Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Damage Ice?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
Im ice school and i noticed that there is less of a damage gain from snowman to ( the next one starts with W i cant spell it XD ) and compired to all other schools it does less over all damage. But the change between the other spells is somewhat bigger than from the snowman to next spell. Anyone else think that cards damage needs a boost?

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Evil Snowman does the same damage as Nature's Wrath and 5 damage shy of Banshee and Locust Swarm. As such, it's right in line with the damage from the three pip damage spells of other low damage schools. I don't see what you're getting at here.

If there's any ice card that needs a boost, it's Colossus, which uses twice as many pips as Evil Snowman for substantially less than double the damage. For comparison, Helephant on average does a little more than double the damage of Sunbird and Centaur does a little more than double the damage of Nature's Wrath.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
As you learn to use your charms and traps you will find a very low level spell can become VERY powerful.

Each school has advantages and disadvantages. The point is not to make them "the same" but to make each different.

Back during testing I had fun creating wizards from all different schools and playing them. Still no favorite. They all play differently. So maybe you could try different ones.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
bettermixmaster wrote:
Im ice school and i noticed that there is less of a damage gain from snowman to ( the next one starts with W i cant spell it XD ) and compired to all other schools it does less over all damage. But the change between the other spells is somewhat bigger than from the snowman to next spell. Anyone else think that cards damage needs a boost?

The spell you are thinking of is Ice Wyvern. The reason we ice wizards do not have as much damage is because our health is much more high than other schools our level. Sure, it would be nice if it hit more, but I like the health better. If you are looking for a lot of damage, become a storm wizard. They have the lowest health. Besides, I have heard (since I'm one level away from it) that at level 38 you get Ice Blade and it gets a lot better. Balefrost is helpful too. Does that explain it?