Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Exclusive item

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I'm a little confused regarding the exclusive Wizard 101 in game item. Do we get the code if we buy the April/May issue, or if we subscribe to the magazine for a full year?

Professor Greyrose said Codes can be obtained from the April/May issue of Beckett Massive Online Gamer magazine that is available in March.

But then the "find out more" link says that we get the item when we subscribe to the magazine for a full year."

Administrator
You're right, maybe that was a little confusing.

If you're already a Beckett Subscriber, you will receive your issue in the mail with the code for the staff.

If you are not a Beckett Subscriber and just want to buy the one issue, you can find a list of their retailers on the Beckett website. It's mostly CCG and comic book stores.

If you are not a Beckett Subscriber but want to be, you can go to the 'more info' link and subscribe. You will receive your code via email within a couple of days.*

Hope that helps and I apologize for any confusion.

*Correction - this previously stated immediately

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Gamma wrote:
You're right, maybe that was a little confusing.

If you're already a Beckett Subscriber, you will receive your issue in the mail with the code for the staff.

If you are not a Beckett Subscriber and just want to buy the one issue, you can find a list of their retailers on the Beckett website. It's mostly CCG and comic book stores.

If you are not a Beckett Subscriber but want to be, you can go to the 'more info' link and subscribe. You will receive your code immediately.

Hope that helps and I apologize for any confusion.

Is it correct that it is one code (one item) per account and we will be able to trade it? (I noticed in the test realm a few of the crown items were labeled 'No Trade')

Administrator
One item per code.
If you have more than one code, you can get more than one item.

You can choose which character to redeem the item on, and it can be traded between characters on your account in case you accidentally redeem it on the wrong character.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I subscribed to the Beckett Online gamer magazine earlier today, received the confirmation for my order, but never received a code for my in game item. I'm not sure how long a delay there should be as Gamma said If you are not a Beckett Subscriber but want to be, you can go to the 'more info' link and subscribe. You will receive your code immediately.

Administrator
My apology, 'immediately' should have been 'quickly' and I will change the wording to reflect that correction.
It will take a couple of days before you will get the code, keep checking your email.
I apologize for the confusion, it was not my intent to mis-inform you about the time frame.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
Okay I am confused how do I subcribe for the magazine?

And so when you subcribe for the Magazine you get the code in the mail right? :?

Administrator
Follow the link in the paragraph below to subscribe to Beckett. You can also purchase Beckett magazine on shelves in many retail stores.

Subscribe to Beckett Massive Online Gamer now and receive the Amaranthine Staff and future promotions!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Ok been 1 week and still on email from beck for my exclusive item. I try to send email back but it undelievable. I even try to call and i just get a run around, Call here call there. No one i talk to on the phone have no clue. I hope i get it soon or it be upset.

Administrator
I'm surprised you haven't received your code from Beckett.

Did you check the SPAM folder on your email that you gave to the Beckett website?

I'll look in to this and find out more.
Thank you for letting us know.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Yea nothing in my spam box, check to make sure I did not delete it. I know my order went thur because my credit card was charged. If you can get me a contact number that would be great or who to really talk to about it not their service center(they are clueless). They one time gave me their number to the CEO/Sales offices thinking i was going to buy ads for their mag. LOL.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Same here, I got the confirmation email on the 11th, but nothing else, the website said it could take up to 48 hours to get the code, 9 days now and nothing, and as for calling them? I cant even get anyone to answer the phone

Administrator
If you signed up for a Beckett subscription online through the link on our site, and haven't received your code, forward your confirmed subscription e-mail to MOG@beckett.com

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I finally received my code on the 6th day, after many, many emails. Some of my buddies who subscribed to the magazine on the same day as me has not received their codes either. One of the emails I received from customer service said that they were having some kind of problem getting the codes out.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
I am interested but finished with ds and I don't need kroktopia damage with no power pip. Is there a way I could save my code for the next item. Or is it like webkinz when its a signed a item.

Administrator
Orca the code is only good for this item, it can't be used in any future promotions.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Administrator
I'm happy to hear you got your code, but I'm so sorry it took so long for you.
Please feel free to let your friends know about what Professor Greyrose said to do in her post above this one.

Maybe there are just so many of our players getting the codes that they're overwhelmed!

karta78 wrote:
I finally received my code on the 6th day, after many, many emails. Some of my buddies who subscribed to the magazine on the same day as me has not received their codes either. One of the emails I received from customer service said that they were having some kind of problem getting the codes out.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Gamma wrote:
Orca the code is only good for this item, it can't be used in any future promotions.

So if I don't redeem it after the first 1000 people to buy the magazine code I wasted my money on a magazine?

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
If you signed up for a Beckett subscription online through the link on our site, and haven't received your code, forward your confirmed subscription e-mail to MOG@beckett.com

Well sent off email like you said. Being it a weeken guess i have to wait longer (9days and counting).

Administrator
Orca wrote:
So if I don't redeem it after the first 1000 people to buy the magazine code I wasted my money on a magazine?

No Orca, you own the code, it's good for one staff on one character.
You can redeem it now, or a year from now, it will always only be good for that one staff.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Gamma wrote:
Orca wrote:

No Orca, you own the code, it's good for one staff on one character.
You can redeem it now, or a year from now, it will always only be good for that one staff.

SPECIAL OFFER: The first 1,000 Wizard101 players who subscribe online to Beckett MASSIVE ONLINE GAMER today will be emailed an Wizard101 Key Code so that they can obtain their exclusive Amaranthine Staff. To claim this unique offer, Click HERE for the Wizard101 In-Game Item.

It says 1,000 people which I am assuming is the same for the code in the magazine.

Administrator
There are the printed magazine codes, and there are electronic codes given out to those who subscribe to Beckett through the link on our site.
The first 1000 people who subscribe to Beckett through the link on our site get the electronic code. This does not impact those with the codes in the printed magazine.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
what are the stats of the staff? does it give power pip?

I've already subscribed to the magazine and can't wait to get my codes. Just to confirm, I can trade the staff with my other characters once that feature has become available, correct?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I used the MOG email addy were we given and I was answered in about 2 days to correct the non-dilvery problem. Yeah!