Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is this really a family site?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Unfortunately, there is an element in the spiral who think they have a right to spew their garbage even though it violates the terms of use we all agree to when we download the game. Their attitude is horrible and some of their actions are worse than their words. I am so grateful to KI for adding the hall monitors who have an ability to see the actions that we're not able to report.

I know how you feel. My grandson is the one who got me hooked on this game and we used to enjoy playing together. This past summer I've had to institute rules that really discourage him from playing. We're both on menu chat when he's home. Me too. And his play is limited to certain hours during the day and then only to the quietest realms also and I have to accompany him everywhere he goes. We transport using my two-person rhino mount. It's very restrictive and, as a consequence, he's largely abandoned Wiz for Minecraft which has a solo option that he sticks to with chat off. I miss my grandson in game. I hope the Halloween fun lures him back.

I am optimistic that the hall monitor program will work in time. It has already had an effect. There's been discussion of expanding it to be more effective and of taking action to stop the spawning of new accounts when muted or banned. Hang in there even if you have to temporarily restrict your child more. :(

I'm very determined that the foul-mouthed wizards who have no concept of respecting their fellow wizards will not steal the spiral from us and KI seems to be determined to take the Spiral back from them too. With KI and Coleman taking very strong stances on this, we will have our Spiral back to the family friendly place it was meant to be.

Blaze Duskdreamer
Wizard City Protector