Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dresses for guys? UGH

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
Idk who your outfit designers are but dresses for guys? Thats so wrong. Like some of the Zafaria outfits and others. Good thing we can stitch them.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Academy57 on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
Idk who your outfit designers are but dresses for guys? Thats so wrong. Like some of the Zafaria outfits and others. Good thing we can stitch them.
They're not dresses~ they're robes. And just because you don't like something doesn't make it wrong.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
It's not a dress, It's a tunic! xD

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
If that's a dress, so is what Obi-Wan wore in A New Hope. All jokes aside, it's more of a matter of personal preference. I'm not much of a robe person myself, (I much prefer armor and a sword) but I know some people are, and options are extremely important.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
the clothes are for everyone to wear. no one makes boys wear dresses, they just wear them. technically they arent really dresses (there are a few though). fyi no one makes you wear "dresses"!

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
Just because you don't like them doesn't let you complain !

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
Dr Von on Oct 21, 2012 wrote:
They're not dresses~ they're robes. And just because you don't like something doesn't make it wrong.
exactly,and thats just da ja vu.

Explorer
Feb 10, 2009
I didn't really mind them when I had them equipped for my Storm and Myth for a while. Then I got random people coming up to me and making fun of me for "wearing a dress".

Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
Whatever affects your character the best, I guess.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
it's called a cloak, or robe, only girls wear dresses

Survivor
Feb 26, 2013
Andrew SkyStrider on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
I didn't really mind them when I had them equipped for my Storm and Myth for a while. Then I got random people coming up to me and making fun of me for "wearing a dress".
Lol I feel bad for you.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I think of it as a kilt not a dress lol.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
I myself hate the cloaks. Not only do they seem way too much like a dress when worn (even though they aren't; I'm aware of that), but they're just plain tacky LOL. What sucks the most is that we've suddenly been getting a ton of these cloaks by the time Zafaria came.... The only cloak I've really liked is the celestial cloak and the waterworks cloak. Everything else, again, tacky xD

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
KorekuEternal on Mar 22, 2013 wrote:
I myself hate the cloaks. Not only do they seem way too much like a dress when worn (even though they aren't; I'm aware of that), but they're just plain tacky LOL. What sucks the most is that we've suddenly been getting a ton of these cloaks by the time Zafaria came.... The only cloak I've really liked is the celestial cloak and the waterworks cloak. Everything else, again, tacky xD
Haha this thread.. well if you don't like the gear then go get guardians for gold in the crowns shop. Even before I could stitch I wore these clothes when I wasn't in a battle.

Wolf Skullslinger, the proud wearer of commander's robes ;)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Isn't zafaria gear terrible for stats anyways...

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I'm not a guy but i think instead of a "dress" you meant a "tunic" or "robe" XD

Trust me i've been through some tough decisions in my gear. I want to look really cool but the best gear always is the ugliest!!!! why!?!?! I guess thats how the game goes lol

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
They are robes.
At least they make them different on you then us girls.
I do say for the boys we could have a section on robes and a section for shirts and pants. You could do that for girls too.

Molly
Level 32
Balance

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
I think of it as a kilt not a dress lol.
Rofl! XD

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
I know how you feel men, they are just tacky. They look like hideous dresses to me. The same with the girls' own. Good thing I just earned crowns to stitch :)
Try the guardian gear....

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
Kronk's voice: Robe!

Seriously! Robes and kilts have been gender neutral for years in fantasy. Where have you been?