Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire's Jacket Pip Decrease Change!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2009
I pulled out my grands just after the December update and to my shock, my Malistaire jackets were now changed! The pip increase percentages were dropped. What gives?

Example

Malistaire's Purgatory Coat (level 50)

360 life
6% pip
13% hit
17% shield

but

Coat of the Elixir (level 45)
288 life
10% pip
9% hit
14% shield

What happened to my power pip increase for my level 50 jackets. All the schools were changed. Why would a level 45 jacket provide better power pips. This was not in the notes for the December updates unless this was the "little" fixes that nobody would notice. Well this user definately NOTICED!

All malistaire school jackets have had a major drop in pip percentage increases.

Administrator
Hmm I don't remember reading anything about this in the changes, young Wizard. Let me look into it and get back to you okay?

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Hmmm...I just checked my Grands and none have had a drop in power pip percentage(and believe me I have had them memorized...lol...I would see the difference for certain,) I looked at their robes and any that did have a power pip boost, which actually is not ALL the level 50 robes(storm, fire, Myth, and Ice, for example, never had any to begin with as their major increases are given on the athame and ring for level 50,) had not changed since the update they just did. Unless you have been missing for quite some time and maybe many months before I started here they were different...I see no difference on these robes from just the other day even. I do have Storm, Ice, Fire, Life, and Death Grands and I also have the robes for the other wizards that have not yet made it to GM.

Is it possible that the level 45 robe stats that you show here were changed and NOT the Malistaire dropped robes?

Also if you notice the stats you show for that level 45 robe are not so great, save for the power pip boost. Often less health, as well as other stats, is what you get for getting more power pips in an item....in fact it is usually the way it is; you end up choosing between health or power pips increase.