Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

idea's for new schools

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
What would be awesome if we edit a few new schools a have a few idea's for a few new school

1# water school if you use fire on ice there you got water
2#air if you use fire with water you will get air
3#machine it's not magical but it's pretty awesome

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
oh, you mechanical gives me an idea, why not CLOCKWORK? It would be awesome. you could have a school in marleybone and build armies.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Why not make a school that gives you special one-of-a-kind items, like magic bow and arrows, like the fire elves have! Man that would be so awesome! and the bow let's you summon yourself like the swords do! and then you back flip like the satyr and then shoot the enemy with the bow! i'm not sure about a name for the school though, if you have any ideas on a name for this school, just reply to me, thank you, Cheerio!

Justin DragonBlood Level36 Thaumaturge 8)

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Those aren't new class ideas. Those are naming ideas or artwork ideas. While a name and artwork are necessary in order to have a new class, the point of the class must be game mechanics. Otherwise you end up with a bunch of more or less identical classes with only superficial differences, which makes for terrible gameplay.

For example, ice can take the most damage without dying (and without healing), myth gets the best minions, and life gets by far the best healing. What do you propose should be the point of the classes you list?

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
Those aren't new class ideas. Those are naming ideas or artwork ideas. While a name and artwork are necessary in order to have a new class, the point of the class must be game mechanics. Otherwise you end up with a bunch of more or less identical classes with only superficial differences, which makes for terrible gameplay.

For example, ice can take the most damage without dying (and without healing), myth gets the best minions, and life gets by far the best healing. What do you propose should be the point of the classes you list?

You have a point in that the other suggestions don't get to the core gameplay. Also, what if, rather than creating more "core" schools, there were "Advanced" schools you could join once reaching a certain level...

Here are a couple suggestions and hopefully these are closer to what we're looking for:

- Accuracy - No school is based around accuracy. Perhaps this school's magic would involve 90 - 100% accuracy on everything but the spells would be generally weak.

- Counterspells - A school could concentrate on spells that would cancel out completely or delay other wizard's spells. The only problem with this is the frustration this might cause players who are countered over and over.

- Combinations - Right now you have a primary school (Ice for me) and a secondary school (Myth for me). I can't wear the clothing for the Myth school. I wish I could. Maybe instead of choosing only 1 primary school, you could choose as many schools as you wanted but because you have only limited training pts, you spread yourself more thin. You would have a larger variety of spells to cast and you could change to the appropriate type of spells that would work best in a situation, but you would be weaker overall because you couldn't afford the strongest spells. This is a classic sort of theme in a lot of games.

Chance - A school could be based around causing unusual things to happen. Examples include a spell that may cause an enemy's next spell to go awry. That enemy's spell was aimed at me, but perhaps there is a 30% chance it could hit someone else in my party, or someone in HIS party, or HIMSELF. Maybe another spell in this school would be something that caused an enemy to lose a random card in his hand. Or another spell could cause someone to lose a random number of pips. Or another spell could change the order of player's turns. Damage spells could range from 5 pts damage to 500 pts damage. Which one is going to happen this time?

Survivor
May 09, 2009

LUNAR magic

you have an equall share of healing and attacking spells but the school has no weakness or strength or any traps , shields , blades , or unstrengthens.

some spells are

alien
UFO
werewolf
raven master ( a giant raven )
saytire beast ( a cross betwine a saytire and a lizard-man )
lunar ora
moon spirit ( a rock that resembles a moon but with a angry face )

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
rhetoric wrote:

what if, rather than creating more "core" schools, there were "Advanced" schools you could join once reaching a certain level...

Here are a couple suggestions and hopefully these are closer to what we're looking for:

- Accuracy - No school is based around accuracy. Perhaps this school's magic would involve 90 - 100% accuracy on everything but the spells would be generally weak.

- Counterspells - A school could concentrate on spells that would cancel out completely or delay other wizard's spells. The only problem with this is the frustration this might cause players who are countered over and over.

- Combinations - Right now you have a primary school (Ice for me) and a secondary school (Myth for me). I can't wear the clothing for the Myth school. I wish I could. Maybe instead of choosing only 1 primary school, you could choose as many schools as you wanted but because you have only limited training pts, you spread yourself more thin. You would have a larger variety of spells to cast and you could change to the appropriate type of spells that would work best in a situation, but you would be weaker overall because you couldn't afford the strongest spells. This is a classic sort of theme in a lot of games.

Chance - A school could be based around causing unusual things to happen. Examples include a spell that may cause an enemy's next spell to go awry. That enemy's spell was aimed at me, but perhaps there is a 30% chance it could hit someone else in my party, or someone in HIS party, or HIMSELF. Maybe another spell in this school would be something that caused an enemy to lose a random card in his hand. Or another spell could cause someone to lose a random number of pips. Or another spell could change the order of player's turns. Damage spells could range from 5 pts damage to 500 pts damage. Which one is going to happen this time?

o thats cool but i thought you mean t like the same schools just more advanced (like college)this is another thought that you could take into action

connor daycatcher lvl 45 master thaumaturge 8)

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Me and my friends were thinking of a new school and we came up with
SCHOOL OF TIME
the school is based on attacks from the past now and in the time to come.
first it starts with like knight attack it hits 80-90 >1pip<
then there is unwanted villager does 100-250 >2pips<
then there is protect from balance fire death and storm -60% >0pips<
then there is angry zombie does 325-475 >4pips<
then there is forgotten wizard does 575-700 >5pips<
then there is TIME shield boost 30% time strength moves >0pips<
then there is TIME swords boost 35% time strength moves >0pips<
then the final move is sands of time the move does 245-500 first round then depending on how much health the other player/npc has it will take away 85% of its health away in the next turn >6pips<
The the lvl 48 move is a move that is part death part fire and part storm
The name is merle abrose!
He steals 450health and gives half to player that use it but there is a twist it steals 575health each time for 3 turns >7pips<

Also the percent of you not fizzleing is 80%

Also the last move is death because of the health taking part fire part because it does moves a few turns and the storm part because of how high it hits. Hope you think about my new school ideas
P.S. i just thought of all this lol

Explorer
May 10, 2009
Survivor
May 23, 2009
my ideas are...
technomancers (techno school) between myth and storm
windmancer (wind school) between death and ice
animancer (animal school) between life and fire
those are the natural magics.
solarmancer (sun school) between none
lunamancer (moon school) between none
alchemist (stars school) between none
those are the astral/origin magics (studied by ambrose)

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
mabye matter! you can turn opponents into diffrent school then you can use spells that do massive damge (low hit rate) but who you use it on needs to be a certin school see what I mean but the problem is thinking of spells :? :? :?

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Spirit. These are the traditional elements that real-life magic practitioners honor.

We already have Fire. We ought to have Earth, Air, Water, and Spirit as well. :D

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
AuroraGriffin wrote:
Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Spirit. These are the traditional elements that real-life magic practitioners honor.

We already have Fire. We ought to have Earth, Air, Water, and Spirit as well. :D
you do know earth will be like like myth but i can understand the other 2

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
cyclism1 wrote:
AuroraGriffin wrote:

you do know earth will be like like myth but i can understand the other 2

I thought Earth could be like earth-quakes, volcanoes, and rocks and stuff.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
There can be a minion school with nine new minions in it. Like The Choker,The Machine Pea, Web Hanger,Dunk'in Fish, The ghoster, Clicker Mouse,The Chewing Meat, The Hame Like Steak And The Cheser Like dollar.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
to be honest we don't need a new school, its going to irritate the people who worked hard to get grandmasters in all schools, so they'll have to do it AGAIN. Its not easy to get a grandmaster, let alone a grandmaster in ALL SCHOOLS

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
AuroraGriffin wrote:

Storm is like a mix of Water and Electric/Thunder, and Myth is sort of like-actually, no. It shouldn't be something for Spirit.

Hero
May 19, 2009
AuroraGriffin wrote:

earth is the same as life(both are nature)

air is part of storm

water is the same as ice

the spirit magics are life, death and myth

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
dont know what it could be called but balance is storm fire ice it could be life (best in my opinion) myth and death and life death and myth could quit boosting damage against balance and balance could become its rival

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
My idea SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oooooooooooooo! how about HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plz if these have been said reply
if not woo-hoo!
teachers: mrs. metla
and mr.histerton
first spell:hot metal spash
and rooseavet sord clash

your friend
EMMA MOONHUNTER
Lvl 17 ice goddess 8)

Survivor
May 22, 2009
rhetoric wrote:

Respectfully, there are two schools already based around accuracy, Storm and Life. Life spells nearly never miss, but are much weaker than other spells from other schools, and storm spells are the most powerful spells you can find, however they suffer greatly in the accuracy departent.

rhetoric wrote:

I like this idea, but it kind of sounds as though it'd be an addition to the Ice School instead of a school in and of it's self.

rhetoric wrote:

There is some craftable gear now that is tailored to people's major and minor schools, most of the recipes are attainable via NPC's in Kro..krock... oh bother, I can't spell tonight, I give up, but you know where I'm talking about right? I picked up a Life/Storm pair of boots that's been an enormous help to my outgoing damage. It's deffinately worth looking into. On the subject of combinations though I would love to see some cards become combineable, for instance Dark Fairy + Fire Imp = Dark Imp?

rhetoric wrote:
- Chance - A school could be based around causing unusual things to happen. Examples include a spell that may cause an enemy's next spell to go awry. That enemy's spell was aimed at me, but perhaps there is a 30% chance it could hit someone else in my party, or someone in HIS party, or HIMSELF. Maybe another spell in this school would be something that caused an enemy to lose a random card in his hand. Or another spell could cause someone to lose a random number of pips. Or another spell could change the order of player's turns. Damage spells could range from 5 pts damage to 500 pts damage. Which one is going to happen this time?

I *love* this idea, and I'd strongly support it if it were further explored as an option!

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
A foil to balance would be chaos. And the person who posted something about chance and randomness magic could find a vessal in this. I'm not very creative, but if someone would like to quote me and come up with some school strengths and weaknesses and attacks and what not, be my guest.

Jack Stormblood
Lvl 27 Diviner

Survivor
May 25, 2009
StormSage wrote:
A foil to balance would be chaos. And the person who posted something about chance and randomness magic could find a vessal in this. I'm not very creative, but if someone would like to quote me and come up with some school strengths and weaknesses and attacks and what not, be my guest.

Jack Stormblood
Lvl 27 Diviner
CHAOS LIVES! I was afraid that this idea was lost when the thread Eighth School on Halston's Laboratory lost popularity.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
StormSage wrote:

Jack Stormblood
Lvl 27 Diviner
:)chaos could be combined with chance