Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life School Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
As a Healer I am wondering if anyone else in Life school deals with this problem:
A female wizard says Can you help me? of course I say yes, being fairly new to DS I realize this is NOT a place to play alone. The transition is almost a shock, not only are the creatures much bigger in size, and hit much harder, the quest require you to *gather* alot more per request. Anyway, as we get in to fighting we are getting our behinds kicked (normal, you dont expect to walk away with all your health lol) and she dies. She begins screaming HEAL ME! I NEED HEALING! I say okay, as soon as my heal cards come up, and continue my assualt on the creatures, careful of what I use so I have pips to heal her. Then she begans screaming I HATE YOU! I am in shock, I have found people who get angry before, for some reason others believe because we are healers we can pull a heal card out of our.... pockets lol, but never have they screamed they hated me. I asked, You hate me? Why? She says if you heal me I wont hate you!!! At that time two cards came up, one that would heal her, and one that would take out the last creature in this quest.
Just as I am about to click on the heal card, she screams again I TOLD YOU TO HEAL ME ARE STEW PICK! (stupid) and my finger slipped and clicked the attack card killing the last creature, sending her defeated back to DS commons and her quest unfinished (oops)
So to the wizard masses let me say two things, as a healer I do NOT have the ability to summons a heal card whenever I want, and second I do not OWE you a healing because I am life school. Buy healing spells and stop thinking someone owes you anything!

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
i have the same problem . some times i get mad and i dont heal people cause they are not nice to me

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
I run into this sort of thing every now and then. But the way I figure it, Wizard101 is a game marketed to little kids. So there's a good likelihood that the person on the other end of that avatar has not yet fully developed his/her social skills.

I just shrug my shoulders and move on.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
CharmedII wrote:
As a Healer I am wondering if anyone else in Life school deals with this problem:
A female wizard says Can you help me? of course I say yes, being fairly new to DS I realize this is NOT a place to play alone. The transition is almost a shock, not only are the creatures much bigger in size, and hit much harder, the quest require you to *gather* alot more per request. Anyway, as we get in to fighting we are getting our behinds kicked (normal, you dont expect to walk away with all your health lol) and she dies. She begins screaming HEAL ME! I NEED HEALING! I say okay, as soon as my heal cards come up, and continue my assualt on the creatures, careful of what I use so I have pips to heal her. Then she begans screaming I HATE YOU! I am in shock, I have found people who get angry before, for some reason others believe because we are healers we can pull a heal card out of our.... pockets lol, but never have they screamed they hated me. I asked, You hate me? Why? She says if you heal me I wont hate you!!! At that time two cards came up, one that would heal her, and one that would take out the last creature in this quest.
Just as I am about to click on the heal card, she screams again I TOLD YOU TO HEAL ME ARE STEW PICK! (stupid) and my finger slipped and clicked the attack card killing the last creature, sending her defeated back to DS commons and her quest unfinished (oops)
So to the wizard masses let me say two things, as a healer I do NOT have the ability to summons a heal card whenever I want, and second I do not OWE you a healing because I am life school. Buy healing spells and stop thinking someone owes you anything!

Sometimes happens to me but they never get that angry. I just wish they would know that just because you can heal doesnt mean that you always have a healing card with you or have the pips.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
being a life stutent has it's disadvantages and advantages one advantage we can heal not only ourselves but others and our attack spells aren't that bad but one major disadvantage is i feel like one i'm in a battle i don't get to fight all i do is heal people and people expect to get healed by you to i mean sometimes i don't mind it i mean i am a life wizard but sometimes when i'm not even fighting and just healing it gets on my nerves i mean i just wish all schools had at least one healing card so they can heal themselves

Defender
May 15, 2009
heh...yup...I see that all the time too.

Its not just healers, my Storm and my Death wizards get yelled at to "HEAL ME!". :?

The nice, cordial people get to see that my Storm student has Life up to
Satyr. The others get reminded that its not been established that I take ORDERS from them.

The next time that happens, Charmed, heal yourself (whether you need it or not) before delivering the final shot.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I would just like to say, that, although my primary character is a Storm Wizard (and not a Healer).. I can most certainly understand how you must have felt following such an encounter.

For the most part, the majority of the folks I have met in the game are very nice.

But there have been some meetings, which have left me with similar feelings as well.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2008
It's fun being life, lol.
Your friend was not very friendly, that happens to me once in a while.
I try and let them know, I don't have a heal card just yet or I need more pips and I will heal them.

If they get mean with me I tell them there is no need for that and calm down.

There are wizards that ask for help only for your ability to heal, I don't like that as much but sometimes with a large group it's all I can do and that's fine but for one wizard only... I will do my thing and heal as I can.

Ever have one that's down one eighth of their health and scream to be healed? while your down a half, lol. I will tell them you don't need healing I do.

I'm one of those wizards that if the other says "I get boss", I kill everthing else and never touch the boss, heal all and sit back and wait for a request to help. Sometimes they create a situation that will explain more then my words can, like wow a life can do damage.

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
i too had many times when someone wanted to me to heal them and the bad part is i am fire and only have one satyr in my deck

i have another character that is life and he doesnt get screamed at to heal others cause he is lvl 15 or 16( not sure bout his lvl) he doesnt look like one and his name doesnt sould like one a life wizard would havewhich is probably why nobody asks him to heal :-)

Scarlet Redthorn lvl50 fire
Chris Deathbringer lvl 15 or 16 life

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I am a life wizard who just landed in DS too. And I have dealt with this a lot. In a battle the other day, for instance, two guys kept yelling "I need healing." when they knew I was a life wizard and they knew I was trying. I died, and took the time to run back to the battle to continue to help them and when I healed the one who had already died, he did NOTHING for the rest of the battle.
I'm sorry, but I hate taking the time out to help people when they are not going to do their part.
I am a life wizard. I don't owe anyone life.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
I have the same problem. I'm a level 35 Life wizard and people are always whispering HELP!. But when it comes time for me to ask for help, I never get a response.

Explorer
May 31, 2008
I am a death wizard, I Usually solo my bosses, but as i reached DS, I lost the Independence that MS gave me, my attacks were weak, The Creatures were strong and overall i needed backup lol.

But i have my own heal Cards - Satyr,sacrifice,All my Health Steals, So I manage myself, the only time i have died is in PvP, and my Teammates heal me as fast as they can without putting the team in danger of losing.