Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

getting muted (how to prevent it)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
i've been muted in the passed and am truley ashamed, since then i have been playing the game like people are supposed to play it, i would like to say, if you get muted or banned, theres always a reason why, and if you do nothing bad, nothing bad will happen to you, thanks kingsile for making a great game enjoyed by many :)

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
I don't think most people are careful to use appropriate language to not prevent themselves from being banned cause there are usually ways to get around it. Also I think people really only get muted when somebody is reported but I'm not sure.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
collin c on Mar 25, 2013 wrote:
i've been muted in the passed and am truley ashamed, since then i have been playing the game like people are supposed to play it, i would like to say, if you get muted or banned, theres always a reason why, and if you do nothing bad, nothing bad will happen to you, thanks kingsile for making a great game enjoyed by many :)
this, all the way.

f you do get muted, take a cue from this young man here~ to err is human, but many muted players go on to become productive and friendly members of the spiral the second time around. mistakes are only mistakes if you don't learn from them.

-von

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
I have open chat and i never got muted. It's simple. Don't swear!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I think what a lot of people don't realize is, swearing isn't the only reason a person may be muted. Bullying, harassment, lewd words, racist remarks, talking about drugs, personal information, are just some examples that can get a person muted or even banned.