Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeating Malistaire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
34
This is to everyone who has,or at least tried to defeat Malistaire.
I was watching a video about four friends confronting Malistaire,and it
seemed IMPOSSIBLE! The fight was so long because he had 100,000 health!
Thats more than everyone's health added together! And during a long fight,you could come across alot of problems like:

1) Low Mana
2)Run out of cards
3)You can't heal yourself because that will only make him use scarecrow
4)You have only a few seconds to choose a spell because he interrupts.

Anyway,my point is, is it even possible to defeat him?How long did it take?
I fought a jade oni,and completed sunken city before,and it took FOREVER.
I can't imagine how long it takes for Malistaire.


Defender
Jun 11, 2009
161
yea, its really not that hard actually. just bring along a theurgist and a diviner and ull have him deafeted in no time. thing is, once you get in higher levels, and have a good team of freinds with you, anythings possible. just let them drop out for a sec when their low on mana/health. then they can just teleport back and continue fighting(just as long as one person is still there. but id reccomend dropping out no mor than 1 at a time). its not super easy like ur gonna have him dead in two turns, but it is surprisingly simple and fun. after all, wouldnt be much fun if the last boss in an awesome game had 3000 health, now would it?

Defender
May 31, 2009
119
citygirl411 wrote:
...and it
seemed IMPOSSIBLE! The fight was so long because he had 100,000 health!


Oh, MY! Citygirl, I think you need to check the video you were watching because Malistaire has 10,000 health, NOT 100,000.

As another poster already mentioned, by the time you rank up to Master and beyond defeating Malistaire isn't all that hard. Takes a bit of time, but considering that some wizards can hit well in excess of 10,000 (check the forums and you can see that hits can go into the MILLIONS), it's not all that challenging.

In fact, it's not even the hardest fight in the game. Battling the Buzzards in Ravenscar is a harder fight, but for the ultimate fight in the game you'd have to see Orrick Nightrider in Briskbreeze. None have health as high as Malistaire, but there's more to a challenging fight than having lots of health.

As such, considering that this is supposed to be the FINAL fight of the game, I actually think it should be MORE challenging. 100,000 might be a bit hard, but the ultimate fight should definitely be more than one 10,000 boss who has wimpy spells and real pushover minions.

Good luck to you and soon you'll be yawning your way past Malistaire too...

mlb

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
Obviously, you are up to that point yet where you have the quest to defeat Malistaire. The video post may either be old or edited. Malistaire's health is only 10,000. While that may seem alot to you now, consider the fact that by the time you reach him, you will probably have all your school's spells. With traps and blades, many powerpips (you will be getting those more often instead of the regular pips) and your high damaging spells, you and your friends (you will need at least one other to reach him) should be able to take him out without much difficulty.

By this point you will have 3 potions, so running out of mana isn't a problem.

You will also have a better deck, one which can hold 40-60 cards, so running out of cards isn't a problem.

So what if he uses Scarecrow? Is it really any different then him using Pirate or Vampire? He's not going to whip out Scarecrow just because a wizard casted a healing spell.

I've never had any monster interrupt my spell card choosing time. I have always had the full 30 seconds in which to choose what I want to use.

The whole dungeon (and it is a dungeon, complete with many other mandatory battles with other bosses) on average is 2 hours.

And keep this in mind: Even if one of you dies, all you really need to do is Flee, drink a potion to fully restore your health and mana, then port back to your friend, all before a round even finishes.

Historian
May 15, 2009
675
Caspeen wrote:
citygirl411 wrote:
...and it
seemed IMPOSSIBLE! The fight was so long because he had 100,000 health!


Oh, MY! Citygirl, I think you need to check the video you were watching because Malistaire has 10,000 health, NOT 100,000.

As another poster already mentioned, by the time you rank up to Master and beyond defeating Malistaire isn't all that hard. Takes a bit of time, but considering that some wizards can hit well in excess of 10,000 (check the forums and you can see that hits can go into the MILLIONS), it's not all that challenging.

In fact, it's not even the hardest fight in the game. Battling the Buzzards in Ravenscar is a harder fight, but for the ultimate fight in the game you'd have to see Orrick Nightrider in Briskbreeze. None have health as high as Malistaire, but there's more to a challenging fight than having lots of health.

As such, considering that this is supposed to be the FINAL fight of the game, I actually think it should be MORE challenging. 100,000 might be a bit hard, but the ultimate fight should definitely be more than one 10,000 boss who has wimpy spells and real pushover minions.

Good luck to you and soon you'll be yawning your way past Malistaire too...

mlb


regardless of whether you believe me or not
there was a point in wizard101 history where they had a special event in which malistaire DID have 100k health but that event has long since past

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
16
Preacher7719 wrote:
Obviously, you are up to that point yet where you have the quest to defeat Malistaire. The video post may either be old or edited. Malistaire's health is only 10,000. While that may seem alot to you now, consider the fact that by the time you reach him, you will probably have all your school's spells. With traps and blades, many powerpips (you will be getting those more often instead of the regular pips) and your high damaging spells, you and your friends (you will need at least one other to reach him) should be able to take him out without much difficulty.

By this point you will have 3 potions, so running out of mana isn't a problem.

You will also have a better deck, one which can hold 40-60 cards, so running out of cards isn't a problem.

So what if he uses Scarecrow? Is it really any different then him using Pirate or Vampire? He's not going to whip out Scarecrow just because a wizard casted a healing spell.

I've never had any monster interrupt my spell card choosing time. I have always had the full 30 seconds in which to choose what I want to use.

The whole dungeon (and it is a dungeon, complete with many other mandatory battles with other bosses) on average is 2 hours.

And keep this in mind: Even if one of you dies, all you really need to do is Flee, drink a potion to fully restore your health and mana, then port back to your friend, all before a round even finishes.




just to let you know they made his health 100,000 for a while and he does interrupt and use scarecrow if you heal. also he does a meteor that gets stronger every turn so it was hard to defeat him then.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
164
just to let you know they made his health 100,000 for a while and he does interrupt and use scarecrow if you heal. also he does a meteor that gets stronger every turn so it was hard to defeat him then.

Cool sounds like a good challenge. Bet the drops were better then too :) Not to mention it would certainly reduce the lower level wizards running around with "savior of the spiral" badge when they are still in krok or mb. Sweet! bring it back please :):):)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
f1ng3br1ts0n wrote:
just to let you know they made his health 100,000 for a while and he does interrupt and use scarecrow if you heal. also he does a meteor that gets stronger every turn so it was hard to defeat him then.

Cool sounds like a good challenge. Bet the drops were better then too :) Not to mention it would certainly reduce the lower level wizards running around with "savior of the spiral" badge when they are still in krok or mb. Sweet! bring it back please :):):)


He doesn't have 100,000 health currently. He has 10,000.

Explorer
May 09, 2009
82
Caspeen wrote:
citygirl411 wrote:
...and it
seemed IMPOSSIBLE! The fight was so long because he had 100,000 health!


Oh, MY! Citygirl, I think you need to check the video you were watching because Malistaire has 10,000 health, NOT 100,000.

As another poster already mentioned, by the time you rank up to Master and beyond defeating Malistaire isn't all that hard. Takes a bit of time, but considering that some wizards can hit well in excess of 10,000 (check the forums and you can see that hits can go into the MILLIONS), it's not all that challenging.

In fact, it's not even the hardest fight in the game. Battling the Buzzards in Ravenscar is a harder fight, but for the ultimate fight in the game you'd have to see Orrick Nightrider in Briskbreeze. None have health as high as Malistaire, but there's more to a challenging fight than having lots of health.

As such, considering that this is supposed to be the FINAL fight of the game, I actually think it should be MORE challenging. 100,000 might be a bit hard, but the ultimate fight should definitely be more than one 10,000 boss who has wimpy spells and real pushover minions.

Good luck to you and soon you'll be yawning your way past Malistaire too...

mlb

actually, citygirl's correct, at one point malistaire did go up to 100,000 health. But then it got to hard and KI lowered malistaire's health back to 10,000.