Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

minions

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
22
minions
I just wonderd: I have seen a few posts about minions and am wondering if only the balance school has them?
Thanks

Administrator
Re: minions
Each school gets minions however they don't all get them at the same level. Myth gets theirs quite early on, and the strength of their minion depends on how many pips they spend on it.

Minions are acquired by completing a quest for your professor, so pay attention to the tool tips that ask you to come see us!



community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 27, 2008
24
Re: minions
Balance gets two minion spells. Expect to see one while in Krokosphinx. Other one, not sure yet.

Explorer
Aug 20, 2008
96
Re: minions
I'm curious how effective it is to build a deck around your minion(s). I've been experimenting with it since I discovered the spell guy above the "hidden" store in Krokotopia with the minion support spells.

Unfortunately, it seems like the minion is just a little bit too unpredictable to make it seem like a wise strategy to depend entirely on your minion for your damage output.


Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
44
Re: minions
death- level 28- one minion

life- level 18- one minion

myth- not sure- three minions

ice- level 18- one minion

storm- level 18- one minion

fire- level 18- one minion

balance- level 18 and 40- four minions (mander minion at 18, spectral minion at 40- getting either ice, storm, or fire minion)

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
32
Re: minions
Wow, I'm a fire wizard and I got my minion at level 30 while doing quests in Marleybone. I must have missed something huh?!?

Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
21
Re: minions
pckls wrote:
death- level 28- one minion

life- level 18- one minion

myth- not sure- three minions

ice- level 18- one minion

storm- level 18- one minion

fire- level 18- one minion

balance- level 18 and 40- four minions (mander minion at 18, spectral minion at 40- getting either ice, storm, or fire minion)


I believe that Ice gets their minion quest starting at level 28. (I have had 3 Ice wizards since Closed Beta that were able to receive this quest.) Generally you are unable to complete it until level 29 or 30 though, as you receive the quest at the end of Krok or beginning of MarleyBone, but have to be able to access Chelsea Court (after Hyde Park) in MarleyBone.

Though I haven't had a Fire wizard level up high enough yet, it was previously posted that Fire gets their minion quest at level 28 also. Can someone confirm which is correct?

Myth gains their minion quest at level 1, 8, and 18, receiving Living Puppet, Troll and Cyclops, respectively.

Thank you for the info on the balance minion. I've had 2 wizards make it to the Mander minion quest, but neither to receive the Spectral minion quest level yet. ;)

Also, Death wizards do only get one minion spell, but depending on the amount of pips accrued when the spell is cast, they may end up with one of six (?) minions: Dark Pixie, Ghost, Ghoul, Banshee, Vampire & Wraith. (I have only experienced it second hand, but I believe this to be accurate. Please correct if I am wrong.)

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
32
Re: minions
hmmmk wrote:

Though I haven't had a Fire wizard level up high enough yet, it was previously posted that Fire gets their minion quest at level 28 also. Can someone confirm which is correct?


Um, I just got my minion at level 30. I'm a fire/death wizard. I am in Marleybone. Theres your confirmation.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2008
4
Re: minions
Why is mr incinrator so strong when your on a quest to get your minion I am Michael Mythrider if you see me I will be wearing order of the fang(badge) Please add me as your buddy and we can take him down together.






P.S. Im in krokotopia last tomb so to help me you must be able to go to cheasla court

Survivor
Sep 09, 2008
4
Re: minions
Revelations wrote:
hmmmk wrote:

Though I haven't had a Fire wizard level up high enough yet, it was previously posted that Fire gets their minion quest at level 28 also. Can someone confirm which is correct?


Um, I just got my minion at level 30. I'm a fire/death wizard. I am in Marleybone. Theres your confirmation.



I dont know whats wrong because i am fire too and I got my minion quest when I leveled up to 28.

Explorer
Aug 20, 2008
96
Re: minions
Of course, you can have a minion at level 1, if you're willing to pay Zeke a couple of bucks for it. ;) He's got a death minion hat in Wizard City and a Myth minion (troll) shirt in Krokotopia.

Does he have minion shoes in Marleybone?

How is that death minion spell? My myth wizard is kind of minion oriented, so I've played with the idea of buying the death minion from Zeke just to have another minion to play around with.


Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
32
Re: minions
koopa353 wrote:
Revelations wrote:
hmmmk wrote:

Though I haven't had a Fire wizard level up high enough yet, it was previously posted that Fire gets their minion quest at level 28 also. Can someone confirm which is correct?


Um, I just got my minion at level 30. I'm a fire/death wizard. I am in Marleybone. Theres your confirmation.



I dont know whats wrong because i am fire too and I got my minion quest when I leveled up to 28.


I did every quest I could until I got stuck at the school of balance bug. So I started doing all the Hallowe'en quests, then started hitting certain instances over again. Even did Sunken City solo, blech! That could explain it.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
21
Re: minions
Slickriptide wrote:
Of course, you can have a minion at level 1, if you're willing to pay Zeke a couple of bucks for it. ;) He's got a death minion hat in Wizard City and a Myth minion (troll) shirt in Krokotopia.

Does he have minion shoes in Marleybone?

How is that death minion spell? My myth wizard is kind of minion oriented, so I've played with the idea of buying the death minion from Zeke just to have another minion to play around with.


Wow, thanks for that info. I had no idea there were minions for sale. lol ;)

Checking up on your question shows no sign of minion clothing from Zeke in Marleybone or Mooshu. Maybe there is something in store for us at Dragonspyre though. :)

My death wizard isn't high enough level yet, but I have seen the death minion spell in action. Honestly, if I didn't have Colossus, I wouldn't mind having any one of the six death minions around for my ice wizard. ;)

Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
3
Re: minions
Myth wizards get a fourth minion at Lv 38 as a spell quest. It is a Minotaur that costs 3 pips and has 700 HP. It acts more like a tank then the other myth minions, he comes in real handy sometimes.

Explorer
Aug 20, 2008
96
Re: minions
Can someone describe the death minion spell? I have the impression that it summons a different minion depending on how many pips you spend.

With Myth, you have four different minions, and the X cost determines how much health the minion has. A 4-pip cyclops casts the exact same spells as a 1-pip cyclops.

Does each death minion have its own selection of spells or do they all cast the same spells?

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
13
Re: minions
@hmmk. The minions you listed were minions that death can cast, but there are a few more. Death can cast 14 different minions actually, and the only way they can cast one for that many pips is if you have all power pips, which would be pretty hard to get, unless you're in dragonspyre or you have lots of those daggers and rings that up your power pip percentage. I'll list the minions that I know of, in order of how many pips you spend on them. And remember, just get the amount of pips it cost, and multiply it by a hundred. That's how much health the minion will have.

One pip= Etheral servant, 100 health.

Two pips= Charmed fairy, 200 health

Three pips= I'm not so sure on this one.

Four pips= I think it's some type of ghoul, 400 health.

Five pips= Captive banshee, 500 health.

Six pips= Not so sure on this one either.

Seven pips= Some type of scarecrow, 700 health. ( Note, the higher level ones have the ability to cast kraken, evil snowman, vampires, and other good spells.)

Eight and nine pips= I'm not sure on these two.

Ten pips= Crypt walker, ( Ghoul) 1000 health.

11- 13= Not so sure.

14 pips= Wraith minion, 1400 health.

I hope that I proved helpful, and tell me the ones I missed!

Michael 8)

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
155
Re: minions
Michael632 wrote:
@hmmk. The minions you listed were minions that death can cast, but there are a few more. Death can cast 14 different minions actually, and the only way they can cast one for that many pips is if you have all power pips, which would be pretty hard to get, unless you're in dragonspyre or you have lots of those daggers and rings that up your power pip percentage. I'll list the minions that I know of, in order of how many pips you spend on them. And remember, just get the amount of pips it cost, and multiply it by a hundred. That's how much health the minion will have.

One pip= Etheral servant, 100 health.

Two pips= Charmed fairy, 200 health

Three pips= I'm not so sure on this one.

Four pips= I think it's some type of ghoul, 400 health.

Five pips= Captive banshee, 500 health.

Six pips= Not so sure on this one either.

Seven pips= Some type of scarecrow, 700 health. ( Note, the higher level ones have the ability to cast kraken, evil snowman, vampires, and other good spells.)

Eight and nine pips= I'm not sure on these two.

Ten pips= Crypt walker, ( Ghoul) 1000 health.

11- 13= Not so sure.

14 pips= Wraith minion, 1400 health.

I hope that I proved helpful, and tell me the ones I missed!

Michael 8)


Actually,

I'm a Death Wizard and I have the minion spell and 1 pip doesn't get ghost with 100 health. He has 50 health. Also, 3 pips gets a Crypt Watchguard and 5 gets a ghost. 6 pips get Captive Banshee.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
2
Re: minions
I am a level 47 storm wizard with a level 1 minion at 700 health how do I get him to level himself up or dont they level because I also have a level 1 fairy for my life guy and at 300 health it sucks for it to be one shoted by someone
any assistance would be appriciated thanks

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
105
Re: minions
I've seen four myth minions: living puppet, troll, and two diferent cyclopses, one with a helmet, and one without. I'm not sure if you get one or the other or both though because I'm a diviner.

Survivor
May 21, 2009
3
Re: minions
garyboy11 wrote:
I've seen four myth minions: living puppet, troll, and two diferent cyclopses, one with a helmet, and one without. I'm not sure if you get one or the other or both though because I'm a diviner.


hey im a death wizard and i was wondering where to find these "death minions" everyone is talking about. i have never seen or heard about these minions, and would like to know where to get them? does anyone know?

Administrator
Re: minions
Each school has at least one minion, here are the levels that the minions are available through a quest.

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
26
Re: minions
Slickriptide wrote:
I'm curious how effective it is to build a deck around your minion(s). I've been experimenting with it since I discovered the spell guy above the "hidden" store in Krokotopia with the minion support spells.

Unfortunately, it seems like the minion is just a little bit too unpredictable to make it seem like a wise strategy to depend entirely on your minion for your damage output.



Where is this hidden store?

Survivor
May 25, 2009
2
Re: minions
i'm a death wizard and i'm just wondering ifwe could get more then one minion. because i saw a death wizard with more then one minion.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
30
Re: minions
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Each school gets minions however they don't all get them at the same level. Myth gets theirs quite early on, and the strength of their minion depends on how many pips they spend on it.

Minions are acquired by completing a quest for your professor, so pay attention to the tool tips that ask you to come see us!



As a life wizard how do I get another minion? Zeke doesn't sell them at any location that I've found. Thanks.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
16
Re: minions
pckls wrote:
death- level 28- one minion

life- level 18- one minion

myth- not sure- three minions

ice- level 18- one minion

storm- level 18- one minion

fire- level 18- one minion

balance- level 18 and 40- four minions (mander minion at 18, spectral minion at 40- getting either ice, storm, or fire minion)


I think you have this wrong, no offense. I got my fire minion at level 28.

Neela Glade, 48 pyromancer.

1