Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fleeing battles ~ leaving extra enemies

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 10, 2011
187
Hi, I have recently got to Avalon, and the battles are much harder than zafaria. I usually end up with a few hundred health after each battle. What I have noticed a lot and its really annoying me, is when people find you soloing a battle, they join you on purpose. Most of the time, I just think they came here to help. But once they get into battle, they flee without even making a move. It leaves extra enemies, which makes the battle even harder. I wanted to report them, but first, in battle, you can't click on anyone's name. Second, I was afraid it might be a false report. But I can't seem to find a way to stop this from happening. Its really annoying, and it makes me take a lot longer on my quests. Can someone please help?

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Level 74 Fire

Explorer
Nov 04, 2012
65
i've experienced it mysely even though i'm not there yet i know how it feels - but once i did it and learned not to do it again because i needed help later but the guy who i was ( ACCIDENTALY ) fighting with just walked on and so i eventually got defeated and Learned my lesson so you people who continue to do it don't because it could backfire on you later so if you do not want what happened in my story to happen to you don't do it

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
iSwag1234567890 on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
Hi, I have recently got to Avalon, and the battles are much harder than zafaria. I usually end up with a few hundred health after each battle. What I have noticed a lot and its really annoying me, is when people find you soloing a battle, they join you on purpose. Most of the time, I just think they came here to help. But once they get into battle, they flee without even making a move. It leaves extra enemies, which makes the battle even harder. I wanted to report them, but first, in battle, you can't click on anyone's name. Second, I was afraid it might be a false report. But I can't seem to find a way to stop this from happening. Its really annoying, and it makes me take a lot longer on my quests. Can someone please help?

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Level 74 Fire
Im sorry this is happening but they have no way to control it. Best thing you can do is set you deck up to be ready if this happens. This happens to me alot also, Its just really ignorant people.
Ive also had people flee when i join then come back to bring in the 3rd mob then flee again lol. But they really get mad when they come back to watch and i already blasted the 3.
Just try as best you can to be ready for additional mobs.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
77
I do agree it is annoying....

Its kinda like when KingsIsle said to most of Grandmasters back before CL update...."ChainStunning is very much allowed, if you dont like it too bad..."

paraphrasing of course there....they actually said something like 'we see the issue and though we can't see punishing it we will work to fix it"....took them MANY MANY MANY MANY months...its just backburner stuff i guess to them.

I do agree though that People fleeing is annoying. I have been in some matches where a Player Joins and instantly disappears...other times they just sit there or worse...

Places like Waterworks they join the dungeon but dont join battles. I leave the dungeon cause i dont like players being noob but yeah...

Another thing that still needs to be addressed is with PVP fleeing. It should be againt the rules to leave battle...Flee and Quit shouldnt be options to be used in PVP.

KingsIsle...you have work to do...

I would like to suggest in a case like this that a new button were added to fights. Players that enter and leave 'RUDELY' mind ya...are reported by this button. the Battle info is put in the report automatically and the player account is put under notice so to speak. If a player is known to flee the battles in such cases as eric123456789028, myself, and I am sure many others I am sure have wittnessed they should get in some form of trouble. Its cruelty towards fellow Wizards MAINLY in Avalon and Azteca. It was never really an issue before Azteca at least in my case...but it should be a problem to KI.

Leeching and Fleeing....its very wrong. And could PVP be fixed so people cant leave game and return for no consequences and even more. People do get Disconnected at times for a minute or 2. Most i have had the pleasure to PVP with can get back in in no time at all. Fix it. I would hate to be one of the players that got disconnected and felt like i ditched me friends. Its uncalled for. Anyways....

Best wishes to the post..

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
76
Wow, I have been finding the same thing. It seems to happen more often to me in Avalon than it did previously. It makes me want to scream. I only hope this is not on purpose and not done to be mean. I wish there was something that can be done, the only thing I can think of is that I too flee and lose the time, energy, treasure cards etc. that I have already used. I hope KI responds with some ideas for how to stop this unwizardly behavior.

Sarai Thundergrove, Transcendent Pyromancer

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
BLSKis1 on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
I do agree it is annoying....

Its kinda like when KingsIsle said to most of Grandmasters back before CL update...."ChainStunning is very much allowed, if you dont like it too bad..."

paraphrasing of course there....they actually said something like 'we see the issue and though we can't see punishing it we will work to fix it"....took them MANY MANY MANY MANY months...its just backburner stuff i guess to them.

I do agree though that People fleeing is annoying. I have been in some matches where a Player Joins and instantly disappears...other times they just sit there or worse...

Places like Waterworks they join the dungeon but dont join battles. I leave the dungeon cause i dont like players being noob but yeah...

Another thing that still needs to be addressed is with PVP fleeing. It should be againt the rules to leave battle...Flee and Quit shouldnt be options to be used in PVP.

KingsIsle...you have work to do...

I would like to suggest in a case like this that a new button were added to fights. Players that enter and leave 'RUDELY' mind ya...are reported by this button. the Battle info is put in the report automatically and the player account is put under notice so to speak. If a player is known to flee the battles in such cases as eric123456789028, myself, and I am sure many others I am sure have wittnessed they should get in some form of trouble. Its cruelty towards fellow Wizards MAINLY in Avalon and Azteca. It was never really an issue before Azteca at least in my case...but it should be a problem to KI.

Leeching and Fleeing....its very wrong. And could PVP be fixed so people cant leave game and return for no consequences and even more. People do get Disconnected at times for a minute or 2. Most i have had the pleasure to PVP with can get back in in no time at all. Fix it. I would hate to be one of the players that got disconnected and felt like i ditched me friends. Its uncalled for. Anyways....

Best wishes to the post..
I think a problem with your suggestion may be that it would be abused. Rude people would just start reporting for no reason just to be a thorn in the side.
But i would like it if they could implement something into the game for people doing these actions of fleeing on purpose.
Some of these type of people will come back to watch you getting pounded so the best thing to do is be ready and hold your own because that will discourage them and make them angry which is quite funny when that happens.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
77
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
I think a problem with your suggestion may be that it would be abused. Rude people would just start reporting for no reason just to be a thorn in the side.
But i would like it if they could implement something into the game for people doing these actions of fleeing on purpose.
Some of these type of people will come back to watch you getting pounded so the best thing to do is be ready and hold your own because that will discourage them and make them angry which is quite funny when that happens.
No they wouldn't actually. Abusing Reporting Systems is also defined by most game companies as "gives you demerits" as well.

In all honesty i dont expect much to come out of anything unless your a whiny little baby noob that can't handle say the Cheating bosses in CL before they were Slapped by KI and their cheats were removed. It was even a side quest for goodness sakes.

The real problem really is...Game Companies/staff/employees/someone other than the players don't really listen to players with valid concerns or even brilliant ideas.

Take this Post. The player has a very valid argument for an employment of changes.

Maybe the change should be If players leave, are disconnected, or inactive in the fight(meaning will not use their pips or pass for say 5 rounds or do nothing but pass for say 10 rounds. Enemies will literally DISAPPEAR. Maybe the Life reduced to extra mobs that disappeared was transfered to the left standing mobs lowering the life of the mobs that manage to stay in battle but still follow the 4 max mobs code so people couldn't just zero out mobs by abusing it.

Perhaps the change should be players that continuously FLEE and get reported legitimately should have their membership revoked for 2 days, or the World revoked for 2 days for crown users like myself and even lead up to Ban for just being totally rediculous. The ban happens for players that abuse the current reporting system and violating rules so why can't excessive rudeness by way of cruelty towards people in battles. It should also count in PVP for players that flee battles that arent done. Sure the player alive might only have 100 life left but it doesnt mean the game is over. The match can always turn around even though it seems unlikely, but fleeing, quitting, Lack of help and so on only makes the fights in pvp or worlds harder if not IMPOSSIBLE.

You may think what you really want...but there are players unlike myself or you(as you clearly defined 'players should hold your own to discourage it') and aren't quite as good as they should be or even this Might be their very first game and aren't up to speed 'Gamer xp' wise. There is never a reason to force the player to discourage it for there will only ever be a few players that will try and help the game company.

There will always be players and that is MANY MANY MANY players that are just not up to the callenge. Encouraging players to buck up and show up the noobs that do things such as this is not effective enough and having more than 24 years now of Gaming xp and over 14 years of Online gaming xp I know there are many players that just arent at the level of gaming I or yourself are at(as you defined 'Players should hold their own to discourage this kinda of stuff')

I know those last few paragraphs were kinda targetting you but it wasn't fully meant to. I had just meant to clarify a few facts. As i might say....Not everyone is an experienced player or might be young and lack understanding.

anyways BLSK

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
BLSKis1 on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
No they wouldn't actually. Abusing Reporting Systems is also defined by most game companies as "gives you demerits" as well.

In all honesty i dont expect much to come out of anything unless your a whiny little baby noob that can't handle say the Cheating bosses in CL before they were Slapped by KI and their cheats were removed. It was even a side quest for goodness sakes.

The real problem really is...Game Companies/staff/employees/someone other than the players don't really listen to players with valid concerns or even brilliant ideas.

Take this Post. The player has a very valid argument for an employment of changes.

Maybe the change should be If players leave, are disconnected, or inactive in the fight(meaning will not use their pips or pass for say 5 rounds or do nothing but pass for say 10 rounds. Enemies will literally DISAPPEAR. Maybe the Life reduced to extra mobs that disappeared was transfered to the left standing mobs lowering the life of the mobs that manage to stay in battle but still follow the 4 max mobs code so people couldn't just zero out mobs by abusing it.

Perhaps the change should be players that continuously FLEE and get reported legitimately should have their membership revoked for 2 days, or the World revoked for 2 days for crown users like myself and even lead up to Ban for just being totally rediculous. The ban happens for players that abuse the current reporting system and violating rules so why can't excessive rudeness by way of cruelty towards people in battles. It should also count in PVP for players that flee battles that arent done. Sure the player alive might only have 100 life left but it doesnt mean the game is over. The match can always turn around even though it seems unlikely, but fleeing, quitting, Lack of help and so on only makes the fights in pvp or worlds harder if not IMPOSSIBLE.

You may think what you really want...but there are players unlike myself or you(as you clearly defined 'players should hold your own to discourage it') and aren't quite as good as they should be or even this Might be their very first game and aren't up to speed 'Gamer xp' wise. There is never a reason to force the player to discourage it for there will only ever be a few players that will try and help the game company.

There will always be players and that is MANY MANY MANY players that are just not up to the callenge. Encouraging players to buck up and show up the noobs that do things such as this is not effective enough and having more than 24 years now of Gaming xp and over 14 years of Online gaming xp I know there are many players that just arent at the level of gaming I or yourself are at(as you defined 'Players should hold their own to discourage this kinda of stuff')

I know those last few paragraphs were kinda targetting you but it wasn't fully meant to. I had just meant to clarify a few facts. As i might say....Not everyone is an experienced player or might be young and lack understanding.

anyways BLSK
This is true to an extent. But this is the same reason KI wont implement the boot button in the game.
And yes people will abuse it and yes they will get (or should get) reprimanded for these actions but as everyone is still getting false reported shows it doesnt stop it from happening.

Yes some are not as experienced and thats understood. But i didnt mean my post as to buck up your game, I meant it as if and when it happens to be ready for it so you dont feed the ignorance.

I think there are to many problems that will occur and thats why KI isnt doing anything about it yet. Like you mentioned about disconnecting or BSOD or whatever would make an excuse of the issue.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
A couple times when people have fled on me I immediately fled too, which took me to the same common area in the same realm. I approached them and politely asked why they fled, only once did the person get nasty so I reported. The other cases I think they were surprised or confused that I had found them. Once I stayed quiet and followed the person, who was vastly underleveled. He jumped into another battle. I lost interest and left.