Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice is Favored!

1
AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 27, 2012
195
Ok, so everyone knows ice is one of the top schools. But with recent updates, it seems like their being favored a bit. The hades wands give 72 ice crit, 35 universal crit, and 70 block. The other wands dont give a crazy amount of crit, but they give pierce. No block. In my opinion, thats good for storm and fire. The rest should have block. And another thing is their gear. It gives amazing amounts of resist, but kinda low damage. So you strap on your resist gear with a pet that has 4 damage talents, a blade, and maybe proof, and there you go. Most ice's have feint, and some have satyr. So now they have around 45-50 resist, probably 45-60 damage, a good 5250-6000 health, 200+ crit, 150+ block, around 45% total healing, 75-90% power pip chance, probably feint, sometimes life mastery with satyr. If they're pet gives a blade, and they got potent and sharpen, thats a good 10-12 buffs (enough to make ice beetle do a couple thousand).

That may all be confusing, so heres a round up: Ice's stats are too high. A few of them need to be lowered. (damage and crit mostly.)

Today, I saw an ice with 292 critical, and 60 damage, 5221 health, and 45 resist. And he had an average pet. Who else thinks thats a little too much for one school?

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
has ALWAYS had the advantage when it comes to pvp stats. No question about it. They're the most defensive.

has been the favored school for quite some time now.

Moderately easy immunity.

Lord of Winter.

Like I need to say more about being handed everything the last couple years.

should have better resist but not Immunity and still fairly high attack. That part is too much, yes.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
Ok. I've said it more times than I can count. Ice is a defensive school. Yes, they have more health and resist. That's because their other stats aren't the best and it takes longer to buff and hit for decent damage.

Besides, who cares what Ice has, since this game is based on PvE. If you are talking about PvP, then please take this post over there, where you can whine like the rest of them.

My L90 Balance has better overall stats than the Ice stats you are posting. My Balance has 5155 health, 77 damage, 287 crit, 173 block, 57% healing, 82% pips, and 46 resist across the board.

So, please don't tell everyone that Ice has the advantage or are being favored, because it's not true. Each school is unique and has it's strengths and weaknesses. It's all on how you play your school, by learning it inside and out that gives you the advantage to use it's strengths, while overcoming it's weaknesses.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
BrynnerOfReign on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
Ok. I've said it more times than I can count. Ice is a defensive school. Yes, they have more health and resist. That's because their other stats aren't the best and it takes longer to buff and hit for decent damage.

Besides, who cares what Ice has, since this game is based on PvE. If you are talking about PvP, then please take this post over there, where you can whine like the rest of them.

My L90 Balance has better overall stats than the Ice stats you are posting. My Balance has 5155 health, 77 damage, 287 crit, 173 block, 57% healing, 82% pips, and 46 resist across the board.

So, please don't tell everyone that Ice has the advantage or are being favored, because it's not true. Each school is unique and has it's strengths and weaknesses. It's all on how you play your school, by learning it inside and out that gives you the advantage to use it's strengths, while overcoming it's weaknesses.
I have met Brynner's wizards, and she isn't kidding... they scare me.
(especially that Valkoor guy, he's weird and kinda creepy)



As a Storm wizard, I often hear similar things about nerfing our spells to be less powerful, when high damage is how we survive. Ice is our polar (pun intended) opposite~ they are defense-based, therefore they have to really blade-stack in order to deal a good amount of damage (unless you're super-tank Brynn, who is just awesome across the board) and need to be able to survive long enough to get a good shot.

My storm wizard has better stats than most Ice wizards I've met: she has massive damage, resist, and block... if I had a perfect pet with 10% proof, it would put her resist into the 40s. She led a group (2 necromancers, another diviner, and herself) of prometheans through Aquila, and guess who played all 3 major roles (tank, healer, and damage dealer) simultaneously?

(hint: this girl!)

Likewise, my Life wizard ran Waterworks with a storm/storm/balance group, and guess who the damage dealer was?

(hint: also this girl!)

If Storm can get these stats, so can everyone else. It's about playing to the advantages of your school and learning to make do with what you have available, rather than bashing the others.

Brynn is 100% spot-on, as far as this is a PvP complaint and belongs in that section, with all the other people whining that such-and-such is overpowered.

-von

promethean


legendary


master


magus

Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
71
Has anyone found a single Ice wizard who thinks they're OP? NO! Has anyone found a single Storm wizard who thinks they're OP? NO! Has anyone found a single Balance wizard who thinks they're OP? NO! I think you catch my drift. Yes, in the PVP arena, Ice USED TO (PAST TENSE) have an advantage, with our storm and fire resists. But with the recent releases of Shadow Shrike, the Spears, and Armor Piercing (i.e. Hades wands) a Pyromancer or Diviner can go POOF and suddenly, with sometimes only a single, 30% stormblade, get a 1 hit KO on an Ice wizard with Storm Owl.
Let's assume a Diviner has 75% storm damage, which is low for them. Storm Owl does 1525-1625 damage. Let's say 1575, to be fair. Then add Colossal. Our hit is now 1850 damage. Add the 75% and you get 1850+1387.5 damage. Which is a total of 3237.5, and we still have no blade.
3237.5*0.3 is 971.25.
Add the damages, and we get 4208.75. And we're STILL not done. Shadow Shrike gives a 10% damage increase.
So we take 4208.75 and multiply it by 0.1, to get 420.875.
Add our damages together, and we get a total of:
4629.(something). That was with only a 75% damage boost, and a single blade. What if it was sharp? Overkill. Seriously, people need to stop hating on ice and get some piercing... OR just use the tools you're given.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
178
Ice is not overpowered. Kingsisle is much too professional to let something like that happen. Kingsisle knows exactly what they're doing when they're designing gear with stats. They couldn't and wouldn't ever let something like that happen. No school is overpowered or ever will be.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so everyone knows ice is one of the top schools. But with recent updates, it seems like their being favored a bit. The hades wands give 72 ice crit, 35 universal crit, and 70 block. The other wands dont give a crazy amount of crit, but they give pierce. No block. In my opinion, thats good for storm and fire. The rest should have block. And another thing is their gear. It gives amazing amounts of resist, but kinda low damage. So you strap on your resist gear with a pet that has 4 damage talents, a blade, and maybe proof, and there you go. Most ice's have feint, and some have satyr. So now they have around 45-50 resist, probably 45-60 damage, a good 5250-6000 health, 200+ crit, 150+ block, around 45% total healing, 75-90% power pip chance, probably feint, sometimes life mastery with satyr. If they're pet gives a blade, and they got potent and sharpen, thats a good 10-12 buffs (enough to make ice beetle do a couple thousand).

That may all be confusing, so heres a round up: Ice's stats are too high. A few of them need to be lowered. (damage and crit mostly.)

Today, I saw an ice with 292 critical, and 60 damage, 5221 health, and 45 resist. And he had an average pet. Who else thinks thats a little too much for one school?
I agree. Ice is favored over the other schools. Their hades' wand is clearly better than the other schools' hades' wands. They are tied with life and death for the best blades, have the best traps, and by far the best field spell. I think KI feels Ice needs the best blades, traps, and field spell since they have the lowest damage output. I disagree, Ice's strength is supposed to be defenses which they are definitely the masters at it by far. Their weakness is supposed to be damage which can be majorly supported by their blades, traps, and field spell. Fire and storm have the strength of high damage output but the weakness of poor defense. Fire and storm does not have any advanced shields our bubble with some kind of extra resist or block that they would only have or would be better than ice's. Ice is truly favored over the other schools.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
Ice is not favored in any way. It's just different than other schools. Ice, as I have said many times is a defensive school. Because of the lowest damage boosts than any other school, Ice has to trap and blade more than other school to get decent hits.

Don't tell me Fire and Storm don't have their advantages, because they do. They have much better accuracy boosts in gear that Ice can not get (unless Ice wants to tank many of their defensive stats). Fire and Storm can have 2x - 3x the amount of damage boosts Ice can ever get. Yeah, Ice gets better blades and traps, but it doesn't make up for the difference they lose in damage compared to Fire and Storm. Don't forget, Fire also has the fire tri-trap and healing spell. Storm has the extra trap they can place on all, plus they have supercharge, which gives them a mega blade.

The only reason for people to complain about one school over another is because of PvP. Because, in PvE, it doesn't matter what the other player has in terms of spells.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
48
NO school is better than the other I have Max of every character because I have two different accounts so plz stop trying to start fights between schools

signed :)

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
Ice is not favored in any way. It's just different than other schools. Ice, as I have said many times is a defensive school. Because of the lowest damage boosts than any other school, Ice has to trap and blade more than other school to get decent hits.

Don't tell me Fire and Storm don't have their advantages, because they do. They have much better accuracy boosts in gear that Ice can not get (unless Ice wants to tank many of their defensive stats). Fire and Storm can have 2x - 3x the amount of damage boosts Ice can ever get. Yeah, Ice gets better blades and traps, but it doesn't make up for the difference they lose in damage compared to Fire and Storm. Don't forget, Fire also has the fire tri-trap and healing spell. Storm has the extra trap they can place on all, plus they have supercharge, which gives them a mega blade.

The only reason for people to complain about one school over another is because of PvP. Because, in PvE, it doesn't matter what the other player has in terms of spells.
Yea ice's damage is low but isn't it SUPPOSED to be low? Isn't there health, resist and block SUPPOSED to be high? Fire and storm has their advantage which is damage but with the weakness of health, resist, and block rating. Ice has their advantage in terms of having very high health, resist, and block rating but with the weakness of damage. Ice is favored because ice does not need better traps, blades, and field spell. They have their strength and weakness so why turn their weakness into something that is not as much of a weakness? Like I said before, fire and storm do not get special shields or bubbles just as ice gets the best blades, traps, and field spell. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT stating that ice is overpowered, but simply favored.

Mastermind
Jan 27, 2010
325
That's not really true some schools are better than others just at certain things.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
48
stormninja542 on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
Yea ice's damage is low but isn't it SUPPOSED to be low? Isn't there health, resist and block SUPPOSED to be high? Fire and storm has their advantage which is damage but with the weakness of health, resist, and block rating. Ice has their advantage in terms of having very high health, resist, and block rating but with the weakness of damage. Ice is favored because ice does not need better traps, blades, and field spell. They have their strength and weakness so why turn their weakness into something that is not as much of a weakness? Like I said before, fire and storm do not get special shields or bubbles just as ice gets the best blades, traps, and field spell. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT stating that ice is overpowered, but simply favored.
but if every school had the block, resist , critical and damage and accuracy and every thing else there would be no reason to ice for resist or storm for damage or fire for dot attacks or myth for minions or death for steal heath spells or life for healing or balance for judgment so if there is no need to go different schools why have them because if everyone had the same stats this would be a very very boring game

Survivor
Mar 01, 2014
31
I don't know much about pvp strategy or who is OP'd in that. But for regular game play, it's just how you play your school. Like everyone has been saying, Ice is a defensive school and their attacks aren't very strong. Their gear has great stats to make up for this and at the very beginning of the game it seems unfair. But I suggest that once you reach level 30, to get the full Zeus set. I'm a storm wizard, which is known for their very powerful attacks and low health/accuracy. But after acquiring this gear, I have 17% accuracy which means any storm attack spell I cast which has a base of 70% accuracy would now have 87% which is 3% shy of a life's accuracy. So now 1 of my school's major downfalls is no longer a problem for me. Storm will never have as good of health as some of the other schools, because we don't need it. With this good accuracy and strong spells, I rarely fizzle and my strong spells usually only require a storm blade and storm trap at most for almost any boss in Mooshu. When you get through battles quickly, health isn't needed. Health is just a backup if your spells aren't very strong and you'll be in battle for a long time. So based on what I've said, it's just knowing your school and overcoming one of the downfalls so that the other doesn't affect you as greatly. Ice has weaker attacks, so they need health to stay alive during battle. I imagine ice has difficulty soloing sometimes.
Katie Smith level 44

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
kspirtweaver1996 on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
but if every school had the block, resist , critical and damage and accuracy and every thing else there would be no reason to ice for resist or storm for damage or fire for dot attacks or myth for minions or death for steal heath spells or life for healing or balance for judgment so if there is no need to go different schools why have them because if everyone had the same stats this would be a very very boring game
I am confused of what you are telling me. All I am stating is that ice is favored and they do not need better blades, traps, and field spell. Their hades' wand is a bit op too. I am not asking or wondering why ice has their strength as you are assuming I am. I simply wonder why they should have better damage boosters when their weakness is supposed to be damage.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
Ice is favored. That is why they don't get their blade until level 38 when almost everyone else gets theirs by level 12. That is why they have the only X spells that can be completely mitigated for 0 pips and cannot in any way be boosted. That is why it is so easy to get gear damage boost and accuracy and why their critical rating is so very high. That is why all the balefrost item cards are identical to the trained spell. Yep, ice is clearly the favorite son of KI. There is nothing about it that says it is balanced like any other school. Stupid ice... They should really nerf this school.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
stormninja542 on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
I am confused of what you are telling me. All I am stating is that ice is favored and they do not need better blades, traps, and field spell. Their hades' wand is a bit op too. I am not asking or wondering why ice has their strength as you are assuming I am. I simply wonder why they should have better damage boosters when their weakness is supposed to be damage.
"I simply wonder why they should have better damage boosters when their weakness is supposed to be damage."

Hey stormninja. I was reading this thread a little more thoroughly and came across this post. You have asked a simple and straight forward question... so here's the answer:

In terms of damage specific boosters, ice has an advantage over other schools in the global spell only. In terms of the actual game, even that is debatable since Myth and Fire have 35% item card versions of their global whereas the ice item card version stays at 35%. Schools with a 40% blade:

Life
Death
Ice

Schools with a 30% trap:

Death
Balance
Ice

There are two main ice damage mitigating factors. First is that their damage spells have the lowest damage per pip in the game though sun spells like colossal help to mitigate that. Second, ice has the lowest gear damage boosts in the game. If you combine the lowest damage per pip with lowest gear boost then you will find that you can't scale the damage as well. In order to keep up with other schools, Ice needs to blade stack. The other thing you need to keep in mind is "when" ice receives these items:

Ice Trap - Level 7
Balefrost - 33
Iceblade - Level 38 (Quest requires you to unlock Crimson Field in Mooshu)

Other schools receive both their blade and trap by:

Fire: 16
Storm: 16
Myth: 12
Death: 7
Life: End of Krokophinx (Around level 20ish)
Balance: End of Krokotopia (Around 25ish? - I can't remember)

Hopefully, this answers your question. Should this answer generate more questions, I'd be happy to help answer them.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so everyone knows ice is one of the top schools. But with recent updates, it seems like their being favored a bit. The hades wands give 72 ice crit, 35 universal crit, and 70 block. The other wands dont give a crazy amount of crit, but they give pierce. No block. In my opinion, thats good for storm and fire. The rest should have block. And another thing is their gear. It gives amazing amounts of resist, but kinda low damage. So you strap on your resist gear with a pet that has 4 damage talents, a blade, and maybe proof, and there you go. Most ice's have feint, and some have satyr. So now they have around 45-50 resist, probably 45-60 damage, a good 5250-6000 health, 200+ crit, 150+ block, around 45% total healing, 75-90% power pip chance, probably feint, sometimes life mastery with satyr. If they're pet gives a blade, and they got potent and sharpen, thats a good 10-12 buffs (enough to make ice beetle do a couple thousand).

That may all be confusing, so heres a round up: Ice's stats are too high. A few of them need to be lowered. (damage and crit mostly.)

Today, I saw an ice with 292 critical, and 60 damage, 5221 health, and 45 resist. And he had an average pet. Who else thinks thats a little too much for one school?
My balance has higher stats in all those things and there's no balance shield. You have got to be kidding if you seriously think Ice is overpowered in in damage and critical. 292 critical isn't high, it's actually pretty low. . Let's compare Ice Hades gear stats.

Hades defense gear

+1285 health
+21% power pip
+1 Ice accuracy
+27 Ice damage
+4 Pierce
297 ice crit
154 universal block
+34 universal resist
+15% incoming healing

Hades defense gear

+509 health
+14% power pip
+5 Storm accuracy
+57 Storm damage
+15 Pierce
399 Storm crit
84 universal block
+26 universal resist
+15% incoming healing

Tell me again how that isn't balanced? Both can always add the ring and athame, for more damage, but those are the same so no point for comparison. Storm and other schools have 100 more critical than Ice, it only follows that Ice should have more block. Ice gets 70 more block to balance it getting only half the damage boost, 100 less critical rating and virtually no pierce.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
ok as a lvl 95 ice wizard let me put these down ice is not favored even a little right now were the weakest school because are resistance turns to junk or damage you thought it was bad before look at it now and every gear we get ether cost us more damage back fall for resistance or more resistance fall for damage and are block rating agains big hits is just sad we almost never block with hades gear on wanna talk about favored school talk about storm they can one hit kill nock out all my block added resistance and kill me like i was a bug i mean ice needs a big update we need more resistance we need better gear that makes us take less damage but give us like a lot of resistance because we need it more then ever because then we have a fair chance in battle right now every class is stronger so kl really dont favored us i wish they favored storm i mean we are not as strong as the other everyone else is more powerful then us because of are school right now and i sad because i tired of being weak i want a update for ice because i sick of pvp being so not fair i mean storm needs a update to take out some spell out of pvp like wild blot for one thing and give them a little more heath what they got is sad i mean look at all the school right now were all out of wack because of shadow magic and the new lvl there not updating us there just giving us new spells and world i mean if we dont get updated everything just going be a mess and these game already not fair if you disagree that your right if you agree that's great but these is what i think all the school need to be updated so it fair again and some spell should not be in pvp because there to strong for other players and it makes me not happy that everybody think were favored when were getting the worst deal right now i mean have you played as a high level ice battle a storm or something it not easy ice has got to be the hardiest class right now to be i mean even storm seem fun right now because they got it easier

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
gtarhannon on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
"I simply wonder why they should have better damage boosters when their weakness is supposed to be damage."

Hey stormninja. I was reading this thread a little more thoroughly and came across this post. You have asked a simple and straight forward question... so here's the answer:

In terms of damage specific boosters, ice has an advantage over other schools in the global spell only. In terms of the actual game, even that is debatable since Myth and Fire have 35% item card versions of their global whereas the ice item card version stays at 35%. Schools with a 40% blade:

Life
Death
Ice

Schools with a 30% trap:

Death
Balance
Ice

There are two main ice damage mitigating factors. First is that their damage spells have the lowest damage per pip in the game though sun spells like colossal help to mitigate that. Second, ice has the lowest gear damage boosts in the game. If you combine the lowest damage per pip with lowest gear boost then you will find that you can't scale the damage as well. In order to keep up with other schools, Ice needs to blade stack. The other thing you need to keep in mind is "when" ice receives these items:

Ice Trap - Level 7
Balefrost - 33
Iceblade - Level 38 (Quest requires you to unlock Crimson Field in Mooshu)

Other schools receive both their blade and trap by:

Fire: 16
Storm: 16
Myth: 12
Death: 7
Life: End of Krokophinx (Around level 20ish)
Balance: End of Krokotopia (Around 25ish? - I can't remember)

Hopefully, this answers your question. Should this answer generate more questions, I'd be happy to help answer them.
I appreciate the fact you have answered my question but I am still a bit confused as to why they must have better damage boosters. They naturally have the most health and the gear gives the most health and resist, so why should it matter if their spells naturally do the least amount of damage and their gear gives the least amount of damage and critical? Storm naturally has the strongest spells and gear with the most damage and critical but yet they don't get a boost like ice regardless of the fact they naturally have the lowest health and their gear gives the least amount of health, resist, and block rating. This is exactly why I believe ice is favored.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
stormninja542 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
I appreciate the fact you have answered my question but I am still a bit confused as to why they must have better damage boosters. They naturally have the most health and the gear gives the most health and resist, so why should it matter if their spells naturally do the least amount of damage and their gear gives the least amount of damage and critical? Storm naturally has the strongest spells and gear with the most damage and critical but yet they don't get a boost like ice regardless of the fact they naturally have the lowest health and their gear gives the least amount of health, resist, and block rating. This is exactly why I believe ice is favored.
The slightly higher boost in blades has much less effect on Ice than it would on higher damage schools. Base attack damage is what is key here. Ice has a 40% blade and 7 pip spell Frost Giant does 475 to all. Let's use my previous post comparison with Hades Gear.

Ice with Hades Gear + 40% blade + Frost Giant = 845 damage + stun
Storm with Hades Gear + 30% blade + Storm Lord = 1408 damage + stun

That little 10% increase in blade doesn't even come close to evening out the attack damage, it merely helps balance it a little. Ice is not favored at all, it still has the weakest attacks of any school.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
stormninja542 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
I appreciate the fact you have answered my question but I am still a bit confused as to why they must have better damage boosters. They naturally have the most health and the gear gives the most health and resist, so why should it matter if their spells naturally do the least amount of damage and their gear gives the least amount of damage and critical? Storm naturally has the strongest spells and gear with the most damage and critical but yet they don't get a boost like ice regardless of the fact they naturally have the lowest health and their gear gives the least amount of health, resist, and block rating. This is exactly why I believe ice is favored.
As illustrated by the fact that death has an identical blade and trap (plus additional traps), Ice doesn't get "better" boosters. Your position causes me to wonder... Have you ever played Ice in the regular game? Health alone isn't that big of an advantage until much later in the game. The same goes for resist. However, let's put all the various mitigating factors aside and focus for now solely on this:

"why should it matter if their spells naturally do the least amount of damage and their gear gives the least amount of damage and critical?"

The answer, in short, is "because math". Let's analyze a few variables here:

Storm average damage per pip - 137.5 x 30% storm blade - 41.25 damage per pip benefit
Ice average damage per pip - 91.25 x 40% ice blade - 36.5 damage per pip benefit

Right off the bat, we can see that even though the blade is smaller for storm, it yields more benefit because the damage per pip is substantially higher. Let's do this again with an aggregate multiplier for each which includes blade, trap, and global:

Storm - 137.5 dpp x 103.125% - 141.796875 damage per pip benefit
Ice - 91.25 dpp x 145.7% ice blade - 132.95125 damage per pip benefit

Even with blade, trap, and global in place the low base damage for ice still isn't yielding as much benefit as the lower boosts for storm. You may be thinking that ice is still closing in, but this is why low gear damage matters. Let's compare the hat, boots, and robe for each of these schools from waterworks. With those, ice gets a 34% damage boost and storm gets 67%. Running the figures again it would look like this (I'm going to round from here on out):

Storm - 137.5 dpp x 172.22% - 236.8 damage per pip benefit
Ice - 91.25 dpp x 195.24% ice blade - 178.2 damage per pip benefit

and applying a successful critical:

Storm - 137.5 dpp x 344.44% - 473.6 damage per pip benefit
Ice - 91.25 dpp x 390.48% ice blade - 356.3 damage per pip benefit

As you can see... though the multiplier is lower, Storm enjoys a much larger boost anyway. The more important bit is that this compares 3 multipliers which took three rounds to achieve. With a gear boost of 67% and only a stormblade, storm is already at 117.1% damage boost where ice at the same level gear and an ice blade is only 87.6%. Hopefully, you can see why the different size school specific boosts are mitigated by lower damage per pip and gear damage boost but if not, I'd be happy to discuss in further detail. There are other mitigating factors as well and I would also be happy to discuss those should you have more questions.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
stormninja542 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
I appreciate the fact you have answered my question but I am still a bit confused as to why they must have better damage boosters. They naturally have the most health and the gear gives the most health and resist, so why should it matter if their spells naturally do the least amount of damage and their gear gives the least amount of damage and critical? Storm naturally has the strongest spells and gear with the most damage and critical but yet they don't get a boost like ice regardless of the fact they naturally have the lowest health and their gear gives the least amount of health, resist, and block rating. This is exactly why I believe ice is favored.
it because storm is stronger then any other school sure there heath is week there block rating not the best but as they level up they get better and more powerful and they become the strongest school on the game it can cut threw ice blocks like there nothing and steel over kill us and why they dont get boost traps like are is because storm is not as weak as ice i mean were so weak if we didnt have traps like that or boost we would not even make a dent in a high lvl heath that why we blade boost are spell and trap so much so we can at lest make a good hit on another player we are not powerful so we need bigger boost then moost schools storm is dose not because it more in power so it can hit as harder then ice even if ice had on one blade and trap storm steel hit harder because it stronger and as storm get higher lvl they get more damage and critical boost when ice has to fight it self just to get any good resistance with a little critical and are critical block is not that great so just take my word for these ice is not favored ice is having a hard e ought time as it is trying to get better resistance and a little damage to help them ice is fighting to pvp right now because it so hard and every other school is stronger
ice wizard level 95

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
36
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
has ALWAYS had the advantage when it comes to pvp stats. No question about it. They're the most defensive.

has been the favored school for quite some time now.

Moderately easy immunity.

Lord of Winter.

Like I need to say more about being handed everything the last couple years.

should have better resist but not Immunity and still fairly high attack. That part is too much, yes.
well, I know this seems selfish but as I am ice, i think it is fair as they have a big disadvantage when it comes to strong attacks. you need a ward and a trap to make spells work well and so i think it's fair they have large criticals.

Kaitlyn Ironhammer, level 46 Thaumaturge ()

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
In my opinion, ice is not one of the most favored schools.
How could you say King's Isle favors ice? They're just trying to make up for the fact that you guys have terrible attacks.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
393
yes, ice is a defensive school. and it does not mean it is the best, it is just good at pvp and defending. like fire has lots of over time damage and storm has strongest damage and death does damage and you get health back and life can heal and use absorbs an myth can summon lots of minions and balance can do lots of spells that have to do with other schools (mostly elemental) plus balance can do a lot of weakness blades. so no school is really the best.

1