Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bouncing Back?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
When I'm running to Simeon or Bartelby in Ravenwood, I keep bouncing back and bouncing back. It's very frustrating, and I have to go around the center. Has anyone else experienced this?

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Same here.

Oficially it is called: "rubberbanding", since it resembles running away being tied to a rubberband that forces you to jump back to where you started.

It happens to me quite often and I also have to take the sidewalk to avoid it. No clue what causes it, but it defininately can be quite annoying when it does happen. Switching realm sometimes fixes it also.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
Yes, me too. I thought it was just me, so I didn't report it. But, it's happened more than once, not every time but several times.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Yes, there's something weird -- or perhaps haunted -- about that circle in front of Bartleby.

If this is a bug, I don't think they should fix it. I think they should just work it into the story line.

(This was done in "City of Heroes", by the way. A bug in the program that made NPCs wander in bizarre patterns in a particular spot was later memorialized by a plaque explaining a strange phenomenon at that site.)

Administrator
We have (hopefully) squashed this bug in the July 29th update, but definitely let us know if you see it after that date!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Delver
Jun 16, 2009
It has happened to me to, so I have to a big turn to the right and get out of the problem.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
YEA it happens to me all the time too. I just run around it. BUT i haven't seen if the bug was taken away yet because its July 30 today but i will check in a little bit!!!
-Natalie Crowshard Grandmaster Theurgist 8) 8) 8) 8)