Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it being forgotten?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 28, 2009
191
I am starting to think that Myth is starting to become forgotten, because really you don't see anyone with Myth school anymore for me we dont have immune raitings like the rest of the schools as some people say. To me it seems like the Myth school is beggining to be forgotten. I may be wrong but to me it just seems like it. Also everyone hates Myth school just because of Cyrus Drake!? I just can't believe people hate the Myth school just because of Cyrus I mean Cyrus has had a rough life between his brother being evil and all wouldn't you be grumpy if your brother was evil? Now my point of this message is that is it being forgotten or not just tell me

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
Orbit100 wrote:
I am starting to think that Myth is starting to become forgotten, because really you don't see anyone with Myth school anymore for me we dont have immune raitings like the rest of the schools as some people say. To me it seems like the Myth school is beggining to be forgotten. I may be wrong but to me it just seems like it. Also everyone hates Myth school just because of Cyrus Drake!? I just can't believe people hate the Myth school just because of Cyrus I mean Cyrus has had a rough life between his brother being evil and all wouldn't you be grumpy if your brother was evil? Now my point of this message is that is it being forgotten or not just tell me


Are you kidding me? Cyrus is one of the few things I like about Myth, though I have mixed feelings on the whole Drake clan. Sure, they're evil, creepy and a bit insane (well, one's off his rocker and the other is on the way there), but I love them to pieces anyway. :)

All joking aside, I think it's because Myth isn't really a viable contender outside of the arena. Unless you PvP, all you'll see is weak damage and a ton of after-effects that aren't worth the pip cost.~ my Myth guy is level 21, and I haven't bonded with him yet~ in fact, he's probably my least-played character, because I don't PvP. Like my Balance wizard, it'll probably take some getting-used-to... and I didn't enjoy playing her until level 60. So it could still happen, right?

My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
Being forgotten? I'd say 90% of the lvl 5-15 Warlords out there ARE Myth.

~Eric CrowSpear-Storm

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Huh? The Myth school? What's that? Um, I've never heard of it. Oh! That! Yeah,the Myth school, I remember. (Just kidding )

Nah, I really don't think that Myth has been forgotten, at all. If you look into the PvP side of things, you'll find a whole bunch of Myth wizards there. And, about Cyrus Drake, how could I hate someone with the favorite food that's sushi!? I mean look! https://www.wizard101.com/game/myth-school Well, that's just my opinion (The PvP stuff was fact), well, cya!

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
117
Don't take it to heart. At higher levels, myth is a very powerful school. I haven't worked my myth mage, but have faced many myth enemies in battle. You have great spells available in your school. In fact, I think earthquake is one of the best spells in the game because of what it does. I know I sure don't like it being cast against me. Especially after I spent the time blading and shielding up for a big hit.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
158
Orbit100 wrote:
everyone hates Myth school just because of Cyrus Drake!? I just can't believe people hate the Myth school just because of Cyrus


Actually, everyone hates Myth because of Earthquake... sorry
But, it's a love/hate relationship

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
58
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
370
The issue with the Myth school is two-fold.

First part is that Myth... doesn't have a huge damage output. None of the AOEs do any noteworthy damage (and the only one that does is the nausea-inducing Frog), and it's not really until you hit level 60+ that you start getting somewhat useful spells and Myth changes from a "meh"-class to one that is worthwhile to play.

The second part is that it takes forever to set up a Myth wizard so that they can do a hard hit. You need multiple traps on a monster, multiple blades on yourself... If you play as a solo wizard, you probably have to employ the minions to have some extra firepower, but that ALSO eats up time and pips! So, Myth does best in a group, where they can rely on others to bring the power, while the Myth can shift into a pure support group.

So, in short, Myth doesn't get the short end of the stick because of the story reasons, but simply because Myth is a lot slower to play than many of the other wizards (pair a Myth with a Fire or Storm wizard, and the monsters will usually be down before the Myth is even done buffing themselves).

Myth can't tank like Ice. It can't easily hit extreme amounts of damage like Storm. It can't heal and fight like Life. It can't consistently take out shields and whittle away at health like Fire. It can't drain and feint like Death. And it can't buff and support like Balance. Myth is just... Myth. It has the gimmick of summons, and, later on, a buff-remover.

Now, if someone gave Myth the ability to COMMAND summons and henchmen (for instance through the menu chat), then I believe we'd see Myth going from being one of the bypassed wizards to being a very useful one, even at the early levels.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
I don't think it's forgotten, it's just a tougher school to master for a lot of reasons.

I love Cyrus and his attitude, snide remarks and the fact that as you progress, he shows respect for you.

Myth remains one of my favorite schools because of the challenge it presents. My first wizard was Myth, and she has long departed (because I had no clue what I was doing), but I am now working on Myth wizards on both of my accounts and love both of them. :)

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
105
I dont think myth is being forgotton as i see many myth people including some friends sho are just starting off so that they can get cool spells like madusa, i think one of the schools being forgotton os balance i have not seen any beginer balance in like months so i think the mistress of balance is fading away :( but i will always be a servent to balance so it will never be gone even if it is forgotton same with myth even if it is being forgotton it will never disappear as long as there is a myth wiz who loves what they are doing, i alos have a myth wiz and love it the minions i have makes it a lot easier to solo and i know we stop getting minions but the attacks we get will be good like basilisk and medussa who stuns go gorgons yah!!!! anyway they may be forgotton but will never die!!!

-John Dragoncatcher Lvl 80 Balance-

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
I don't think Myth is forgotten, either. Myth is ignored, because of what it becomes.

I have an inkling that people that don't play Myth have played Myth, then deleted it after discovering how much they get the "short end of the stick." That people don't play Myth because they know it is not a damage heavy school, and don't play Myth because they either discovered or were told how unconventional and 'impractical' they become after Dragonspyre.

It seems to me Myth focuses heavily on attacks that add an extra effect, like stuns. Because of that, many spells are weaker than any of the other schools, in relation to pips, whose special effects do not even work on most mobs that they would need to work on.

So you have a bunch of odd-ball high level attacks that do less than average damage. Then the rest are a bunch of odd-ball odd-numbered pip attacks that may be good, but in the end are just expensive to cast, and still weaker than any other attacks from any other school for the same number of pips that have been spent.

Then you have minions ... advertised as a minion user, that becomes a complete slap in the face with the incredibly impracticalness of it all. Unless you sort of time your summon, the strongest minion will easily be whiped out in one single turn by a AoE spell. While the strongest minion can easily dish out somewhat nice attacks, it becomes too impractical to protect the minion and keep him up and running while you protect your own self. Lets just say, that is too impractical compared to just blading - colossal humungofrog everything in sight. So what you have there? A long winded and difficult, and often frustrating minion experience. Making battles so much more longer and difficult.

However, props to Talos and other minions when it comes long boss fights that don't cheat. But, when it comes down to THAT aspect, you have a Death wizard that has potentially the strongest minion in the entire game, of all the schools. And Ice, having a minion that dishes out stronger attacks, and faster, than even Talos. And Talos Myth wizards can't get until 55!

And, now, the coupe de grace, if I spelled that correctly, the spells that a Myth wizard gets in Avalon are the most useless and impractical spells I have laid my eyes on. EVER.

So, what you have remaining is: A weaker than average school with expensive, low damage attacks, and nothing to make up for it. (In terms of odd-numbered pip spells and power pips, mob's stun resistance, and impractical minion usage. (All becoming apparent at Celestia+))

If I had known what a Myth wizard becomes, I would have simply picked the Death school (as the remaining school I have yet to play).

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
191
Thx guys some of you are saying dont be myth? well I disagree because for me i love myth :D

Defender
May 31, 2011
133
It has not been my experience that it is a forgotten school. I think a lot of that has to do with the circles you run around in. Myth takes patience, a lot of thinking and strategy. Myth is constantly evolving and requires re-thinking and re-planning. This is not the school for the impatient player or one who eschews a lot of thinking and planning.

My myth wizard is my first and favorite wizard. She is level 80 and has completed Avalon. I found as I got higher I used my minions less and less and still able to solo a good part of the game. I prefer to battle with my friends, but they are not always available. I am skilled in playing any position in a battle. I have found playing both support and attack in positions 2 and 3 work best for my style, however

Myth is what you choose to make it; I found that a lot of what others have claimed as limitations and drawbacks just was not true.

As far as Cyrus is concerned, he never ruffled my feathers; in fact I enjoy him as an instructor. He is not all that bad if you look beyond his crusty shell.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
236
Bookshelvings wrote:
The issue with the Myth school is two-fold.

First part is that Myth... doesn't have a huge damage output. None of the AOEs do any noteworthy damage (and the only one that does is the nausea-inducing Frog), and it's not really until you hit level 60+ that you start getting somewhat useful spells and Myth changes from a "meh"-class to one that is worthwhile to play.

The second part is that it takes forever to set up a Myth wizard so that they can do a hard hit. You need multiple traps on a monster, multiple blades on yourself... If you play as a solo wizard, you probably have to employ the minions to have some extra firepower, but that ALSO eats up time and pips! So, Myth does best in a group, where they can rely on others to bring the power, while the Myth can shift into a pure support group.

So, in short, Myth doesn't get the short end of the stick because of the story reasons, but simply because Myth is a lot slower to play than many of the other wizards (pair a Myth with a Fire or Storm wizard, and the monsters will usually be down before the Myth is even done buffing themselves).

Myth can't tank like Ice. It can't easily hit extreme amounts of damage like Storm. It can't heal and fight like Life. It can't consistently take out shields and whittle away at health like Fire. It can't drain and feint like Death. And it can't buff and support like Balance. Myth is just... Myth. It has the gimmick of summons, and, later on, a buff-remover.

Now, if someone gave Myth the ability to COMMAND summons and henchmen (for instance through the menu chat), then I believe we'd see Myth going from being one of the bypassed wizards to being a very useful one, even at the early levels.


Listen buddy, Balance can do WAYYYY more than blade you. Ugh I hate people who think all we do is blade you. No respect for the sorcery. -_-

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
191
PIEISGREATYA wrote:
Bookshelvings wrote:
The issue with the Myth school is two-fold.

First part is that Myth... doesn't have a huge damage output. None of the AOEs do any noteworthy damage (and the only one that does is the nausea-inducing Frog), and it's not really until you hit level 60+ that you start getting somewhat useful spells and Myth changes from a "meh"-class to one that is worthwhile to play.

The second part is that it takes forever to set up a Myth wizard so that they can do a hard hit. You need multiple traps on a monster, multiple blades on yourself... If you play as a solo wizard, you probably have to employ the minions to have some extra firepower, but that ALSO eats up time and pips! So, Myth does best in a group, where they can rely on others to bring the power, while the Myth can shift into a pure support group.

So, in short, Myth doesn't get the short end of the stick because of the story reasons, but simply because Myth is a lot slower to play than many of the other wizards (pair a Myth with a Fire or Storm wizard, and the monsters will usually be down before the Myth is even done buffing themselves).

Myth can't tank like Ice. It can't easily hit extreme amounts of damage like Storm. It can't heal and fight like Life. It can't consistently take out shields and whittle away at health like Fire. It can't drain and feint like Death. And it can't buff and support like Balance. Myth is just... Myth. It has the gimmick of summons, and, later on, a buff-remover.

Now, if someone gave Myth the ability to COMMAND summons and henchmen (for instance through the menu chat), then I believe we'd see Myth going from being one of the bypassed wizards to being a very useful one, even at the early levels.


Listen buddy, Balance can do WAYYYY more than blade you. Ugh I hate people who think all we do is blade you. No respect for the sorcery. -_-
I'm sure that would bother me to really bad. And plus Balance can do damage

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
99
PIEISGREATYA wrote:
Listen buddy, Balance can do WAYYYY more than blade you. Ugh I hate people who think all we do is blade you. No respect for the sorcery. -_-


Man, hardcore sorcerers takes this a bit too seriously. I really never understood why. so for the last 2 months i made a balance and got her to mid legendary so far. My conclusion: Balance is a better support character than it is anything else.

I don't think people think "all we do is blade", but rather that's what we do best. and they are right. the poor amount of blades, the "boost all" nature of said blades, and the relatively low boost those blades offer implies that it wasn't made for us but rather to help others. whether balance like it or not, the evidences show it is the booster school of the spiral.
-- our blades are low because they are designed to add a boost to other school without overpowering them.
-- that's also why they are so few.
-- It's not a coincidence they can be used with any spell.

Balance is as spectacular as any other school when playing solo yes, but in group vs boss setting, we're way more useful in the fight when we blade the teammates. what would be better:

1) you blading yourself twice (or more if you have item and pet blade) then waiting for pips to judge.
2) giving balanceblades to your teammates (and yourself at some point), bladestorm to everyone, while waiting for pips and then finally judge.

you will find that if you blade while waiting for full pips, you will be able to judge immediately after you bladed everyone. so why not do it? it's what you're best at. (of course that's without including traps and shield but that's another story)

So once again, it's not all you do but it's what you do best. now rude people, who come into fight without blades and expect you to blade them while they shield themselves and attack, are another story altogether lol. when i have given one balance blade and bladestorm, i stopped owing anyone in regard to my abilities.