Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Night Knight / Glorious Morn Idea

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
We've had a few different crown events now, ranging from extreme top tiers (Night Knight / Glorious Morn) to much more accessible tiers that can be repeated (spend 3990c for a free pack).

Across various online platforms I've seen praise and glowing responses to the repeatable low cost events and some less than polite responses to the events with higher tiers. However, while the event is optional and the rewards are purely aesthetic I'm not convinced that some of the arguments against it are as straight-forward as they seem.

I suspect there is an aspect simmering beneath some posts that has not been considered. Is the response purely about the cost/value of the higher tiers or could it potentially be about the higher tiers preventing repetition of lower tiers?

I thought about my own spending during this Glorious Morn event and wondered why the event was structured in such a way that I spent so much LESS than I would have if the tiers I wanted could have been repeated.

These higher tier events allow the bigger spenders to splash out on exclusive aesthetic rewards, but would it be beneficial to also allow customers to be able to choose at each tier whether they 'continue' or 'reset' the rewards?

There could easily be the assumption customers stopped spending because they had exhausted their disposable income or budget for the event, but stopping spending can also be attributed to perceived value of the different tiers. I know I'd have done multiple resets and continued spending instead of deciding to stop as nothing beyond that tier appealed to me.

KI and @sparck – would you consider adding this reset/continue option to future high tiered events?

Wizarding community – if you could have reset the rewards to repeat the tiers you wanted, would you have spent more?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on May 24, 2019 wrote:
We've had a few different crown events now, ranging from extreme top tiers (Night Knight / Glorious Morn) to much more accessible tiers that can be repeated (spend 3990c for a free pack).

Across various online platforms I've seen praise and glowing responses to the repeatable low cost events and some less than polite responses to the events with higher tiers. However, while the event is optional and the rewards are purely aesthetic I'm not convinced that some of the arguments against it are as straight-forward as they seem.

I suspect there is an aspect simmering beneath some posts that has not been considered. Is the response purely about the cost/value of the higher tiers or could it potentially be about the higher tiers preventing repetition of lower tiers?

I thought about my own spending during this Glorious Morn event and wondered why the event was structured in such a way that I spent so much LESS than I would have if the tiers I wanted could have been repeated.

These higher tier events allow the bigger spenders to splash out on exclusive aesthetic rewards, but would it be beneficial to also allow customers to be able to choose at each tier whether they 'continue' or 'reset' the rewards?

There could easily be the assumption customers stopped spending because they had exhausted their disposable income or budget for the event, but stopping spending can also be attributed to perceived value of the different tiers. I know I'd have done multiple resets and continued spending instead of deciding to stop as nothing beyond that tier appealed to me.

KI and @sparck – would you consider adding this reset/continue option to future high tiered events?

Wizarding community – if you could have reset the rewards to repeat the tiers you wanted, would you have spent more?
Perhaps my point is going to come off the main subject discussed within your post in regards to reset but i do agree on the point you made on reward reset. However i believe the main problem about these specific crown rewards events isn't because its free or essentially optional and no one has to spend crowns for such events but rather leaves a negative feed back on your dedicated member and crown players who has spent such much time playing the game only the realize the direction of the game has become the monopoly of reality that's its not a joke anymore. I have a saying business and fun don't mix at all no matter how much you try to correlate the two, but this is the world we live in today.

A lot would probably flame me for saying this but most players can agree that they would rather play a game with a group of friends and have fun, than to be the only one who is able to spend money on a game and play alone. In the the reference towards the tier list reward gears from a business perceptive i believe k i would be better off selling these gears within the crown shop for at least 10k for the set and 5-8k for the mount than having players of minimum to the no likely hood of spending 225k-500k crowns.

Would i have spent $800 on a mount with 55 speed and a gear with no stats? absolutely not would i have spend 800 on a game that not fun anymore nope lol, but again that's just my opinion :D i have a membership of 1 yrs since october just rotting away as times goes because i choose to spend my time elsewhere but due to my nostalgic of such a wonderful experience within wiz contents a game grew up with made friends of every sort of nature cool spells etc its hard to see such a game going towards a down hill part(PVP).

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
angellifeheart on May 24, 2019 wrote:
Perhaps my point is going to come off the main subject discussed within your post in regards to reset but i do agree on the point you made on reward reset. However i believe the main problem about these specific crown rewards events isn't because its free or essentially optional and no one has to spend crowns for such events but rather leaves a negative feed back on your dedicated member and crown players who has spent such much time playing the game only the realize the direction of the game has become the monopoly of reality that's its not a joke anymore. I have a saying business and fun don't mix at all no matter how much you try to correlate the two, but this is the world we live in today.

A lot would probably flame me for saying this but most players can agree that they would rather play a game with a group of friends and have fun, than to be the only one who is able to spend money on a game and play alone. In the the reference towards the tier list reward gears from a business perceptive i believe k i would be better off selling these gears within the crown shop for at least 10k for the set and 5-8k for the mount than having players of minimum to the no likely hood of spending 225k-500k crowns.

Would i have spent $800 on a mount with 55 speed and a gear with no stats? absolutely not would i have spend 800 on a game that not fun anymore nope lol, but again that's just my opinion :D i have a membership of 1 yrs since october just rotting away as times goes because i choose to spend my time elsewhere but due to my nostalgic of such a wonderful experience within wiz contents a game grew up with made friends of every sort of nature cool spells etc its hard to see such a game going towards a down hill part(PVP).
I'm glad you agree with the reset idea

I understand what you're saying about the other aspects of the event and I was trying to skirt around them somewhat as I'm not sure how I feel about them. I have mixed feelings and thoughts. I also recognised that my reasoning is at least partially flawed and I'm still working it out lol

Basically I have come to the (unpopular) opinion that I'm okay with these kinds of events and aesthetic rewards at levels of spending beyond my means but I'm still working out why, if I am okay with them, why do I have a threshold for what is an 'acceptable excessive price'. The closest I've got to working out my weird 'this is okay but the last one was not' is that one is a price within a general household insurance and the other would put the item into the next bracket of needing to be specified for insurance...yeah, there is some logic to it but that 'logic' is completely irrelevant to the situation.

I'm happy to discuss my thoughts of course, but I'd hope anyone reading would be aware I've recognised a limitation in my own objectivity that I am still working out!