Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire is not evil.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
79
9635lexi on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
I agree. Saying Malistaire is not evil is like saying Satan isn't evil O_O
Alexis SilverHeart lvl 61 storm
lol, satan isn't evil (unless you practice certain religions). but that's a whole other debate not suited to these boards.



and no, mally isn't evil... he's sad and bitter and confused, and a great many other things, but evil is not one of them.

(my fan-fic version of mally was evil, and let's just say that most of what he did in said fan-fic was definitely not g-rated enough to ever appear on these forums or anywhere else
. however, a watered-down edit may appear on central at some point.)

-v.
l.c.a.a. (literary crusader of amazing amazingness)

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
171
Poor Malistaire. Blinded by grief he nearly destroyed the spiral. I feel bad for him. * Hugs gives more hugs marries him then says I am Sylvia.
Lol.
Emma Emaraldsword lvl 48
Keena Wildheart lvl 8
Spirit and logic work together

Survivor
Dec 29, 2012
5
I feel so bad for MalistaireI wish there was something I could do to make him feel better even if he is just a character in a game. and forever
m and s love is the most powerful force ever

Survivor
Feb 15, 2013
3
i get that he's sad, but come on malistare, do not place all these minions (for example foulgaze in olde town) and do you have to try tearing the spiral apart cuz of that? i feel like he was so sad he became evil and try to eliminate all life? Now i get why his brother cyrus, the myth teacher is so bored and bitter all the time.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
147
spoiler alert! don't read this if you want the end of Azteca to be a surprise!

well un-dead Mallistare did attack you to defend morgathe. and he wasn't trying to bring back Sylvia.
Justin firethief level 75
ps: I haven't unlocked Azteca I watched a video on youtube. i'm still in Avalon. then comes Azteca!

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
77
This forum was made for me!!! I have a somewhat detailed theory on the background of Sylvia, Malistaire, And Morganthe. It sounds wild in some parts but just here me out. Before Malistaire met Sylvia, he and Morganthe were happily together. Then Malistaire met Sylvia and knew he had found real love. When he left Morganthe she wasn't angry with him. There was no anger, only loneliness and sadness. She was crushed as she watch him go crazy and become obsessed with reviving Sylvia. She was crushed when he died. This is her reasoning for attempting to take over the spiral and revive him. Morganthe still loves him and wants to finish what he started. She chose to revive him so he could have a second chance and rule their own evil spiral together.

No one here is evil. Their emotions cloud their judgement and their actions make them seem evil. Morganthe was once a great apprentice. Malistaire was once a great teacher, as was Sylvia. There is no evil here. This was all just about avenging a dead loved one.

I hope you like my thoughts

Scarlet Dragonpetal
Lvl 90 Pyro

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
79
Scarlet Fever on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
This forum was made for me!!! I have a somewhat detailed theory on the background of Sylvia, Malistaire, And Morganthe. It sounds wild in some parts but just here me out. Before Malistaire met Sylvia, he and Morganthe were happily together. Then Malistaire met Sylvia and knew he had found real love. When he left Morganthe she wasn't angry with him. There was no anger, only loneliness and sadness. She was crushed as she watch him go crazy and become obsessed with reviving Sylvia. She was crushed when he died. This is her reasoning for attempting to take over the spiral and revive him. Morganthe still loves him and wants to finish what he started. She chose to revive him so he could have a second chance and rule their own evil spiral together.

No one here is evil. Their emotions cloud their judgement and their actions make them seem evil. Morganthe was once a great apprentice. Malistaire was once a great teacher, as was Sylvia. There is no evil here. This was all just about avenging a dead loved one.

I hope you like my thoughts

Scarlet Dragonpetal
Lvl 90 Pyro
while i find morganthistaire creepy, it works surprisingly well in fan-fiction (and is, quite possibly, the best motive ki could ever come up with for morganthe, since she appears to have none).

as mentioned on another board, i suspect that morganthe may have been the hermione granger of necromancy~ mally's top student, a total teacher's pet... until she turned on him and did something that resulted in sylvia's death (whether she acted alone or had help is unknown). that would fit morganthe's supposed character, as she appears to be evil (versus poor mally, who we all know is just misunderstood).

but wait, there's more!

as i mentioned above, my fan-fic version of mally was evil; in said fan-fic, he's also undead, as atonement/punishment for harming sylvia... perhaps morganthe was close to her, and is trying to make mally pay for what he did to her (putting her in a wraith's body, versus letting her rest in peace).

mind you, i wrote this thing back in 2011 before zafaria was released, so it's all just speculation... but if mally was evil, this would be a great way to incorporate that evil side into the storyline.

curious to see if ki's plan for that arc matches mine, lol.

-v.
"there's so much life in dying"

Survivor
Aug 13, 2012
35
Eric Crowspear on Aug 14, 2012 wrote:
Spoiler alert much? I didn't find out about his wife until DS.

~Eric CrowSpear - 80
~Eric LifeGiver - 77
IT's not much of a spoiler alert you learn it in WC so you must not have been reading the whole text of the npc

Rebecca Darkdust LVL 44

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
114
Time Warped on Aug 14, 2012 wrote:
Malistaire is actually a sad person because his wife Sylvia died of sickness and could not be healed. Malistaire's heart was broken and now he is on a quest to take whatever he can to get his wife back. He took all of the things he did because he tried to force the spiral to give him his wife back.
Malistaire is not evil or anything. Malistaire is sad because of his wife and angry because we keep attacking him and he made those blockes and stuff so it would take longer for us to catch him. He is NOT evil.
I feel bad for Malistaire :( :( :(

Although Time Cannot Be Held Back Forever, Enjoy It While It Lasts.

Rylee SpiritBlood
Magus Necromancer
Level 32

If you don't like it and don't want to know the story then hushy hushy and don't read this!
I know right! the only reason I took him out was to save the spiral and to let him be with his wife at last <3

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
114
nullI know right! the only reason I took him out was to save the spiral and to let him be with his wife at last <3

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
2
some people say he is but I agree that malistaire is not evil he is just sad and mad +

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
77
Laura Shadowsong on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
while i find morganthistaire creepy, it works surprisingly well in fan-fiction (and is, quite possibly, the best motive ki could ever come up with for morganthe, since she appears to have none).

as mentioned on another board, i suspect that morganthe may have been the hermione granger of necromancy~ mally's top student, a total teacher's pet... until she turned on him and did something that resulted in sylvia's death (whether she acted alone or had help is unknown). that would fit morganthe's supposed character, as she appears to be evil (versus poor mally, who we all know is just misunderstood).

but wait, there's more!

as i mentioned above, my fan-fic version of mally was evil; in said fan-fic, he's also undead, as atonement/punishment for harming sylvia... perhaps morganthe was close to her, and is trying to make mally pay for what he did to her (putting her in a wraith's body, versus letting her rest in peace).

mind you, i wrote this thing back in 2011 before zafaria was released, so it's all just speculation... but if mally was evil, this would be a great way to incorporate that evil side into the storyline.

curious to see if ki's plan for that arc matches mine, lol.

-v.
"there's so much life in dying"
You keep bringing up your fan fic and the more you mention the more it intrigues me. As you said it will never appear on these message boards but it sounds interesting. I would like to read an "edited" version of it. Surely there must be some where out the whole world wide web that someone could read it? I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person that wants to read it.

Scarlet Dragonpetal

Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
60
Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
77
SydneyMistHeart on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
I know right?! I:
I'm glad i'm not the only one interested in the fan fic

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
53
Yeah, his wife died and that's tragic. But think about what he did to get her back! He tried to kill YOU, for crying out loud!

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
204
I guess i'm the opposite. I mean, yes I do feel bad that his wife died, but that doesn't mean he should take over poor, defenseless worlds and kill innocent wizards just to raise some dragon that may just kill him and his army. Most people just mourn when they lose someone they love, not become evil and create some elabrate scheme to take over. I mean, I guess I see your point, I just don't agree with it.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
11
Malistaire isn't evil..
Your right he's just sad, I kinda feel bad for killing him -Roslyn

If you lose you lose. If you win.. Good Job

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
77
once i saw the cut scene after you defeat malistaire i thought it was so sad! i felt so bad for him. He just wanted his wife back, and he thought he needed the dragon titan to get her back. There's a difference between evil and blinded by emotion. I know there are mostly younger players on w101 but try putting yourself in his shoes. Then try to understand where the sympathy for him is coming from.

Scarlet Dragonpetal

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
47
Time Warped on Aug 14, 2012 wrote:
Malistaire is actually a sad person because his wife Sylvia died of sickness and could not be healed. Malistaire's heart was broken and now he is on a quest to take whatever he can to get his wife back. He took all of the things he did because he tried to force the spiral to give him his wife back.
Malistaire is not evil or anything. Malistaire is sad because of his wife and angry because we keep attacking him and he made those blockes and stuff so it would take longer for us to catch him. He is NOT evil.
I feel bad for Malistaire :( :( :(

Although Time Cannot Be Held Back Forever, Enjoy It While It Lasts.

Rylee SpiritBlood
Magus Necromancer
Level 32

If you don't like it and don't want to know the story then hushy hushy and don't read this!
Malistaire loathes/ hates/ despises You/ PC/ Player.

He makes it quite clear that he does on the last dungeon of Azteca.

Morganthe- Greetings Young Wizard, Have you come to congratulate me? What, you think you stopped my ritual?
You little fool. The spell was complete before you set foot on Xibalba. Azteca's time is done. The comet WILL strike.
I mastered the magic of Celestia to my own ends. The mirror broke, the Horn called, and now the sky falls. There is no way to stop it, or destroy it, or change its course. I made sure of that by having my forces delay you down below.
It's time for me to return home to the shadow web to construct my celestial choir. It will be Beautiful and Magnificent.
I almost want to spare you, to let you live..... and see what is coming. However, there is someone who wishes to meet you.
Undying Malistaire- Young wizard, I have forgotten how much i despise you.Now that i lay eyes on you again. My fury is a black hole of rage, swallowing the light of a thousand dying suns.
Morganthe- Goodbye, young wizard. Don't worry. I'll lie to Merle Ambrose and tell him you died well.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
Scarlet Fever on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
You keep bringing up your fan fic and the more you mention the more it intrigues me. As you said it will never appear on these message boards but it sounds interesting. I would like to read an "edited" version of it. Surely there must be some where out the whole world wide web that someone could read it? I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person that wants to read it.

Scarlet Dragonpetal
i'm working on it; if you ever see some horribly-titled fan-fic on central that's written by an el veeb at some point, that would be me!

for those who are curious, the novel is called spellbound, and i have a few chapters in my documents folder on fanfiction.net~ they're being heavily edited, as the site doesn't allow fiction MA (understandably, since it involves violent and/or suggestive themes). but, if i can clean it up enough for central, i will definitely post there. a full version will be available on my blog at some point

thanks for your kind words and interest!



ki did a great job with mally~ he is a wonderful character, a fan-fic writer's dream come true, and i would love him to bits, even if he was evil.

(ps: if any of you guys have written fan-fics, let me know... i'd love to read them!)

-v.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
6
It doesn't matter. What he tried to do and what he did do because of the sadness is unacceptable.

He tried to take over worlds, destroy civilizations, start wars, kid nap, etc. Think about all the stuff he did. So, he is evil.

Survivor
May 20, 2012
9
Spoiler Alert! couldn't you put the concluding sentence in the front? with a note marked by it? + ya it's true, but why the heck would he go destroying world and causing havoc?

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
252
Scarlet Fever on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
I'm glad i'm not the only one interested in the fan fic
I know! I read most of the fan fic accepted on the website.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
Destiny Windgem on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
I know! I read most of the fan fic accepted on the website.
me too! and i probably will continue to read them after i'm done here.

scarlet silverweaver on central writes really good fan-fiction; she makes the characters believable, and has even turned morganthe into a character i can tolerate, lol.

-

seth moonhaven said:

"It doesn't matter. What he tried to do and what he did do because of the sadness is unacceptable. He tried to take over worlds, destroy civilizations, start wars, kid nap, etc. Think about all the stuff he did. So, he is evil."

back in ancient times (and even in some countries today), people did all kinds of horrible things to avenge the death of a loved one, so mally's reaction isn't too far off, historically.

again, i'm thinking there's more to the story than anyone has let on... if, say, sylvia's "cold" was man-made (perhaps by morganthe or some third party), that would explain why malistaire is so angry about not being able to stop it. if he did it himself, then maybe he underestimated his own abilities and is mad at himself for harming her.

-

for those who are curious, my fan-fic is posted; gratuitous violence and suggestions have been toned down or omitted, but it's still rated fiction m (not suitable for children under 16
); once it's edited out of all recognition, i'll post to central.



-v.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
5