Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Highest Damage Schools

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
What are the schools ranked from highest to least? I saw another thread but they all said different things, like how Ice was above Death, yet I'm pretty sure Ice is the school with the least damage. Can maybe, a moderator answer to set things straight?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Fable Finder on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
What are the schools ranked from highest to least? I saw another thread but they all said different things, like how Ice was above Death, yet I'm pretty sure Ice is the school with the least damage. Can maybe, a moderator answer to set things straight?
Storm is by far the highest damage. The lowest is probably life as it's supposed to be the healing school.

However it's impossible to rank the schools the way you want because:

Damage is modified by the blades and traps and other boosts you put on them. A myth wizard, for example, that uses every possible blade and trap (myth blade, sharpen myth blade, spirit blades, sharpen spirit blade, balance blade, blade storm, treasure blades, pet blades and so on) will do vastly more damage than one that just uses a myh blade and a myth trap.

Ice does a huge amount of damage but remember that ice cracks things apart slowly as it expands. Fire burns them down over time. Storm sends a bolt of lighting to blast things apart. That's real life and the schools are designed pretty well to imitate that.

You're a storm wizard, I've seen other posts from you, but I'm starting to think you need someone to teach you how to play storm correctly.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I mean base damage how they're ranked.

What do you think I'm doing wrong?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Storm has the highest damage, with Fire a close second. Ice is the lowest, with all the others somewhere in between.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Storm is the highest damage, but is a close second. But to help you, take a look at the spectral blast spell. It can deal 440 power, 365 power, or 550 power, which is the most. That can tell alot, like how is the least powerful of all the elemental schools, but that doesnt make it the least powerful of all the schools. It also tells is the most powerful. The least powerful school is , because it is meant mostly to heal, not attack, like crystalwizard said. school would be right in the middle because its all the schools basically.

This is the order of "powerfulness" that I think it would be

You can also take a look at the lvl 42 spell compared to the life lvl 33 spell. (lvl 33 because lvl 42 spell isnt an attack spell)

lvl 33 spell~centaur~515~595 damage
lvl 42 spell~stormzilla~650~730 damage

= most powerful

Heather StarSong lvl 60

Survivor
Jan 09, 2016
For damage this is approximate the order.

1. Storm
2. Fire
3. Myth
4. Balance/Death
5. Life/Ice

This is how it is for the rank 1-3 spells. After that, and spells with specials affects start to come into play changing the amount of damage done per pip. For instance Scarecrow does 400 to all enemies and drains, but frost giant does 475 to all and stuns. Storm does 690 to all and stuns. These spells seem very weak compared to Orthrus's double hit doing 700, but those are all enemy spells that do more damage total if there are four enemies as opposed to one.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Thanks for responding but here's the thing what happened in the other thread. Everyone agrees on Storm being the strongest and Life the weakest but different people say different things about the middle so that's the confusing part for me. I appreciate the responses and you trying to help but I'm not sure who's right. I could see the most popular opinion but I don't know if that would be accurate or not.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Fable Finder on Mar 28, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for responding but here's the thing what happened in the other thread. Everyone agrees on Storm being the strongest and Life the weakest but different people say different things about the middle so that's the confusing part for me. I appreciate the responses and you trying to help but I'm not sure who's right. I could see the most popular opinion but I don't know if that would be accurate or not.
Its not about how accurate it is. Im sure KI meant for there to be a "more powerful" school than another school, but we can never tell for sure which one it is. Its all about your own opinion, because even if KI told us which school was meant to be the most powerful and the least powerful, KI couldnt change our opinion. The only way our opinion could change would be the way we looked and observed the damage, usefulness, etc. in a different light. Everyones opinion will be different, so its not about whos right and whos wrong, or which is the most "accurate."

Heather StarSong lvl 63

Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
OK I don't know what all these people are talking about but this is pretty much the order by base damage:

4. or

Ice is actually the weakest school, having most of the time spells that do less damage than Life's spells, as well as getting the smallest amount of damage boost from gear. Balance and Death are sort of tied, but I would think Death is a little weaker than balance only because death does less damage because of drain spells/steal health spells, but I'm not sure about the damage boost from gear for them. The rest doesn't require explanation.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
omagicspells on Mar 28, 2016 wrote:
Its not about how accurate it is. Im sure KI meant for there to be a "more powerful" school than another school, but we can never tell for sure which one it is. Its all about your own opinion, because even if KI told us which school was meant to be the most powerful and the least powerful, KI couldnt change our opinion. The only way our opinion could change would be the way we looked and observed the damage, usefulness, etc. in a different light. Everyones opinion will be different, so its not about whos right and whos wrong, or which is the most "accurate."

Heather StarSong lvl 63
I'm talking about pure damage. The strongest to weakest school based on base damage.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
sharktrexer on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
OK I don't know what all these people are talking about but this is pretty much the order by base damage:

4. or

Ice is actually the weakest school, having most of the time spells that do less damage than Life's spells, as well as getting the smallest amount of damage boost from gear. Balance and Death are sort of tied, but I would think Death is a little weaker than balance only because death does less damage because of drain spells/steal health spells, but I'm not sure about the damage boost from gear for them. The rest doesn't require explanation.
You were pretty spot on if my new theory is correct. Do you think it is? It can be found at the Wizard101.com link below.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/schools-with-the-highest-damage-8ad6a414557c563001558bbeaa8c523e?page=1

Explorer
Oct 12, 2010
omagicspells on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:
Storm is the highest damage, but is a close second. But to help you, take a look at the spectral blast spell. It can deal 440 power, 365 power, or 550 power, which is the most. That can tell alot, like how is the least powerful of all the elemental schools, but that doesnt make it the least powerful of all the schools. It also tells is the most powerful. The least powerful school is , because it is meant mostly to heal, not attack, like crystalwizard said. school would be right in the middle because its all the schools basically.

This is the order of "powerfulness" that I think it would be

You can also take a look at the lvl 42 spell compared to the life lvl 33 spell. (lvl 33 because lvl 42 spell isnt an attack spell)

lvl 33 spell~centaur~515~595 damage
lvl 42 spell~stormzilla~650~730 damage

= most powerful

Heather StarSong lvl 60
Are you saying Storms are "Broken"? Storms aren't even close, I'd say Death can be way more powerful. Storms have the lowest amount of accuracy and health. Once you get out of low level, you grow out of the accuracy problem, but your health will always be lower than the rest. I was pvping with a couple of my friends not to long ago, and out of them I was the worst one there. I have decent gear too.
It all depends on gear and pets. Not to mention, Deaths have a decent amount of damage, and a far better blade than Storms .

Also, Fires have the 2nd most damage, then comes Myth

~Mark Shadowcloud, level 110 Storm~
~Reed Goldenblade, level 56 Balance~