been done to death, a thousand times. but the needs of many are being ignored and, until our voices are loud enough to drown out the organized spamming from that hole in unicorn way, i will do it to death a thousand times more.

to those hoping we'll just leave the game and be quiet, you're missing the point. no changes ever came about because people stayed silent~ if that were the case, we'd still be living in the dark ages.

-Laura S.
"von"

exalted
casual player, human being
I see your rant and raise it to a complaint.

No really by now you all know my take on the game now. I have had to stop helping in game because I just can't stand to see the struggle some of the players are having and I can't help everyone at the same time. I helped too many though the end of AZ, I hatch with who ever and what ever pets I can and all for what, to prolong the inevitable. I am done.

My advice to you Von - run from the game like you never knew it existed. Save yourself this agony and forget about going kicking and screaming it falls on deaf ears. We are a minority not a majority and we all know who rules.

Here's my stance in the game now, since I have a yrly sub - no questing on any of my high level wizards again. All but my original wizard gets the axe, she holds all the stuff I want to keep. My yougest wizard is in Marleybone - I will play this wizard until my level 56 crafted gear is no longer valuable - probably end of Zafaria. When Avalon first came out I let a family member talk me into helping her quest though and it happened 2 times more on her other wizards and then again AZ. Back then I ended the game the end of Zafaria, I should of stood firm on that - my bad. I am going to flip coin on Avalon. I will never do AZ again - I think it ruined the game for me.

To be fair - just because a game presents difficulty it doesn't mean everyone playing can figure it out no matter how hard they try, it's just beyond their thought pattern. Everyone's mental capacity is different, becoming a gamer is not with in mine or others I have helped.

Mary

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
seethe42 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
The cheating has become less and less in Khrysalis, to the point where the final battle has no cheats at all and you can fight it straight up without any leadups to the fight.
Actually, the cheating has become more in Khrysalis, not less and please don't skirt the issue when you talk about the last battle, because what leads up to it makes Xibalba and Belloq look like a cake-walk when they first came out, plus there is cheating in the final dungeon.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
Intrepidatius on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
There is a simple solution to this problem,which I have posted about several times; dungeons should have a difficulty selection from easy to insane. When a person/group enters a dungeon, they would make their selection of easy, medium, hard, or insane,and the drops/mobs/bosses would be adjusted accordingly. By doing this you have satisfied players of all skills/ranges. AD&D uses this with amazing success,and there is no reason to assume it wouldn't work here.

*** Please not however that if you are after that incredibly awesome/rare item, it is only attainable from the harder settings***
Sounds like a good idea, until you look at it from the perspective of many gamers that can't or are not able to ever do the 'insane' version of a dungeon to get the good gear.

This is a family-oriented game that should be accessible to everyone, not a select few who want the hardcore version and be able to get the good gear that most people won't be able to get, which once again, separates the casual relaxed player from the hardcore challengers. It needs to be fair to everyone. No one should be punished for not being able to do the harder dungeons. No one should be punished for the lack of accessibility to the same gear drops.

AD&D plus other more mature/hardcore-type games are just that .... they are for another type or set of player that enjoys the different and harder challenges. What works for one game, doesn't mean it will work for another. Wizard101 was not originally designed that way, and I fail to see the reason why some want to see the game become so incredibly difficult, that many players will never reach the end because of the way the game has changed.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
seethe42 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
At the 100 level of the game it needs to be stepped up. It cannot and should not be a walk in the park. They have already nerfed the game so much to cater to weaker players who don't want to bother even trying to improve. They have scaled back cheats in the main storyline already. Khrysalis has very few cheaters already. There's one dungeon in Part 2 that requires a team, OH NO, god forbid not being able to solo one dungeon.
It is wrong to assume that if the game was nerfed, "it was to cater to weaker players who don't want to bother even trying to improve." That is a very presumptuous analogy which is based on no evidence whatsoever and shows me it's a very narrow-minded view.

Not everyone can get the 'perfect gear' or the 'perfect pet'. Many don't craft, many will try and farm for what they can get, and many use what dropped gear they have. Many don't have the time, energy, money, or willingness to spend hours on end, or even months trying to obtain one little thing that will help them. There are people with disabilities that can not do or get all the extra convoluted junk that this game now has to offer because it's too much for them. Is it fair? That would be a big fat .... NO.

Separating the 'have' and 'have not' promotes more elitism, which PvP already has the corner market on.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
hi everybody
i am a 100 level ice wizard and truthfully the cheating boss have gotten easier as you level up because they dont cheat as much as when you a low level i think they should make cheating bosses have less heath then the normal bosses these way you can beat it easier but you still get challang by the cheats because it be boring if all the battle were the same it's a boss guys not a normal guy they just need to lower the heath on cheating boss is i know there hard to beat i hate sometimes battle them to but i don't think they should be taken out because then it just be a bunch of normal fights that you can battle in the streets of fire cat ally i know it hard because i went threw all the junk and most of it had to solo because you don't get much help anymore because not everyone wants to do it again so i understand it makes you wanna just scream but they should not be taken out of the game they should just be weekend so some of us who like battle them can still do it it not fair to take out something that some of us like just because you don't like it they just need to be made easier to kill
also i really don't care if you think i wrong about these or not because i just responding to what you put on message bored but these is what i think and nothing going Chang it because i like the cheating bosses because there one of the challenging thing you can do for fun like he solo ice bosses fights if you wanna talk about something talk about making it easier to kill the solo bosses for class spells there a topic that someone need to put on here also ill be watching this topic to see were it goes i got a feeling it going be a hot topic
100 wizard

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
seethe42 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
At the 100 level of the game it needs to be stepped up. It cannot and should not be a walk in the park. They have already nerfed the game so much to cater to weaker players who don't want to bother even trying to improve. They have scaled back cheats in the main storyline already. Khrysalis has very few cheaters already. There's one dungeon in Part 2 that requires a team, OH NO, god forbid not being able to solo one dungeon.
Once again, the hardcore set assumes that casual players are weak and/or lazy; this is the problem right here.

I have some of the best gear available and good (but not perfect) pets on all 3 of my promethean/exalted wizards. I don't struggle with much, but I hate getting stonewalled and being unable to progress at all until I can stay up late enough to get help.

I am not an experienced player, so every cheat I run across (especially if it's hidden or disguised as a normal quest) involves lots of trial and error (or, in the case of some, is an exercise in futility). "Scaled back" to you isn't necessarily "scaled back" to someone who is inexperienced, or to someone who can't find a team because they simply don't have 4 hours to spare.

It's obvious that you are a very-experienced gamer and that you think that we are beneath you/ that we should be ignored because you consider those of us who don't have your credentials to be "weak". Every single post you've made on this topic just reeks of elitism, and that's why the hardcore set keeps pushing these ridiculous cheats~ if, heaven forbid, the gear needed to survive becomes available to everyone, then you're no longer special snowflakes.

Really, it's about more than just you.

Mary said:

My advice to you Von - run from the game like you never knew it existed. Save yourself this agony and forget about going kicking and screaming it falls on deaf ears. We are a minority not a majority and we all know who rules.


I want to agree with you. But it's because I care about the community that I cannot and will not do that.

-von

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
and, on a slightly-unrelated-but-still-related (and less rant-y) note:

MMOLuvr said:
You and so many others like "Finn", and "Northlite" contribute to these boards, and I thank you all for that. If I can assist you perhaps we can arrange a meet and greet to "Friend" our wizards and perhaps ease up some of the progression stress you are feeling, or perhaps I can assist you in a lower level wizard's progression.

You're welcome, Gabriel, and thank you for your kind words~ I would love to meet your wizard (and Finn and Mary, too).

If anyone wants to meet in-game, I'm on Central as Von Shadowsong. Feel free to stop by my page and say hi!

-v.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
BrynnerOfReign on May 1, 2014 wrote:
Sounds like a good idea, until you look at it from the perspective of many gamers that can't or are not able to ever do the 'insane' version of a dungeon to get the good gear.

This is a family-oriented game that should be accessible to everyone, not a select few who want the hardcore version and be able to get the good gear that most people won't be able to get, which once again, separates the casual relaxed player from the hardcore challengers. It needs to be fair to everyone. No one should be punished for not being able to do the harder dungeons. No one should be punished for the lack of accessibility to the same gear drops.

AD&D plus other more mature/hardcore-type games are just that .... they are for another type or set of player that enjoys the different and harder challenges. What works for one game, doesn't mean it will work for another. Wizard101 was not originally designed that way, and I fail to see the reason why some want to see the game become so incredibly difficult, that many players will never reach the end because of the way the game has changed.
This is the closest you can get to appeasing everyone. It would make players from all skill sets able to complete the quests within their desired comfort range. As for the gear, it would drop in all ranges,but those who worked harder on insane gear would have better stats than the novice gear,that is only fair. The harder you work, the more commensurate the reward. I stand by my original assessment; this is the best solution I have seen so far. But, I would be elated if you, or anyone else can come come up with a better one. Happy gaming.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
Dr Von on May 2, 2014 wrote:
Once again, the hardcore set assumes that casual players are weak and/or lazy; this is the problem right here.

I have some of the best gear available and good (but not perfect) pets on all 3 of my promethean/exalted wizards. I don't struggle with much, but I hate getting stonewalled and being unable to progress at all until I can stay up late enough to get help.

I am not an experienced player, so every cheat I run across (especially if it's hidden or disguised as a normal quest) involves lots of trial and error (or, in the case of some, is an exercise in futility). "Scaled back" to you isn't necessarily "scaled back" to someone who is inexperienced, or to someone who can't find a team because they simply don't have 4 hours to spare.

It's obvious that you are a very-experienced gamer and that you think that we are beneath you/ that we should be ignored because you consider those of us who don't have your credentials to be "weak". Every single post you've made on this topic just reeks of elitism, and that's why the hardcore set keeps pushing these ridiculous cheats~ if, heaven forbid, the gear needed to survive becomes available to everyone, then you're no longer special snowflakes.

Really, it's about more than just you.

Mary said:

My advice to you Von - run from the game like you never knew it existed. Save yourself this agony and forget about going kicking and screaming it falls on deaf ears. We are a minority not a majority and we all know who rules.


I want to agree with you. But it's because I care about the community that I cannot and will not do that.

-von
And once again you assume that everyone who likes the game the way it is is a "hardcore" gamer. You constantly use that term as an insult. You are also completely condescending to every poster that disagrees with you. If you don't want counter-rants, you really shouldn't be posting rants. Take your own advice, it's about more than just you. Different people can have different views than your own, it doesn't make them any less valid. You speak of elitism while wearing your title of "casual gamer" as if it's a badge of honor that somehow makes you the authority on how the game should run. I have never called myself a hardcore gamer and never would. I wouldn't even call myself a very experienced gamer, just capable. You are very guilty of what you accuse myself and others of. You seem to think that everyone who disagrees with you should be ignored just because we enjoy the game the way it's going and don't want it nerfed into oblivion.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
I have several points I'd like to make on the topic of cheating in the main quest line:
  • I do not see why cheating is necessary to make the game challenging or interesting. There are lots of things that can be done to create a challenge without altering the game rules. You could simply make bosses heal more often. I'm certain death players would be thrilled to have a solid quest based reason to cast doom and gloom or use one of their many heal reducing options.
  • I have played this game with a huge age range of kids. While every kid is different, I have found that the cheats are a stopping point for the majority (obviously, there are lots of exceptions) of them around 13 and under. When I play with kids, I enjoy being a good support player with them in a leadership position. Being forced to alter this dynamic in order to advance the main quest line does not enhance my calm.
  • From a solo perspective, I do not enjoy cheats. I have never had a huge problem making my way through them, but I have found that I instinctively avoid them and view them the same way I view pet training. In other words, they are something to endure, not something to enjoy.
  • I do not strictly have a problem with cheats. I have had fun in group dungeons that cheat. Dungeons such as Briskbreeze and the Warehouse are my ideal version of cheat implementation. They are completely optional, fun in a group, and start you off with a warning.
  • The only cheating that draws my ire is in main storyline quests. I largely enjoy Celestia and find it to be an interesting story and challenge. However, In my opinion "The Trial of the Spheres" should more aptly be named "The Trial of your Patience". Every boss cheats and I have never enjoyed it solo. Yet, it must be endured to unlock the next world.
I doubt I will be able to post again until the next time I buy crowns but I do think this is an important topic and wanted to get in my two cents.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
seethe42 on May 3, 2014 wrote:
And once again you assume that everyone who likes the game the way it is is a "hardcore" gamer. You constantly use that term as an insult. You are also completely condescending to every poster that disagrees with you. If you don't want counter-rants, you really shouldn't be posting rants. Take your own advice, it's about more than just you. Different people can have different views than your own, it doesn't make them any less valid. You speak of elitism while wearing your title of "casual gamer" as if it's a badge of honor that somehow makes you the authority on how the game should run. I have never called myself a hardcore gamer and never would. I wouldn't even call myself a very experienced gamer, just capable. You are very guilty of what you accuse myself and others of. You seem to think that everyone who disagrees with you should be ignored just because we enjoy the game the way it's going and don't want it nerfed into oblivion.
Sorry, try again.

I never once claimed to be an authority on anything or used the term hardcore gamer as an insult; I have also never suggested that anyone be ignored~ that's twisting my words to suit your purpose, and you've done that all on your own. But the fact that you just exhibited the exact attitude that your post accuses me of kinda nullifies your whole argument.

I am not an elitist; never have been, never will be.... Again, you're twisting my words. I have no problems with both types of players sharing the game; my issue is, and has always been, that KI has decided to slight one of us, in order to appease the other. If you even read my post, you'd have seen that I did not ask for the game to be nerfed "into oblivion", or at all. I simply asked that the ridiculous cheats be kept out of the main quest line~ if you can justify their place in what was intended (and is still marketed) as a casual game, then by all means feel free.

I highly recommend that you take your own advice as well. Don't want to hear opinions that are different from yours? Then don't stalk my threads. It really is that simple. Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't invalidate it~ if you expect me to respect your views, then maybe you should try doing the same. Respect is a privilege, not a right.

I don't care whether you agree with me or not; conflict is a healthy and normal part of being human. But you have insulted me on numerous occasions and taken shots at everyone who doesn't share your view; if you can't handle a little of what you dish out, then perhaps you should be more tactful in your replies.

Inexperienced does not mean weak, incapable, or unwilling; it means exactly what's on the tin. And, before you put words in my mouth again, may I remind you that I am responsible only for what I say: not your selective interpretation of those words.

-v.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
well long as they move the cheating bosses into a side quest or something so i can still fight them i fine with it
if you guys want to ruin the game by making these happen go ahead if we don't have cheating bosses in the main story line then were not going have much of a challenge but o well i guess just because some people don't like having to really work for there level is to much of a problem so just move the cheating bosses to the side quest and replace them with lame bosses i guess

100 wizard

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
51
Hello,

I know that cheating bosses are pretty annoying, these battles were meant to be endured and not enjoyed at all. Up until now, I have successfully gone through most of the cheating bosses on my own, but I must confess it wasn't something I enjoyed doing. I am currently in Azteca and things have got worse, but I am managing to level up through the maps, I am in the Docks right now. The only boss I couldn't defeat by myself was that cheating Monkey, which I forgot his name, I had to count on my friend's help with that one.

Unfortunately I think KI is not going to change anything about the cheating bosses, as they expect us to be prepared for the high level worlds they are constantly releasing. The 'casual player' idea has ceased way behind in Zafaria, where cheating bosses were a bit rare. Now, in the high level worlds, help from others has never been so imperative, so grouping became essential.

As I am aware that bosses now always hold little pesky surprises, I always search on the Wiki for the boss I'm fighting against, so I will not be caught off guard by unknown cheats. This is my advise for those who are struggling in bosses like that.

I fear that worlds after Avalon were not meant to be soloed by kids, although it's a game focused on them, as most of them don't have the capacity to figure out a way to beat such battles, besides the patience to endure them, unless they are accompained by someone elder/experienced than him/her. Mind you, I'm not ever saying they are incapable, on the contrary, but it's just it's sometimes so difficult for us that I can imagine their struggle.

Ultimately, I want to let you know that I am not arguing with anyone, I am just saying my opnion on this matter. Hope it contributed to something on this thread.