Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Incorrect accusations of cheating.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
39
Have you ever been incorrectly/unfairly accused of cheating? I don't believe I have been...until just now.

I saw a battle going on, 3 versus 3, and at this point in the game, I think it's silly not to band together. When you need 8 or so items, why would you do 3+ separate battles to get them when you could do two or three and have help? I dunno, that's just my opinion.

Anyways, as soon as I joined, this guy says, "why do you people cheat". I assumed he meant my joining the battle so I asked what he was referring to. He explained that using garments that "give you extra life" is cheating. -_-

We tried explaining that if the developers give you them, it's not cheating. You may as well say, "Hey, you have a wand and a deck, you're cheating!" They're there for a purpose!

He kept arguing so I finally just said that he was probably jealous because he had none (which I didn't totally believe, how could you not have any by level 20?). He said that he had some so I told him to use some smarts and common sense and put them on. He said common sense wasn't required for that and that he didn't care about cheaters anyways...even though he was the one that started the whole thing. Oiy, some kids.

Anyone else have any amusing "you're a cheater!" stories?

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
71
LaadyX wrote:
Have you ever been incorrectly/unfairly accused of cheating? I don't believe I have been...until just now.

I saw a battle going on, 3 versus 3, and at this point in the game, I think it's silly not to band together. When you need 8 or so items, why would you do 3+ separate battles to get them when you could do two or three and have help? I dunno, that's just my opinion.

Anyways, as soon as I joined, this guy says, "why do you people cheat". I assumed he meant my joining the battle so I asked what he was referring to. He explained that using garments that "give you extra life" is cheating. -_-

We tried explaining that if the developers give you them, it's not cheating. You may as well say, "Hey, you have a wand and a deck, you're cheating!" They're there for a purpose!

He kept arguing so I finally just said that he was probably jealous because he had none (which I didn't totally believe, how could you not have any by level 20?). He said that he had some so I told him to use some smarts and common sense and put them on. He said common sense wasn't required for that and that he didn't care about cheaters anyways...even though he was the one that started the whole thing. Oiy, some kids.

Anyone else have any amusing "you're a cheater!" stories?
this rude guy had curse and death trap on a guy and i used major death on him and he said i cheated and i didn't

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
104
On the PvP side of everything, there's a lot of people who think "chain stunning" is cheating. Apparently, using stun twice in a row so the other team can't attack (what I would consider great strategy), is cheating in their book. I guess any strategy that easily wins is cheating. I think the kids should all stop whining, but of course the devs are listening to them and right now they're testing "stun lock" where when you stun someone, a shield appears on them, and if you stun them again, they won't be stunned, and the stun shield will disappear. The PvP people that think chain stunning is cheating love this idea, while everyone else hates it.


Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
33
Well, people consider me healing like crazy cheating. I simply tell them: " Hey, I'm life. It's, like, all we do: heal." I, personally, find this to be very funny. And about the stun lock, it's gonna be possible to train the stun shield :) YAY.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
33
LaadyX wrote:
Have you ever been incorrectly/unfairly accused of cheating? I don't believe I have been...until just now.

I saw a battle going on, 3 versus 3, and at this point in the game, I think it's silly not to band together. When you need 8 or so items, why would you do 3+ separate battles to get them when you could do two or three and have help? I dunno, that's just my opinion.

Anyways, as soon as I joined, this guy says, "why do you people cheat". I assumed he meant my joining the battle so I asked what he was referring to. He explained that using garments that "give you extra life" is cheating. -_-

We tried explaining that if the developers give you them, it's not cheating. You may as well say, "Hey, you have a wand and a deck, you're cheating!" They're there for a purpose!

He kept arguing so I finally just said that he was probably jealous because he had none (which I didn't totally believe, how could you not have any by level 20?). He said that he had some so I told him to use some smarts and common sense and put them on. He said common sense wasn't required for that and that he didn't care about cheaters anyways...even though he was the one that started the whole thing. Oiy, some kids.

Anyone else have any amusing "you're a cheater!" stories?


To me LaadyX this sounds like a case of extreme jealousy and just ignore it in the future.
As said anyone over level 20 is obviously someone who has gotten past the free play stage one way or another and paid something somewhere, and if the refuse to fully utilize all available means at succeeding and helping themselves then shame on them for being a spoil sport when those of us who do chose to better ourselves encroach on their personal space, OH WAIT! This is a game that is open to all!

Blaze Earthwalker
45th Level Pyromancer
2500+ health, 450+ mana (and always looking for more)

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
144
my friend and i were doing a joint quest, we both needed the same thing, we were in ds and a friend of thiers ported, while we were running down the (porter 1)street. a friend ot thiers ported in(porter2). porter 1 realized he was in over his head and left. porter 2 was running all over the place, we did not even realize that either had come in. a while later we are in a street battle and my friend died, porter 2 jumped in, he was krok lvl, my friend privet text me to ask if i had my regenerate in hand or not, i said no they fled used a potion and came back. 2 rounds later i heal porter 2, even though we never asked him to join our battle, next 2 rounds i get killed. I private text my friend to ask if she had a heal, the answer was no, i flee potion and return. next round we kill the monsters. then port 2 says we cheated him out of his xp by having fled and used potions, he even reported me for telling him he was the one cheating and how did you get into our instance, he was not on iether of our list. he explained he ported to his friend to 'power leavel' and when his friend left he stayed. but in his mind we were the cheaters lol

this whole thing could have been avoided if there was a port option button that popped up saying so and so leavle such and such wants to port,accept?

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
125
I'll tell you what I think is cheating is those people that port to you and dont even ask if you need help and they are much lower level than you. I had a friend that was Kroktopia level 25 and I was level 33 and in MB and he ports to me without any warning brings in another enemy just as I was about to finish the two that I had before. I dont like to take friend requests from very low levels because the only reason someone wants to be your friend at a low level is because they can get into areas that you can get in to also and they arent ready yet and then they expect you to pl them. Pling is cheating in my book because if you cant take time to enjoy a game and play it normal and level like normal than dont play the game and play something else. I understand that people dont like the grind to 50 if they already have a 50 but then again if you dont like the grind then dont play the game and dont cheat to get to the top either. There are also noobs that dont like to play the game either they just expect higher levels to pl them also and then brag about how fast they got to level 50 and rub peoples noses in it. I think if a friend is going to port to you that you need to get a message that says your friend so-in-so wants to port to you do you accept this port? and you click yes or no. That will cut down on your lower level friends porting to you without your permission.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
144
moviebuff3000 wrote:
I'll tell you what I think is cheating is those people that port to you and dont even ask if you need help and they are much lower level than you. I had a friend that was Kroktopia level 25 and I was level 33 and in MB and he ports to me without any warning brings in another enemy just as I was about to finish the two that I had before. I dont like to take friend requests from very low levels because the only reason someone wants to be your friend at a low level is because they can get into areas that you can get in to also and they arent ready yet and then they expect you to pl them. Pling is cheating in my book because if you cant take time to enjoy a game and play it normal and level like normal than dont play the game and play something else. I understand that people dont like the grind to 50 if they already have a 50 but then again if you dont like the grind then dont play the game and dont cheat to get to the top either. There are also noobs that dont like to play the game either they just expect higher levels to pl them also and then brag about how fast they got to level 50 and rub peoples noses in it. I think if a friend is going to port to you that you need to get a message that says your friend so-in-so wants to port to you do you accept this port? and you click yes or no. That will cut down on your lower level friends porting to you without your permission.


yes this is addressed in another thread "please may i port button"
please post there about this so ki can see your opinion, one i share

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
101
LaadyX wrote:
I saw a battle going on, 3 versus 3, and at this point in the game, I think it's silly not to band together. When you need 8 or so items, why would you do 3+ separate battles to get them when you could do two or three and have help? I dunno, that's just my opinion.


FYI, I am often trying to solo or test out a deck design so when people run into my battles without asking, they seem to create more problems for me than I like. And that is my opinion.

LaadyX wrote:
Anyways, as soon as I joined, this guy says, "why do you people cheat". I assumed he meant my joining the battle so I asked what he was referring to. He explained that using garments that "give you extra life" is cheating. -_-


I have no clue what this guy is talking about. Life boosting garments and items are part of the game. The only somewhat logical explaination I can think of is that perhaps him and his friends were trying to go through the game/battles deliberately without using life enhancing items. Maybe he thought you were part of their group and understood that. Or maybe he was just trying to be annoying. Still, it isn't cheating. Not by a long shot.

I've not been accused of cheating. But I do think that those who stand by, waiting for a battle to be near the end before they jump in are... well, not cheating but certainly manipulating the game to the detriment and enjoyment of others.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
22
bashful1
Post Jun/28/2009 3:22:39 pm Subject: Re:Incorrect accusations of cheating.
Well, people consider me healing like crazy cheating. I simply tell them: " Hey, I'm life. It's, like, all we do: heal." I, personally, find this to be very funny. And about the stun lock, it's gonna be possible to train the stun shield YAY.


LOL! On the PvP side, I get accused of cheating for healing and shielding like crazy. Grandmaster balance here. I'm thinking the whole time, um, hello that's what we do best. :D What? Am I suppose to take your massive wild card and triton hits with no shields and die in one hit? Think not, I'm not here to boost your rank, I'm here to boost mine.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
30
I've never been accused of cheating, nor have I ever accused someone else of that. However, there are some things that I think are simply a lack of decent manners.

Apart from the porting, which is the reason I don't add anyone I don't know personally to my friends list, until we have ways to keep certain people from porting to us, those that join a fight but don't fight are basically the only annoyance I have in this game. That is, aside from the huge list of random friend invites.

But you know what I mean: you start a fight, some others join in. Fine, that's how it works and I like it that way. What annoys me though is when someone joined in and obviously then goes AFK assuming that others will complete the fight, they don't have to do anything and will get xp anyway or finish their quest.
I'd definately opt for a mechanic where if someone does not actively passes a turn, they are considered afk and therefore get no reward for the fight. Maybe not for the the first turn, but for more than one I think that makes a lot of sense. I've seen it alot and thought it always to be unfair to those who do want to join the fight but can't because someone lazy joined in to hitch with the work of others without doing anything themselves.

But other than this nuisance, I honestly don't even see how one can cheat in this game. Unless there is some exploit in the game, but so far, for what I've seen of the game, it seems pretty solid and tight when it comes to bugs.

Those that claim that others are genuinly cheating really need to be able to back that up with hard facts, which I doubt they will be able to produce. This game is so anti-exploit and anti-cheating by design that I find it hard that anyone can even come up with the idea of the possibility of cheating in this game. But obviously one can imagine anything they want.

Survivor
May 18, 2009
4
nimbysep wrote:
...then port 2 says we cheated him out of his xp by having fled and used potions, he even reported me for telling him he was the one cheating and how did you get into our instance, he was not on iether of our list. he explained he ported to his friend to 'power leavel' and when his friend left he stayed. but in his mind we were the cheaters lol


So here's a concept that people like this need to understand. The game grants you 3 experience points per 'Rank' of the spell you attempt. 0 Pip Spells count as 1 Rank and there's an exception to X Pip spells, but if you cast a 4 pip spell, you get 12 exp. If it fizzles, you still get 12 exp.

So in reality, if you are bone headed enough to think that trying to grind experience is worth it (questing is the fastest way to powerlevel), it would best suit you to grind in Unicorn Way where you can toss out all of your cards and not have to worry about the amount of damage you are taking.

Next time someone gives you this kind of grief, educate them and tell them to get back to Unicorn Way where they belong!

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
125
Yes, I also hate those that keep passing or afk more afk than anything. I was with a friend in Kensington Park and he was with another friend and we got to the last boss and my friends friend went afk during the last boss fight and there was four enemies to fight and then we took out 2 minions and had the boss and a minion left and then my friends friend logs out and we barely survived the encounter. The battle was taking longer because the guy went afk without warning of any sort.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
144
moviebuff3000 wrote:
Yes, I also hate those that keep passing or afk more afk than anything. I was with a friend in Kensington Park and he was with another friend and we got to the last boss and my friends friend went afk during the last boss fight and there was four enemies to fight and then we took out 2 minions and had the boss and a minion left and then my friends friend logs out and we barely survived the encounter. The battle was taking longer because the guy went afk without warning of any sort.

ok i will be the first to admit it i HATE IT when people go afk, but there are times when you might think that is me doing it, when in trueth i lost connection. i am lucky enough to be able to play at work, but i wifi when i do. there are times when the wifi am connected to goes down, if you could see me scrambling trying to get back on line you would laugh at me. there are 3 or 4 different connections i wifi from and when 1 goes down, or another over rides the 1 i am on i am at my keyboard going nuts trying to get back to the fight, so wait and see if that is the situation before you deleat anyone lol