Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does Kingisle hate the Balance school?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
XaZeRs on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
Did you even read the post? I never said anything about having bad spells, and if you read the other posts we've already discussed this whole pvp thing. As to how storm is hated I don't understand. Storm has op spells and can win a pvp match in the second turn if they do it right. At max I would rate the schools Fire/Storm/Ice (Tier 1) Death/Balance/Myth/ (Tier 2) Life (Tier 3)
Obviously, you don't do much Ranked 1v1 PvP at max. No Storm can win a PvP match second round against any school that is not another Storm. Our spells are based on RNG mechanics, we have the poorest defenses and hp and we have barely any functional defensive/offensive utility. A single Shadow-enhanced spell wipes out more than half of our max health and we have no way to get around shields. The definitive tiers in PvP are

Tier 1
Ice
Balance
Fire

Tier 2
Life

Tier 3
Myth
Storm
Death

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Maybe Mirage's hoard pack will bring out the balance wands and gear plastered with Sirocco Djinni, Dusty Fluffy, Steel Giants, and supermana gazeanova burnmaster, the new 120 balance spell.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
balance stinks at pve sure i can 1 shot any boss placing 2 different feints on a boss then 5 pip judging with crit, vengeance aura too. 5 years still no exalted wiz, wanna know why? Azteca. AKA World of the helpless and world of the defenseless where is your army??

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
HiddenIntelligence on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
I should applaud you for your sense of humour. Balance gets good spells and good stats on Darkmoor gear and just because they don't have one wand they are hated upon? The school that KI hate the most is Storm with Myth and Death trailing in close second. Myth is a really, really hard school to PvP with and you cannot make a mistake as it will cost you the match. Balance has more than enough gear for what it needs and giving them a wand isn't the answer.
The wand is just one thing. How about a damage bubble, the only one we ever got was from gaze. We get a power pip bubble and the other schools get a damage bubble are you kidding me? We don't have a shield to defend against other balances. We don't have a convert when we solo the balance bosses. It's ridiculous all you people care about is pvp. Pvp is not the only aspect in this game.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
Obviously, you don't do much Ranked 1v1 PvP at max. No Storm can win a PvP match second round against any school that is not another Storm. Our spells are based on RNG mechanics, we have the poorest defenses and hp and we have barely any functional defensive/offensive utility. A single Shadow-enhanced spell wipes out more than half of our max health and we have no way to get around shields. The definitive tiers in PvP are

Tier 1
Ice
Balance
Fire

Tier 2
Life

Tier 3
Myth
Storm
Death
Believe or not, I've done pvp a few times and one time it was a storm. They used a storm blade and next round bugs and killed me in the second round.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2014
XaZeRs on Aug 23, 2016 wrote:
The wand is just one thing. How about a damage bubble, the only one we ever got was from gaze. We get a power pip bubble and the other schools get a damage bubble are you kidding me? We don't have a shield to defend against other balances. We don't have a convert when we solo the balance bosses. It's ridiculous all you people care about is pvp. Pvp is not the only aspect in this game.
Life and Death don't have a damage bubble they have sanctuary and doom. And on the convert point, you deal off-school damage and if you are sneaky and use Chimera you can even boost on Balance Bosses. Yes it is unfair how you don't get wands with balance damage, but there are many spells that are amazing and hit with off school damage.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
It seems as if this discussion about Balance's over all power is taking into account PvE and PvP, so I will also address both but I do believe they should be separated unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Up until the release of Nested Fury I believed Balance was challenged in PvE due to the fact they had no AoE that had off school hits making balance mobs a pain, now that a spell such as that exists I think Balance is on even footing with the rest of schools PvE wise. Now I also know that balance is extremely well suited for team play and that is definitely where they thrive, I have quested balance solo and in teams so I do know firsthand that up until Polaris and Nested Fury, Balance mobs continue to be a struggle.

Now PvP is a different story. Balance is far and away one of the best schools in PvP period. They have spells that can control about every aspect of battle. They can control pips, auras, bubbles, and they are blessed with spells that are insanely good at providing offensive and defensive pressure. Balance is in no way struggling in PvP and if anything could even be toned down a little. Also, Storm, is the worst PvP school period. They are continually given spells that are useless PvP wise. Their so called specialty (critical) was just invalidated due to the nerf and they just don't have the proper utilities to PvP effectively against top schools like Balance/Fire/Ice etc.

Now I will agree there is no reason for them to not have new wands that come with new packs, but I do not think not having school specific pack gear is to much of an issue given pack gear is usually ineffective and useless anyways, besides wands of course, and even without new balance wands, there is always the Terror Hoard Balance wand which is just as good as any other top tier wand. Now, with all that said I also do not believe that KI at all hates balance or is trying to bring them down at all, and the lack of balance wands was either an oversight, and if not, a negligible problem.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Believe or not, I've done pvp a few times and one time it was a storm. They used a storm blade and next round bugs and killed me in the second round.
Exactly- my overarching point still stands: "Obviously, you don't do much Ranked 1v1 PvP at max." If you regularly participated in PvP you would have the defenses to withstand a single bladed bugs. Furthermore, regular participation in Ranked PvP would quickly reveal to you that the Storm school is lacking in several key areas. The Storm school has very few wizards that can acquire warlord and the least representative presence on the leaderboards. You simply don't have the experience necessary to have a firm understanding of a school's relative strength as compared to its peers and that shows in your incorrect tier chart.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
You are misrepresenting our arguments. We are not saying that PvP is the only aspect of the game. In fact, you are the one who wishes to foster a singular viewpoint by trying to exclude PvP as if it is irrelevant to the topic at hand. All we are pointing out is that it is apparent that KI does not hate balance as can be seen via its prowess in PvP. As for your other points:

-You are not the only school without a Damage Bubble- see Life and Death's bubbles

-You not having a shield also means it is harder for other's to defend from you

-You do not have a convert but instead, can deal damage from every other school of magic

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Spend some time in the arena. A lucky win by a single Storm doesn't mean that Storm is near Top Tier at Max Level. They aren't. Even the most skilled Storm players at Max are stuck in the middle of the Leaderboards because Storm has been hamstrung to a one trick pony.

Balance rules the arena. It's top-tier at practically every level. It's definitely not the school KI hates.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Aug 24, 2016 wrote:
You are misrepresenting our arguments. We are not saying that PvP is the only aspect of the game. In fact, you are the one who wishes to foster a singular viewpoint by trying to exclude PvP as if it is irrelevant to the topic at hand. All we are pointing out is that it is apparent that KI does not hate balance as can be seen via its prowess in PvP. As for your other points:

-You are not the only school without a Damage Bubble- see Life and Death's bubbles

-You not having a shield also means it is harder for other's to defend from you

-You do not have a convert but instead, can deal damage from every other school of magic
The shield and convert i can get over. But when has anyone ever used that power pip bubble? Any other bubble is much more useful, life uses sanctuary when they need to heal, doom and gloom is what saves us all on the malistare fight in darkmoor, the power pip bubble is completely useless. Also, what about the schools? Ravenwood has every school (or used to anyway) except for balance. If we want to hang out in our school or use our tree to craft some spells we have to have member. I guess it makes sense for the story line but it's pretty unfair for balance.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
XaZeRs on Aug 24, 2016 wrote:
The shield and convert i can get over. But when has anyone ever used that power pip bubble? Any other bubble is much more useful, life uses sanctuary when they need to heal, doom and gloom is what saves us all on the malistare fight in darkmoor, the power pip bubble is completely useless. Also, what about the schools? Ravenwood has every school (or used to anyway) except for balance. If we want to hang out in our school or use our tree to craft some spells we have to have member. I guess it makes sense for the story line but it's pretty unfair for balance.
Balance as a school is relatively new.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Spectral Evidence on Aug 23, 2016 wrote:
It seems as if this discussion about Balance's over all power is taking into account PvE and PvP, so I will also address both but I do believe they should be separated unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Up until the release of Nested Fury I believed Balance was challenged in PvE due to the fact they had no AoE that had off school hits making balance mobs a pain, now that a spell such as that exists I think Balance is on even footing with the rest of schools PvE wise. Now I also know that balance is extremely well suited for team play and that is definitely where they thrive, I have quested balance solo and in teams so I do know firsthand that up until Polaris and Nested Fury, Balance mobs continue to be a struggle.

Now PvP is a different story. Balance is far and away one of the best schools in PvP period. They have spells that can control about every aspect of battle. They can control pips, auras, bubbles, and they are blessed with spells that are insanely good at providing offensive and defensive pressure. Balance is in no way struggling in PvP and if anything could even be toned down a little. Also, Storm, is the worst PvP school period. They are continually given spells that are useless PvP wise. Their so called specialty (critical) was just invalidated due to the nerf and they just don't have the proper utilities to PvP effectively against top schools like Balance/Fire/Ice etc.

Now I will agree there is no reason for them to not have new wands that come with new packs, but I do not think not having school specific pack gear is to much of an issue given pack gear is usually ineffective and useless anyways, besides wands of course, and even without new balance wands, there is always the Terror Hoard Balance wand which is just as good as any other top tier wand. Now, with all that said I also do not believe that KI at all hates balance or is trying to bring them down at all, and the lack of balance wands was either an oversight, and if not, a negligible problem.
I'm going to agree with everything Spectral Evidence said here.

My Balance did struggle quite a lot when attempting to solo through levels 80-105; however, when partnered with anyone she was instrumental in shortening battles by taking all the blows and loading up the partner on blades, traps and feints. Alia couldn't hit hard herself but made sure her partner destroyed the enemy with one, wicked blow.

All that changed with Nested Fury, however. Now, finally, Alia can load herself up on blades and traps, plus auras and feints, and destroy just as easily as the partners she used to buff and heal. Furthermore, thanks to her extremely high health, high resistance and high healing ability, Alia can calmly set up a single, devastating attack while brushing off enemy blows. By the time she's ready to hit, she heals herself right before she strikes and walks out of solo cheat boss battles with full health. It's amazing that ONE spell made such a HUGE difference in her self-sufficiency!!

So yeah, I'd say Balance has received plenty of positive attributes from KingsIsle. You will hear no complaints from this Balance Wizard.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Except for Malestaire and PVP, when does anyone use Doom and Gloom? Or Sanctuary?

Balance does get a more useful bubble at the Arcanum but honestly, in PvE Alia still doesn't use it. It takes several pips to cast it and for the same number of pips, she will have placed a feint plus a potent feint, then a sharpened Elemental blade plus a regular Elemental blade. Add to that her regular 'universal' blade plus her Hex, then sharpened and potent versions of the same, and she's ready to unleash mega damage (70K or more!) from a single, six-pip Nested Fury.

As for why the Balance School isn't located in Ravenwood, it's considered an advanced school. (So is Death, which is why you don't find Dworgyn and the Death School until after finishing Wizard City's main quest line.) With both of these schools, the set-up is longer and we have to take more risks, but we also have a wide variety of utility spells to help us manage the longer set-up time and, ultimately, we have the potential to deal far more damage than most other schools. Balance and Death can dominate if ... we have our spell decks set up the right way and know what we're doing.

You don't have to have a membership to get to Krokotopia - you can use Crowns to buy permanent access to the area. With the Daily Assignments and free videos awarding Crowns, it's possible to earn Crowns without spending any real $$. You just need patience.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
The bubble issue has been well documented. Here is a suggestion thread i made over 4 years ago: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?284998-The-Bubble-Exchange.

That being said, it still fails to prove balance is "hated"

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Aug 25, 2016 wrote:
The bubble issue has been well documented. Here is a suggestion thread i made over 4 years ago: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?284998-The-Bubble-Exchange.

That being said, it still fails to prove balance is "hated"
Alright, after having gotten over 30 responses and thinking about it for awhile I have come to the decision balance IS NOT hated. However I still believe we are misunderstood or least priority. Can everyone else agree on this?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
XaZeRs on Aug 26, 2016 wrote:
Alright, after having gotten over 30 responses and thinking about it for awhile I have come to the decision balance IS NOT hated. However I still believe we are misunderstood or least priority. Can everyone else agree on this?
Misunderstood-yes(mostly by balance players themselves)

Least Priority- no

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
I have a balance level 42, but I don't think Kingsisle hates balance. In packs like those, there's never any related wands. They're always like that. Use the Ares Spear, it gives you 10 damage. No I'm kidding. But at that level Fire hated that spear because it was a fire wand. Be glad you had that advantage.

You guys have more AOE skills than life. Kingsisle never has life related wands. You aren't the only ones. I've been complaining about my gear lately, as well. I started a topic on it in Azteca.

So, you shouldn't be complaining. Even if you weren't talking about PvP, yes I read your message, you guys can tank a ton of spells. See, if you want to go head on and one shot everything, balance isn't the school for you. Balance is a teaming school. It should blade others and then the others hit. But, if you're alone, just shield up a ton, nonstop shields. Once you have a lot then you can just blade up and hit while the enemy or enemies are still trying to break through your shield wall.

Don't feel bad, as you aren't the only one and you shouldn't quit Wizard101 because of this new wand update pack.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Survivor
Nov 08, 2012
I don't think KI hates balance. But I am done with card packs until we get something clearly intended for us. The wand thing is genuinely annoying.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Can this post be locked? I'm done with this and I want it to be known I'm not complaining. I know the schools strengths and weakness, thank you. I would never quit Wizard unless I needed time for work or school. Balance is not hated and I made a mistake in posting this. If possible, please lock this post

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Rabelais on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
I don't think KI hates balance. But I am done with card packs until we get something clearly intended for us. The wand thing is genuinely annoying.
Exactly.