Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Badge Titles not fair?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 28, 2008
My wife wants to know why she has to be a Master and not able to be a Mistress. If you think about it, Mistress of Death/Nature/Balance etc...etc... would probably be a reasonable exception and allowable. Otherwise, why go through all the hoopla of differentiating each sex and then slap them with the same title in the end. Just a thought.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
true i agree but we are sorcerors and not sorceressses.

I agree but i think they should do a lot to acknowledge that women play this game too.

Hero
May 19, 2009
well there are a few definitions of the word master but in this case the title MASTER is unisex. ill give you examples to show you that this is not a sexist topic like "pink is only for girls"

MASTER-
A) A man who rules others or has control over something.
B) One who is head of a household.
C) One who owns a slave or an animal.
D) The captian of a merchant ship.
E) A "person" very skilled and able in some work, profession, science, etc.
F) An artist regarded as great.

so the definition for the master title here would of course be E)

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
DarthNexus wrote:
well there are a few definitions of the word master but in this case the title MASTER is unisex.

True, I was simply stating the fact that my wife wished to have that option if she wanted. Besides, I like that idea myself. Is that being sexist? I don't think so, but then I never really sat down and thought about it lol.

And by the way, a pink button down shirt with a nice pair of jeans emphasizes my blue eyes. lol. I think " Pink is for girls. " is said only by people who are not secure in who they actually are, or are just plain sexist to start with lol.

James DreamRider
Master of Balance
No Retreat No Surrender
and No One gets left Behind
USArmy Retired