Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friendly Dragon

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
I was wondering if the person who gets the player to join up for a year also gets a friendly dragon. Can not remember.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
No, only the person who joins gets the friendly dragon. My friend invited me to Wizard 101 thinking that they'd get a dragon, but only I got one. I don't really see an incentive for me to recommend friends, as I'd personally rather have unique pets than crowns as a reward for referring my friends.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
yes I too agree. I only got this friend to join so I would get a dragon. Since my Beta dragon is of no use. Since I finished my character and if I delete her I loose my dragon. Not a nice thank you gift I would say for KI. I gift that can be deleted because you play the game so much and have used up your 5 students.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
I have to admit that for signing up for a whole year you would think that KI would have given me some sort of special pet/item or even some free crowns for the 1 year membership. But alas, what I got was what I paid for........ a 1 year membership; nothing more nothing less.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
It seems a little bit unfair to the people who were here after beta but were not invited by someone else that they are not able to get a pet dragon with a card.

Lets say you are a little kid who just joined. Your playing around a bit and your reach say level 5, your thinking "this is a fun game, I think I will invite some of my friends." You notice that you can get crowns for inviting your friends so you fill out the form and your friends join, only you notice that your friend has a cool dragon that gives him a card to help him in battle. You wonder how he got it and try to find out how to get one yourself, only to learn that you technically gave your friend the pet by inviting him to join. Now you arent very happy about this, because you really want the pet as well but you can never get one unless you quit and someone invites you.

Why cant the person who invites their friends get the option to take either the pet dragon or the crowns? I understand that they dont want to give the higher people the double bonus that they give to the people that were invited because they want them to be able to catch up to thier friends. Honestly though what kind of friend would I be if I didnt help the friend I invited to reach the same level as myself before going on?

If they dont go with this suggestion, they should at least allow players to buy the dragon from zeke for crowns.