Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How does intellect work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2009
I got an item today that has +2 intellect/intelligence. (don't remember which it is called).

I looked through the in-game guide and there is no explaination for it or it's symbol (yellow circle inside of a yellow square). How does it benefit your character? It doesn't seem to directly effect your mana pool, so how is it beneficial?

Survivor
May 11, 2009
I just checked, the item is called: "Signet of Intellect"

It is +2%

Again, anyone know how intellect benefits your character? Just trying to figure out whether or not the item is worth keeping.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
This item has confused people before. There is no stat called intellect; "Intellect" is just part of the name of the item. If I remember correctly, this is a ring that gives you an increased chance of getting power (yellow) pips during battle. Look at your character screen and note your power pip chance (make sure to take off any other ring first). Then put on the new item and look again - you should see a higher chance of getting a power pip. The icon for power pip is a glowing yellow circle - see if that appears on the item description right after the + percentage.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
On this web site, go:

About the game -> Player's guide -> Clothing and equipment.

It will tell you everything you need to know. It took a fair bit of searching to find this myself, and I only happened to find it because I was trying to figure out what fizzles were...

I feel that fizzles and the different types of gear stats could be better explained in-game. There's EXCELLENT tutorials on card types in game, but they leave you out in the cold in terms of gear bonuses and fizzles in the game and it takes alot of searching on the web site to find out for yourself.