Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My first dungeon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2009
Went to my first dungeon (solo) in Nightshade ? and I got killed by three bad guys just about as soon as I zoned in. It wasn't even close.
Question: Are dungeons meant to be solo'd? Thought my health was pretty good for my level, guess not.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
Ahh. You've encountered Sunken City, it is quite a difficult instance. I would reccomend bringing some friends along for that one. Luckily, it is not part of the main story line and you will be able to move on to Krokotopia without having to complete it. You should be able to with a few friends though. If not, just try again when you're a higher level.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
If you are the level that mathces the dungeon (in other words, your first time, not coming back) you are not meant to solo it.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
The dungeon in Nightshade is the first one you gain access to but it's not the easiest dungeon. Just move on into Krokotopia and you'll find many dungeons that are solo'able. You can come back to the dungeon in Nightshade when you are more powerful.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
loganskt wrote:
Went to my first dungeon (solo) in Nightshade ? and I got killed by three bad guys just about as soon as I zoned in. It wasn't even close.
Question: Are dungeons meant to be solo'd? Thought my health was pretty good for my level, guess not.

This isn't actually meant to be played until later in the game. Around level 30 or so you should be able to solo.

There are three such (Sunken City, Beguiler & Kenningston) that discretion says play a bit later.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Great replies all! I was somewhat worried that I was too weak for my level. Makes great sense to level up a bit before coming back. On to Krok!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
So, not all dungeons are that much more difficult than the rest of the area they're in? Because I'm up to the Throne Room dungeon in Krokotopia, but didn't bother trying solo because I saw how difficult Nightside is.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Alternatively, just grab a friend and do it together. I just went through last night with a friend of mine and we trounced it. We're only level 15.