Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help☺

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2017
So I am a 87 level storm and i can not come up with a good deck and gear set up and as a result I am struggling especially in boss fights..I am currenly wearing waterworks gear with eclipse spear of azteca (wand) badgers claw (athame) armigers amulet of aiming (amulet) crystal caverose(ring).Can you suggest me a good deck - gear setup for my level?Thank you!

Logan WaterRider

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The emoticon in your thread subject is cute :P

Now, on to the issue at hand.

Let's dissect your gear first.

I'll firstly recommend you give crafted gear a try as they are a huge upgrade from your current waterworks gear.
To assist, I'll elaborate about the exact pieces I'm referring to.

Hat - Visit Lewelyn in Dun Dora, Avalon and purchase the hat Woodland Tribal Hood recipe. The hat in particular provides good boost to your critical rating among other key stats.

Robe - Again, another crafted piece, Maguey Century Cat in Floating Land, Azteca has the Royal Storm Tunic of Azteca which is an excellent robe for Diviners. I highly suggest it.

Shoes - If you've a few crowns to spare, I suggest tossing a few at the Professor Hoard's Pack for your very own professor's shoes. If not, the Waterworks one can suffice.

Athame - Try crafting the Courtly Dirk or purchasing the level 56+ school only one from the Bazaar.

Ring - Likewise, the level 56+ school only one from the bazaar can work (Amethyst Ring of Battle) or the Deep Water Rising Ring.

Wand - Until you get to level 90, any wand providing decent critical can suffice.

Amulet - I highly suggest using an amulet granting a school blade.

Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Now that you've an idea of your gear and where to get them, we can speak about your deck and the cards that you should have in them.

As Diviners, we've no time to be prolonging any battle. Our ultimate goal is to have our opponents dropping through the sigil as quick as possible.

Now, how do we do that?

Well, we emphasize and use our strengths. What's that you ask? Well, our Power! That is, our high damage and critical traits to our advantages.

To effectively do this, along with great gear, we need a great deck.

So, as an archmage, I suggest:

Two decks (optional) - I place optional here because you can just use one deck and add a few tweaks to it depending on your opponent you're about to face OR, have two decks, one for boss battles, another for basic mob fights.

Mob Deck - The purpose of this deck is to provide all you need to end the battle in quick fashion. Hence, you probably only need a few Stormblades, Elemental Blades, Enchants (Colossal, Sharpen & Potent Traps). Also, one or two feints, two Krakens, a Lightning Bat, couple Tempests alongside Storm Lords. Sirens and anything higher isn't necessary as the pip consumption is too much unless the opponents needs it. Toss a Healing Current or two as well.

Boss Deck - This deck is designed to prolong your survivability while still having the necessities to end the battle in good fashion. With the addition of everything above included, you may need a few shields, fortify and TC Storm and Elemental Blades alongside Feints and maybe Darkwind.

Also, remember to try to be prepared and if you're in a tough Boss Battle, try going first.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2017
Thank you so much!I mean...You like saved the day today ..Especially with the deck setup because i used to only use high pips spells...siren etc. (He is my first character so i dont have much of experience). Thank you Merry Christmas!