Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Least Favorite World?

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
29
Hi!

So, I was wondering what everyone's LEAST favorite world was. Mine would have to be Marleybone. My newer wizard just got there like a week ago and it's actually painful to be in mb. I really don't understand why I hate it, just bores me.

Miranda Starblood lvl 74 Currently in Avalon!

Sierra Skygem lvl 29 Currently in Marleybone!

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
loviinngliz on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

So, I was wondering what everyone's LEAST favorite world was. Mine would have to be Marleybone. My newer wizard just got there like a week ago and it's actually painful to be in mb. I really don't understand why I hate it, just bores me.

Miranda Starblood lvl 74 Currently in Avalon!

Sierra Skygem lvl 29 Currently in Marleybone!
Same. Aesthetics are VERY important to me in a game and Marleybone just didn't make the cut. It is dark and dreary, and very depressing. I'm a very upbeat person and such a downcast world ruins the experience for me.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2012
10
I personally liked Marleybone a lot besides the lack of sidewalks. My least favorite world would have to be Mooshu only because there was just so much walking. A lot of the areas had really long walks and it wasn't always easy to traverse.

Rowan Lifebreeze level 17
Bailey Frostblood level 82

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
least favourite worlds~

azteca
marleybone
mooshu

-von
promethean something or other

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
Dr Von on Nov 19, 2013 wrote:
least favourite worlds~

azteca
marleybone
mooshu

-von
promethean something or other
Did you dislike Mooshu because of the long walks too? Or was it some other reason? Personally, I really liked Mooshu and I would like to hear why you didn't. Thanks!!!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4118
Mooshu, too spread out with far too much walking. The stereotyped oriental accents got a bit old too.
Zafaria would be next mainly for the over abundance of "collect/kil" quests. Every time you kill or collect from 10 lions, there's another 10 to collect/kill. I swear I spent like 3 days doing nothing but fighting fire lions.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
loviinngliz on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

So, I was wondering what everyone's LEAST favorite world was. Mine would have to be Marleybone. My newer wizard just got there like a week ago and it's actually painful to be in mb. I really don't understand why I hate it, just bores me.

Miranda Starblood lvl 74 Currently in Avalon!

Sierra Skygem lvl 29 Currently in Marleybone!
Least favorite: Celestia followed by Zafaria. Both due to difficulty jump, and the incessant 'do not collect' quests.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
54
loviinngliz on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

So, I was wondering what everyone's LEAST favorite world was. Mine would have to be Marleybone. My newer wizard just got there like a week ago and it's actually painful to be in mb. I really don't understand why I hate it, just bores me.

Miranda Starblood lvl 74 Currently in Avalon!

Sierra Skygem lvl 29 Currently in Marleybone!
I. Hate. Krokotopia. Period. I'm currently in DragonSpyre and it's more challenging. Do Not Ask!

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
KKoop3 on Nov 19, 2013 wrote:
Did you dislike Mooshu because of the long walks too? Or was it some other reason? Personally, I really liked Mooshu and I would like to hear why you didn't. Thanks!!!
hey there~

as far as mooshu, it's the running back and forth that drives me batty. it just gets so tedious and frustrating, having to go back and forth between the same places at opposite ends of the map again and again.

(that, and i like dark stuff)

-von

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
37
wysteria has to be the most useless world.

doing its quest effect to nothing or lead to nothing and when you become
lvl 60 and pass the tower of the helephant it just becomes useless and never makes
any cameos or is associated with any quest of any kind.
then you hardly make any visits amd it becomes like a toy on shelf never to be played
with again.

i know it could be so much more (hope i don't sound to cabby or mean about it)

talon shadowwraith lvl 60 death wizard

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
Dr Von on Nov 21, 2013 wrote:
hey there~

as far as mooshu, it's the running back and forth that drives me batty. it just gets so tedious and frustrating, having to go back and forth between the same places at opposite ends of the map again and again.

(that, and i like dark stuff)

-von
Agreed, but, as I said in my post, aesthetics is what mattered to me, so while running back and forth was VERY annoying and I wholeheartedly agree with you, I still thought it was a beautiful world and appreciated it's simplicity and graphic elements.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2013
10
I don't know why, but Celestia is probably one of the worst worlds that I've played in. It's not that the storyline is bad or anything. I've played all the way to the middle of Azteca.

It's mostly those pick-an-itch details - the music in the base camp sometimes gives me a headache, and a lot of the bosses and elites in the game are quite difficult compared to even the worlds that ascend Celestia.

But what gets me most is probably the fact that Celestia is an ancient world which was dug up by the Marlyboians. The modern-world-messing-with-ancient-stuff vibe. It's a little off-putting to see the beauty of the sunken city covered with modern glass domes, or the modern-y dogs among the native-looking ruins.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
least favorite: Azteca

after that, probably Marleybone.

(I liked Mooshu though.)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Azteca - because it gave me an entirely different out look on the game and made me realize how much I really don't belong trying to figure out how to be a gamer. I no longer have the desire for the game I once had. I am happiest in the first arc, it seems so much more manageable. I don't like farming and really don't have the time for "a chance to get", it's my ultimate defeat in the game. I like to craft and garden for fun so I do up to the Seal of the Seven Seas on all my wizards and plant plants that I like to see grow. If my pet only has Spritely and uses it I am happy. I have gone from looking forward to that next quest to dreading every quest.

I really relate to my wizards that I drag though the Spiral so when I can not gear them up for the battles they will face I feel they do not deserve the treatment of Defeat. What is challenge for some is stress for others. No one understands the mind of the simplistic player.

Mary StarGem
Who used to be the Savior of the Spiral

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
23
Grizzleheim is definitely one of the worst worlds in my opinion. Outrageously low amounts of xp and incredibly hard at the current lvl. then i would have to say dragon spyre is a close second. It also gives low xp for the amount of work output i am doing. Although it is also one of my favorite worlds stories. The story developed very well in this world and i absolutely love traveling back in time. Mooshu is probably my second favorite. Gives good xp for hard work and its a lovely world. As for those saying that it is expanise and long walks are involved, use the teleporters. they are time savers. Avalon, Azteca, and now khrysalis are all three my favorite worlds tied at first. The uniqueness in khrysalis is breathtaking. Avalon was a wonderful blast from the the past. Playing as gamma was great as well :). As for azteca, just well done altogether. Cut down on walking handsomely and the story behind it was great. Loved the tie with the 3 school trainers there with the story. And i love how it is like the first world, Danu Talis. This is the first world for the gods rule, and is destroyed by unknown reasons and the rein of humans begins. All in all, The last three worlds were wonderful and well done. I am also not a fan of marley bone as a last not.

Sorry for the rant and ty for reading it.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
488
Dragonspyre.
I've played halfway or more through Azteca and DS has been my pet peeve. I admit, I like the storyline in the world, but there had been nothing worse then the enemies. I had a very tough time in DS because that was the beginning of when my power skyrocketed down. My 2nd least favorite world would be... Celestia because that is when my power was the lowest. I spend to much crowns on henchman.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
KKoop3 on Nov 21, 2013 wrote:
Agreed, but, as I said in my post, aesthetics is what mattered to me, so while running back and forth was VERY annoying and I wholeheartedly agree with you, I still thought it was a beautiful world and appreciated it's simplicity and graphic elements.
i feel similarly about dragonspyre~ a lot of people don't like it because it's dark and/or depressing and not really kid-friendly. but i love all of those things: the architecture and colours are stunning, and i really like dragons (and malistaire). beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i suppose.



-von

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
393
mine would be probably celestia it took forever

Historian
May 06, 2009
630
I think my least favorite world is MooShu. It's a nice place and all, but the slow music and very bright colors to me, just make it look like a boring Sunday. Pirate101 MooShu is a bit more redeeming, but I'm just not attracted to the world. All other worlds are pretty much on my 'Like' list.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
Dr Von on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
i feel similarly about dragonspyre~ a lot of people don't like it because it's dark and/or depressing and not really kid-friendly. but i love all of those things: the architecture and colours are stunning, and i really like dragons (and malistaire). beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i suppose.



-von
This conversation seems familiar... Ah yes! FinnAgainWindRider's thread. Remember that? We both agreed that we loved Dragonspyre for it's rich history and interesting storyline. I am doing Dragonspyre right now with my Life wizard and, as always, am loving it.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2012
19
just going to say it (dont understand why some people say its their favorite world) Azteca. it looks AWESOME, its well thought out and indepth... the problem is the same problem that slowly started in celestia... its taking long and long to do a battle. and its the same thing over and over.

for a mob fight, you build up to do a big hit all spell to take them both out, but you have to survive their hits. and they hit hard early because they have so many pips to start while we still get the measly 4. while the whole battle takes 15-20 minutes.

for a boss fight build for a single hit to the minion while still surviving their huge early hits. then build 3-4 times to hit the boss for the win while still surviving. while the whole battle takes 20-30+ minutes.

it doesnt matter what you fight anymore, its just the same thing over and over and over and over, the same way. things go too outrageous while we grew so very slowly. and if it wasnt for sharpened blade, we wouldnt even be able to do azteca.

and gear has just not kept up for the last few worlds.

i finally reached level 90 a couple of months before the new world came out extending things to level 95. i never finished azteca and not sure i will.

what would be awesome is new side worlds to do like both grizzleheim (wintertusk is my favorite overall world) and wysteria.

this game was designed for kids and their families but there are two reasons there are so very few kids at the higher levels, its too expensive in real money and it just gets too hard with tedious repetition.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
17
Hmm, hard one. I'll organize my thoughts like this.

First, my favorite worlds were Azteca, Avalon, Zafzria, and Dragonspyre (I do put Dragonspyre below but you'll see why).

Now some of my least favorite:
Least important: Marleybone. There was no point in this world for the storyline.
Slowest moving: Celestia. It was slow moving and i didn't think it introduced Morganth correctly.
Worst story: Dragonspyre. I loved it's history and theme but i found the story almost impossible to find.

Victoria Legend FlameLv.84

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
84
Azteca. I quit the game for 6 months and just got back about a week ago. The world was hard for me because I'm Life and I had to solo almost everything. By the time I get to Kryasis everyone will be done or almost finished with the world. Right now I'm in Terra De Brea or how ever you say it.

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
121
Molly the Balance ... on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
Dragonspyre.
I've played halfway or more through Azteca and DS has been my pet peeve. I admit, I like the storyline in the world, but there had been nothing worse then the enemies. I had a very tough time in DS because that was the beginning of when my power skyrocketed down. My 2nd least favorite world would be... Celestia because that is when my power was the lowest. I spend to much crowns on henchman.
I kind of like these words but it's difficult without friends.

Antonio Sandshade, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Explorer
May 21, 2012
83
loviinngliz on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

So, I was wondering what everyone's LEAST favorite world was. Mine would have to be Marleybone. My newer wizard just got there like a week ago and it's actually painful to be in mb. I really don't understand why I hate it, just bores me.

Miranda Starblood lvl 74 Currently in Avalon!

Sierra Skygem lvl 29 Currently in Marleybone!
mine has to be dragonspyre the dngeons ater dungeon where you end up going in for abut 4 mob fights and a boss and it get really boring and annyoing really fast otherwise everything else about it i fine

1