Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best School? Really?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Recently I have been hearing people say there is a "best school" but really all of the schools are great! They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Does anyone else agree? If so, please let me know.

Thanks
Cole Mythsword Archmage Conjurer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Cole Mythsword on Nov 6, 2012 wrote:
Recently I have been hearing people say there is a "best school" but really all of the schools are great! They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks
I totally agree with you~ each school is unique, and the one that's "best" for me might not be the best for everyone.

It all depends on how you do things: I'm a go-big-or-go-home kinda gal myself and I enjoy some solo time in-game, so my Storm and Death wizards are well-suited to that style of play. My first wizard was Balance, and I didn't enjoy always being spammed with "heal/shield/blade me" requests by the more high-powered schools... Needless to say, it takes a very-specific personality to play a support school well, and I know I haven't got it (knowing is half the battle, haha).

Cheers,

-Laura/veebz
archmage sorceress & necromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks
There is no best school, only personal taste and choices.
I like things about most of the schools. There are two I just don't have much success with, but still can appreciate their good points.

Survivor
May 07, 2011

Thanks
There is no best school if there was everybody would want to make another character as that school and soon wizard city will be filled with storm wizards (not that storm is the best school) There are best schools to some people cause their school match their personality I guess....Like you said they all have their ups and downs and I won't make a whole list of then so you won't spend your time reading it whole.

~Christina DreamGem Life level 44

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have played every school. You are correct in saying they each have their advantages and disadvantages. My favorite school is myth. I am not saying it is the most powerful. It is just my personal favorite.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 80 Myth

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
I agree with this all schools have a disadvantage and a advantage.This makes them unique.Some are strong some heal some suck power away some summon mythical monsters Some rely on defenses.And Balance is about well Balance.Polymorphing is from moon.Star is from auras i think and i am not really sure what sun is.

John BattleBreath currently Level 23 Ice

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
oh i totally agree! every school is the best in their own way

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Thanks for backing me up guys/girls! I really appreciate it. I hope more people agree. I hate people arguing about which school is "the best".

Thanks again!
Cole Mythsword
Archmage conjurer

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
i say that life is best in my eyes, i have tried every school but ife is better. you can heal others and yourself i no you have low damage spells but we have the best accuarcy in the game.

p.s if you have life, the best secondary is storm so you can get your power back. people think life and death is best but you can already heal so what is the point

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
there really isnt a best school. all of the schools have there strengths and weaknesses. everyone probably thinks that the school they chose is best

Erica ShadowRunner~lvl 75 balance