Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzle!....AGAIN!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
csmeat wrote:
RoloX2 wrote:
csmeat wrote:
I also believe you shouldn't lose mana since you never actually cast the spell.

You don't lose your mana; therefore, you could cast a more powerful spell next turn....assuming you didn't gamble and lose.

Actually it does take your mana. Ive checked it multiple times.

I agree but I think the reasoning is. You use Mana to create the spell. When it fizzles you were not successful with casting said spell.
If you think of it as a potion it might make more sense.
You always use up your ingredients when you make a potion but your not always successful with the end result of the potions.
Yet once you use the ingredients they are gone even if the potion failed.
I think it's the same reasoning with spells and mana. Fizzle is basically your wizard failing to get the spell just right.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Alright now I notice that something IS wrong. At first I thought it was because my spells have a 10% chance of fizzling but it's more than that. I'm a Life wizard and I fizzle a lot. Nature's Wraith, Satyr, Leprechaun and Seraph fizzle quite a bit for me.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Well, as a life wizard my spells have been fizzling a lot lately but not two times in a row.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Sometimes I notice that when I cast a spell repeatedly, it fizzles every time. It may just be that the accuracy rate is low, such as in the case of a storm wizard, but when I switch to, say, scorpion, I find myself scoring hits almost every time. It may be a coincidence that different schools of spells don't work against some enemies, but this has happened too often for me to think that is true.