Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Friends and i have been wondering

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
My friends and i have been wondering for ages and ages and ages what does the taunt spell do. KI, plz answer

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
aditha12 wrote:
My friends and i have been wondering for ages and ages and ages what does the taunt spell do. KI, plz answer

It focuses the enemies attack on whoever cast the spell.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
aditha12 wrote:

Taunt is an Ice spell that draws enemy aggro~ meaning that you'll be seen as a bigger threat by the enemy you're fighting, and they'll attack you instead of the others in your group.

The reason this is an Ice spell is because they were built to take damage~ when combined with their massive health and resistance to... well, everything... this will draw the attention towards the Ice wizard and away from his/her more-vulnerable teammates.

I don't know if KI replies to stuff like this, but I hope this answer will suffice. ;)

Happy trails,

El Veeb

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Well for starters it does absolutley no effect in PVP. In PVE it makes the enemy attack you, and reducing the threat makes them not.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
The taunt spell is used when you want who to cast it on, to attack you. I know why would you want them to attack you but my minion uses it which helps me usually heal or prepare to attack without losing any more health from them attacking me so they usually go after my minion.

Also it helpful when playing with others who might be waiting to heal themselves or prepare to attack by taunting them to attack you so your teammates stay safe while waiting for pips or to heal.

It doesn't always work that way with my minion since sometimes he will use it and they still attack me but does help most of the time.

Hope this helps explain it a little bit.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
You forgot to add, taunting works on PVP ONLY on minions cast by the opposition.

Sincerely Jeffrey Spirithunter
lvl 74 Necromancer

Explorer
May 02, 2011