Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does Kingisle hate the Balance school?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 05, 2013
After today when the new immortals pack was released and I saw the gear and wands, I believe Kingisle hates Balance. If we take a look at the recent packs, Immortals and Road Warrior, especially at the wands, we can believe Kingisle either hates or has no regard for my favorite school, Balance. In both these packs we don't see a balance related wand or even a universal wand, in fact in many packs we don't see a balance wand but we got a universal. As the game continues, especially in the crown shop, I believe this is the downfall of balance. Most players of this game are in the elemental schools, with the spiritual and balance in the minority. A new spell for balance hasnt been realsed unless all the schools get a new spell, unlike Life, Myth, Fire, and Storm. Why do we not get any love, Kingisle?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Rofl, Balance is a top tier PvP School with multiple tools needed to shut out their opponents. If that's hate please hate on my school too KI!. As for the dropped spells: Balance has just as many as the other schools bar fire including the most effective dropped spell: Loremaster.

Balance
Savage Paw
Samoorai
Loremaster.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:
Rofl, Balance is a top tier PvP School with multiple tools needed to shut out their opponents. If that's hate please hate on my school too KI!. As for the dropped spells: Balance has just as many as the other schools bar fire including the most effective dropped spell: Loremaster.

Balance
Savage Paw
Samoorai
Loremaster.
I am not talking about PvP, buddy. Please read the post before you respond.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013

Balance
Savage Paw
Samoorai
Loremaster.
As for the dropped spells, I suppose I was wrong.
Fire: 4
Storm, Balance, Life, Myth: 3
Ice and Death: 2

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
That being said I do agree that Balance deserves Wands in the new packs. Hopefully KI can address this oversight.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011

Balance
Savage Paw
Samoorai
Loremaster.
Balance stinks in PvE. Sorry, but not everything is related to how well a school does in PvP. That's not the issue. The issue is, there just isn't much for Balance in terms of gear or anything else that is for THEM in the game compared to all of the other schools.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
BrynnerOfReign on Aug 5, 2016 wrote:
Balance stinks in PvE. Sorry, but not everything is related to how well a school does in PvP. That's not the issue. The issue is, there just isn't much for Balance in terms of gear or anything else that is for THEM in the game compared to all of the other schools.
Excatly

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
XaZeRs on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:
I am not talking about PvP, buddy. Please read the post before you respond.
I did read the post. You never specified what segment you were referring to.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Balance stinks in PvE? Since when? In fact their most recent shadow enhanced spell directly assists their most pressing issue. I do agree the recent wand and gear is an oversight that should be rectified asap.

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
Balance only stinks in PVE if you don't know how to play it properly ;) I've been able to solo the vast majority of the game as a balance wizard, easily.

~ Kiley Silverwhisper

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Soul330 on Aug 7, 2016 wrote:
Balance only stinks in PVE if you don't know how to play it properly ;) I've been able to solo the vast majority of the game as a balance wizard, easily.

~ Kiley Silverwhisper
That's not my point, I've been able to solo a lot of the game too. My point is we don't get any gear in the crown packs, so on and so forth. It's not that balance is hard, it's that balance doesn't get much gear meant for them.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
This is a ridiculous question.

Balance repeatedly gets the best utility in the game, people buy mastery amulets just to use its dropped spell, and it is the most versatile school of the seven. It is designed to easily be played offensively, defensively, support, attack.

It's clear that KI loves Fire. Five of the other schools are eh to them, and it hates one. The hated school isn't Balance, though.

Should we have gotten Balance wands in the new packs? Probably. Even without, the school is still the most versatile, the most well-designed, most balanced school in the game. Everyone freaks out when PVP is mentioned, but that's the ultimate test of a school's design, balance, usefulness. If it dominates in the arena, the school definitely has the tools it needs to be successful.

(Note. I don't love playing Balance; I mostly play as a Life who thinks she's Balance. That doesn't blind me from being able to say that Balance has more useful tools than anyone else.)

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014

Balance
Savage Paw
Samoorai
Loremaster.
: Catalan | Queen Calypso | Catch Of The Day NOT crafting thing!
: Handsome Fomori | Winter Moon
: Brimstone Revenant | Krampus | Hephaestus | Burning Rampage NOT crafting thing!
: Keeper of the Flame | Ninja Pigs | :Athena Battle Sight
: Goat Monk | Luminous Weaver | Sacred Charge NOT crafting thing!
: Deer Knight | Lord of Night
: Loremaster | Samoorai | Savage Paw

secret note: death wizard getting New Spell soon! (when Halloween come be possible next new Halloween pack) new spell call: Headless Horseman! not sure going crafting spell or not crafting spell!

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
PaigeGoldenspear on Aug 8, 2016 wrote:
This is a ridiculous question.

Balance repeatedly gets the best utility in the game, people buy mastery amulets just to use its dropped spell, and it is the most versatile school of the seven. It is designed to easily be played offensively, defensively, support, attack.

It's clear that KI loves Fire. Five of the other schools are eh to them, and it hates one. The hated school isn't Balance, though.

Should we have gotten Balance wands in the new packs? Probably. Even without, the school is still the most versatile, the most well-designed, most balanced school in the game. Everyone freaks out when PVP is mentioned, but that's the ultimate test of a school's design, balance, usefulness. If it dominates in the arena, the school definitely has the tools it needs to be successful.

(Note. I don't love playing Balance; I mostly play as a Life who thinks she's Balance. That doesn't blind me from being able to say that Balance has more useful tools than anyone else.)
Do you mind telling me which school they hate then? And don't say probably balance should have gotten wands in the new packs, in nearly all packs balance has been shut out at best getting a weak universal wand when all the other schools get double the damage of the universal one. It's completely unfair, and I don't see how any school could be more shut out then balance.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
If they hated any school, it would probably be moon. In the last patch, moon was the only astral school that didn't get a new spell. This isn't the case though. Game Developers make games because they enjoy it. If they can help it, developers also work on what they find interesting which I think is true about the developers at KingsIsle. How else would they be able to stand working on a single game for as long as they have? If I were a developer, which I soon will be, and there was something I did not like, I wouldn't ignore it like you're implying they've done here with the balance school. I would still tend to that thing I don't like because it is still an important part of the thing I do like (which is the game as a whole.) I personally believe that the developers have something planned for balance in their schedules.That something just wasn't in these packs. We will certainly get something for balance. Whether it be through gear, pets, or spells, it will happen. It will just happen once the developers have completed it on the time they have planned for it. - Michael Shadowblade

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
It's sad balance was my first wizard and still have love for the class but lets be honest the class sucks in pve , we can hold our own in pvp but in pve we are not so great, I would love to see RA re-done so I can actually use one of my favorite spells and the reason why I picked the school in the first place sad to see such a cool spell been shadowed by sand or power nova would be so cool to get a redo on RA and add maybe blades to everyone or shields something and not just a empty spell like its at the moment almost all the aoe spells in the game have some bonuses to use pleas KI do this for us, or just give us a brand new aoe like Anubis casting with a wand or maybe casting a sand storm to all players and adding some bonus or effect I been playing for so long waiting every year for a change in balance but we get put in the back like always.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
tyrant405 on Aug 12, 2016 wrote:
If they hated any school, it would probably be moon. In the last patch, moon was the only astral school that didn't get a new spell. This isn't the case though. Game Developers make games because they enjoy it. If they can help it, developers also work on what they find interesting which I think is true about the developers at KingsIsle. How else would they be able to stand working on a single game for as long as they have? If I were a developer, which I soon will be, and there was something I did not like, I wouldn't ignore it like you're implying they've done here with the balance school. I would still tend to that thing I don't like because it is still an important part of the thing I do like (which is the game as a whole.) I personally believe that the developers have something planned for balance in their schedules.That something just wasn't in these packs. We will certainly get something for balance. Whether it be through gear, pets, or spells, it will happen. It will just happen once the developers have completed it on the time they have planned for it. - Michael Shadowblade
Can I ask you a question? If you had seven kids and liked some better then others and you decide to get six of them toys but because you love the family as the whole you decide to give the seventh a piece of candy as a close second? It doesn't seem fair and that's what you are implying that if all the schools get a good item then balance won't but they will get a close second

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
XaZeRs on Aug 13, 2016 wrote:
Can I ask you a question? If you had seven kids and liked some better then others and you decide to get six of them toys but because you love the family as the whole you decide to give the seventh a piece of candy as a close second? It doesn't seem fair and that's what you are implying that if all the schools get a good item then balance won't but they will get a close second
What I was meaning with that statement was that they hadn't forgotten balance. Developers that work for a company are on normally on a very strict schedule. They could of just not had an item ready when the patch was released. After all, they would have to make the spell before making the item which I imagine is a very long progress to create. Give it some time and it could happen. Or not. Balance is fine on it's own either way. If you think about it though, Balance actually got 3 wands in comparison to the other schools. Balance is about taking from the other schools to create something greater.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
tyrant405 on Aug 15, 2016 wrote:
What I was meaning with that statement was that they hadn't forgotten balance. Developers that work for a company are on normally on a very strict schedule. They could of just not had an item ready when the patch was released. After all, they would have to make the spell before making the item which I imagine is a very long progress to create. Give it some time and it could happen. Or not. Balance is fine on it's own either way. If you think about it though, Balance actually got 3 wands in comparison to the other schools. Balance is about taking from the other schools to create something greater.
They didn't merely forget balance, and if they did, they forget balance in every pack anyway. The developers never have time for balance and it makes me mad. It's completely unfair and my example with the children is pretty much how kingisle treats us.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Basing everything on well something does in PVP is morally wrong. PVP is only one aspect/component of the game. Regardless people do tend to do that....

I've also not had any problems soloing on my Balance. I admit I prefer other people, but that is just my preference. My Ice I had a harder time soloing, but that was also partly because that was my first school and experience with Wizard101 and the fact everyone thinks you have to be Storm and Kill everything instantly, (which I admit is nice.) I wasn't entirely thrilled about Nested Fury, but I do think that it was still decent in PVE. Ra is probably my favorite still.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
XaZeRs on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
They didn't merely forget balance, and if they did, they forget balance in every pack anyway. The developers never have time for balance and it makes me mad. It's completely unfair and my example with the children is pretty much how kingisle treats us.
All of the aquilan boots, hats, and even one of the robes, include cards based on one of balance's spells. KingsIsle does consider all the schools. Saying that balance is forgot or that developers forgot a school is nothing more than the naive rants of someone ignorant of the process and scheduling that goes into developing a game. I'm leaving it at this. Continue hating on KingsIsle if you really feel the need. I personally will be looking forward to the upcoming content.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
tyrant405 on Aug 20, 2016 wrote:
All of the aquilan boots, hats, and even one of the robes, include cards based on one of balance's spells. KingsIsle does consider all the schools. Saying that balance is forgot or that developers forgot a school is nothing more than the naive rants of someone ignorant of the process and scheduling that goes into developing a game. I'm leaving it at this. Continue hating on KingsIsle if you really feel the need. I personally will be looking forward to the upcoming content.
I am not ignorant of the process. I have coded myself and it is a very hard and long process. I can only imagine what they go through to make a game of such high quality. Yes, I realize they put a sabertooth on each gear piece, but again that's not my point. How hard is it to make one more wand and put balance or universal damage on it? If it comes across as me hating kingisle, that is not what I am doing. I am merely annoyed that we didn't get a balance wand, and I think this also makes me less wanting to buy a crown pack. With this said, I am looking forward to the upcoming content too, with high hopes they add something extra for balance in the upcoming world.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Balance isn't hated. They have great spells and a variety of pvp strategies. (Personally I think KI is hating on storm and myth right now) At max lvl I would rank the schools Ice/Balance/Life (Tier 1) Fire/Death/Myth (Tier 2) Storm (Tier 3)

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Cass MoonHeart on Aug 21, 2016 wrote:
Balance isn't hated. They have great spells and a variety of pvp strategies. (Personally I think KI is hating on storm and myth right now) At max lvl I would rank the schools Ice/Balance/Life (Tier 1) Fire/Death/Myth (Tier 2) Storm (Tier 3)
Did you even read the post? I never said anything about having bad spells, and if you read the other posts we've already discussed this whole pvp thing. As to how storm is hated I don't understand. Storm has op spells and can win a pvp match in the second turn if they do it right. At max I would rate the schools Fire/Storm/Ice (Tier 1) Death/Balance/Myth/ (Tier 2) Life (Tier 3)

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
XaZeRs on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
Did you even read the post? I never said anything about having bad spells, and if you read the other posts we've already discussed this whole pvp thing. As to how storm is hated I don't understand. Storm has op spells and can win a pvp match in the second turn if they do it right. At max I would rate the schools Fire/Storm/Ice (Tier 1) Death/Balance/Myth/ (Tier 2) Life (Tier 3)
I should applaud you for your sense of humour. Balance gets good spells and good stats on Darkmoor gear and just because they don't have one wand they are hated upon? The school that KI hate the most is Storm with Myth and Death trailing in close second. Myth is a really, really hard school to PvP with and you cannot make a mistake as it will cost you the match. Balance has more than enough gear for what it needs and giving them a wand isn't the answer.