Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing! Which is the best house?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
'ello mates!

I'm level 33, still in Marlybone, and I love the idea of an awesome English type house. I have about 10,000 gold at the moment, but I can get more quickly. I am also a death Wizard, which makes it convinent if your really into that School + Clothes Colors + House World stuff. (30k gold)

But then I realized that MooSho Was perfect! It has a nice outside, and (hopefully) a nice inside. I think its 40k gold though, so thats a downside.

Anyways, I want to know which type of house I should get. I am not limited to these two, but these are the ones I have a great intrest in. Wizard city is also nice at like 15k, so i may consider that, and I have also watched a video about the large Krokotopia house, which seemed really cool with its semi-secreat places and lakes. At the moment i'm favoring Marlybone. Large houses intrest me way more than small ones, but If you think smalls better I can consider.

What I want

-Nice, large house with many rooms and staircases
-Intresting outside house with alot of room
-Many cool small passage ways and intresting areas that are hidden (such as a small lake off to the side of the map or the tall platform in large krok.

Thanks! Please post your favorite and why, and then suggest for me, well, you don't have to.... But...... :-) Please help! Thanks again!

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
I have the cheapest house available because I don't have a lot of stuff and it's fine for now. The other house I liked was the larger desert hut because the interior waterfall chamber is cool. I didn't like either of the Marlybone houses. I've not seen inside Mooshu yet. But I suggest you friend people with the houses you want to see and ask them to let you look around theirs, so you can see what they look like.

I wish they'd add a section where you can look at pics of the house interiors and surrounding property so we could be more certain of what we are buying.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
a big cheap house that i like better then the mooshu one is the bigest wizard city house LOVE IT

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Jimbabalo wrote:
'ello mates!

I'm level 33, still in Marlybone, and I love the idea of an awesome English type house. I have about 10,000 gold at the moment, but I can get more quickly. I am also a death Wizard, which makes it convinent if your really into that School + Clothes Colors + House World stuff. (30k gold)

But then I realized that MooSho Was perfect! It has a nice outside, and (hopefully) a nice inside. I think its 40k gold though, so thats a downside.

Anyways, I want to know which type of house I should get. I am not limited to these two, but these are the ones I have a great intrest in. Wizard city is also nice at like 15k, so i may consider that, and I have also watched a video about the large Krokotopia house, which seemed really cool with its semi-secreat places and lakes. At the moment i'm favoring Marlybone. Large houses intrest me way more than small ones, but If you think smalls better I can consider.

What I want

-Many cool small passage ways and intresting areas that are hidden (such as a small lake off to the side of the map or the tall platform in large krok.

Thanks! Please post your favorite and why, and then suggest for me, well, you don't have to.... But...... :-) Please help! Thanks again!

8)
You don't want much, huh? I tried all Houses from WC to Mooshu, and explored one of the DS Houses, too, during Test Realm....

Nice, large house with many rooms and staircases?
The only way to go there is the "Royal Estate" in Marleybone, a massive multi-level house with two sections, a sizable greenhouse, and a semi-hidden Basement area almost the size of the default Dorm Room. Its very costly, largest MB option in fact; but if you have the Gold to burn and an eye for decorations, it gives a lot of Bling for your coin...

-Intresting outside house with alot of room?
Well, there's actually 2 Options that fits that bill: The WC "Wooded Mansion", which has a flowing river, outdoor Theater, several large picnic areas, and even a small beach-like area. The House is well laid-out, too, with 2 or 3 levels in a compact layout.

In Mooshu, you could try the "Imperial (something; I forgot)", a massive compound with multi-tiered areas suitable for a lot of stuff, the House being also well-designed with a number of rooms usable as mini galleries. Not Cheap, but very pretty anyway...

Many cool small passage ways and intresting areas that are hidden?
Undeniably, the best in this area is the larger of the Krok-World Houses, which sports a river fed from a cave, that has a winding tomb-like passage, leading up to your very own KrokoSphinx! There's also a few structures that promise a lot of creative possibilities, and the House is 2 floors with a sun-deck. This is the larger Krok-House, BTW; The Oasis was cute, but too small in my opinion.....

Hope that helps....

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 40, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")
8)

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
I think I am going to go with smaller MooShu, its cheap, and interesting.

Thanks for posting

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Jimbabalo wrote:
I think I am going to go with smaller MooShu, its cheap, and interesting.

Thanks for posting

8)
You're welcome....

Yes; It was rather charming, I admit. Myself, I'll eventually buy the small (and managable) Wooded Cottage in WC, the smaller of the pair. I'm no interior / exterior decorator; and I don't have that many friends, either. The Wooded Cottage is just perfect for me....

But I still think a DS House would serve you better, regardless of the huge price tag....

8)

Survivor
May 23, 2009
NeoStar wrote:
Jimbabalo wrote:
'ello mates!

What I want

8)
You don't want much, huh? I tried all Houses from WC to Mooshu, and explored one of the DS Houses, too, during Test Realm....

Nice, large house with many rooms and staircases?
The only way to go there is the "Royal Estate" in Marleybone, a massive multi-level house with two sections, a sizable greenhouse, and a semi-hidden Basement area almost the size of the default Dorm Room. Its very costly, largest MB option in fact; but if you have the Gold to burn and an eye for decorations, it gives a lot of Bling for your coin...

-Intresting outside house with alot of room?
Well, there's actually 2 Options that fits that bill: The WC "Wooded Mansion", which has a flowing river, outdoor Theater, several large picnic areas, and even a small beach-like area. The House is well laid-out, too, with 2 or 3 levels in a compact layout.

In Mooshu, you could try the "Imperial (something; I forgot)", a massive compound with multi-tiered areas suitable for a lot of stuff, the House being also well-designed with a number of rooms usable as mini galleries. Not Cheap, but very pretty anyway...

Many cool small passage ways and intresting areas that are hidden?
Undeniably, the best in this area is the larger of the Krok-World Houses, which sports a river fed from a cave, that has a winding tomb-like passage, leading up to your very own KrokoSphinx! There's also a few structures that promise a lot of creative possibilities, and the House is 2 floors with a sun-deck. This is the larger Krok-House, BTW; The Oasis was cute, but too small in my opinion.....

Hope that helps....

8)

Wc sounds interesting, Do you happen to know the price?:O

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Lsbdjr wrote:

Wc sounds interesting, Do you happen to know the price?:O

8)
"Wooded Cottage" (smallest) is 8,000 Gold; The larger one ("Wooded Mansion", I guess) is about 15,00 Gold.

BTW, look around the Spiral as you Quest. The clever rascals at KingsIsle has hidden unique House Furnishings everywhere. Here's the few in WC I know about:

"Lnyx Gazer" (a picture)
: its hanging on the wall in the Myth School, to the right of dear "Mr Personality" himself.

"Small Anchored Door" (a door, duh)
: You find this in the Pet Shop, to the right of the counter.

"Brain in a Jar" (self-describing)
: This is in Stormdrain Tower, on the desk behind Lord Nightshade.

Enjoy the scavenger hunt; I sure am.....

8)

Defender
May 15, 2009
PeteWhite wrote:
I wish they'd add a section where you can look at pics of the house interiors and surrounding property so we could be more certain of what we are buying.

Yes, a "Tour" button at the vendor would be very useful to decide how to spend one's life savings.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Jimbabalo wrote:
'ello mates!

What I want

Well to be honest there really is not a house that has a Nice, large area with many rooms and staircases, a intresting outside with a lot of room, and many cool small passage ways and intresting areas that are hidden (such as a small lake off to the side of the map or the tall platform in large krok.
But almost every house has at least one of those options.
The Big Krok one has hidden areas all around the place with a small lake in a cave.
The Big Marleybone one has many rooms and staircases. And a small to middle size outdoor space.
The Big Mooshu one has lots and lots of outdoor space, but a little inside space.
So it depends what you like most. Hope this helped 8)