Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New/Old Crown gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2008

When the new Zeke gear is formally released, what will happen to the gear we have alerady purchased? Will my Triton/Hydra/whatever cloak/hat/boots (that I potentially paid real money for) suddenly become some ridiculous spell? Do we get to keep them because they were grandfathered in?

I apologize if this was previously addressed; I searched, but did not find the answer.

Administrator
It's true that Zeke is getting some new clothes in stock, and his existing stock is not going to be available for purchase anymore.

When this happens, the existing items will stay exactly the same as they are now, they just won't be available for purchase anymore.

Just like the sweater you bought in January at a real life store: it is not for sale anymore, but that doesn't change the sweater you still own.

We are looking at changing out Zeke's clothing on a regular basis so if you see something you like - get it now!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
Gamma wrote:
We are looking at changing out Zeke's clothing on a regular basis so if you see something you like - get it now!

YAY!! I will gladly pay for individuality, keep it coming
I notice I am not the only one in game who gives up stats for looks
and as soon as it is no longer available it becomes special,
this game has the unique no player economy that allows things to become special .

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Gamma wrote:
It's true that Zeke is getting some new clothes in stock, and his existing stock is not going to be available for purchase anymore.

When this happens, the existing items will stay exactly the same as they are now, they just won't be available for purchase anymore.

Just like the sweater you bought in January at a real life store: it is not for sale anymore, but that doesn't change the sweater you still own.

uh .... does that mean the Shops will ALSO change inventory? Or will they stay the same?

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 35, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")

Administrator
The "Crowns" items sold for gold in shops will change but the rest of the inventory should stay the same for now.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Gamma wrote:
The "Crowns" items sold for gold in shops will change but the rest of the inventory should stay the same for now.

I guess I won't get that special Robe (or was it boots?) that gave the Wizard a Troll Minion Spell..... Way too expensive, even with Crowns.....