Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NEVER first

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I have a complaint it's that when battling monsters I NEVER get to go first they are ALWAYS first and kill me simply cause of that reason is this with everyone or am I just unfortunate?

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
It doesn't matter who goes first. One thing I notice about W101 is even if you do go first the Creatures will always, always, manage to sneak, dispell, or weakness, on you. protect shield on them.

I been in situations, when I would cast my spell, then whatever spell it was it land on the creature. Then the creature would go and cast it's spell, It would land on me etc. Well in the middle of my wand/staff animation (the very first animation) your school is, wheather it being the little flame, Skull, or all seeing eye symbol from whatever school your character is in. The creature I am targeting would throw up a weakness, dispell, or a protection shield the second before I use my spell in my mid animation.

Happens most of the time if the spell gives you some type of advantage over the creature or creatures that you are using it on. Mostly happens 99.9% of the time if the spell you are casting will kill the creature in one hit.( that is if you do not get a fiizzle first. Which happens way, way, way to much when you can kill the creature off with whatever spell)

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Sounds like you got some bad luck. There are some monster battles that always begin with the enemy first, but others should be randomized. I tend to have about a 50-50 split.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
bravevline wrote:
I have a complaint it's that when battling monsters I NEVER get to go first they are ALWAYS first and kill me simply cause of that reason is this with everyone or am I just unfortunate?

You have NEVER went first in the entire time you have played the game??? I seriously doubt that. You sound like a whiner for no reason,and a liar. I wouldn't have even printed your post. Try being more mature and using some thought to win your battles.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
bravevline wrote:

You have NEVER went first in the entire time you have played the game??? I seriously doubt that. You sound like a whiner for no reason,and a liar. I wouldn't have even printed your post. Try being more mature and using some thought to win your battles.
I am exxagerating or however you spell it that means i barely go first