Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Back after who knows how many years!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
Hello guys, I am back after 4+ years of not playing! Sadly, all of my other friends have quit Anybody want to update me on major stuff that i've missed? (I started Wizard101 in 2009). I need new friends also! I'm level 68 in Zafaria currently.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
anaz6 on Jul 18, 2017 wrote:
Hello guys, I am back after 4+ years of not playing! Sadly, all of my other friends have quit Anybody want to update me on major stuff that i've missed? (I started Wizard101 in 2009). I need new friends also! I'm level 68 in Zafaria currently.
Here are the Update Notes if you want to check them yourself. I'll also try to highlight the major stuff that came out since 2013.

• A new limited time event came out called the Lost Pages Event, and people primarily farm it for the Bone Dragon mount.
  • There are now PvP Tournaments! They cost gold to participate in (if you're a member, crowns if you're not), and you get a certain amount of arena tickets depending on what place you were once the tournament is finished.
  • Aquila came out! It is a side area containing three dungeon zones for levels 30, 70, and 90. Talk to Cyrus Drake if you want to participate.
  • Khrysalis Part 1 came out, which was the first half of the last world in Morganthe's story arc. The level cap also increased to 95. Khrysalis also introduced a new type of magic called Shadow Magic...
  • There's now Castle Tours where you can check out other players houses.
  • Do you need help with a particular dungeon? Use Team Up to find people who are on the same dungeon as you.
  • If you just fled from a dungeon, you can use Dungeon Recall to automatically port back in.
  • Khrysalis Part 2 came out, concluding Morganthe's story arc and raising the level cap to 100.
  • Fishing was introduced, and you can now catch fish from the waters of the Spiral using Energy.
  • 4 new dungeons were added for levels 25, 40, 60, and 100. The level 100 dungeon, Castle Darkmoor, currently offers the best gear in the game and new types of spells were introduced there: powerful Shadow-enhanced spells that require both regular pips AND Shadow pips to cast.
  • Equipment sets allow you to quickly save and change gear.
  • Challenging new bosses lie behind locked doors which require new Skeleton Keys to unlock.
To be continued in another post.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
anaz6 on Jul 18, 2017 wrote:
  • Jewel Socketing was added, allowing you to add magical Jewels to Wands, Athames, Amulets, Rings, and Decks. You can now customize your gear even more with additional boosts, such as health, resist, power pip chance, and more!
  • One Shot gauntlets were added, each costing 500 Crowns in the Crown Shop. You can now have a rematch against familiar foes and get new powerful gear as your reward. Players primarily farm the Exalted gauntlets for gear which rivals the Malistaire set offered in Castle Darkmoor.
  • Polaris was released, introducing a new villain and beginning the third story arc. The level cap also increased to 110.
  • The Critical and Block system also got HEAVILY altered. Before, they were dependent on each other. For example, if you had 400 critical and someone had 300 block, they would have a 75% chance of blocking the attack. (300/400 = .75) Now, the statistics are independent of each other. 400 critical now may give you a 30% chance of casting a critical, and someone's 300 block rating may only give them 20% block. This means you would have a 30% chance of casting a critical, and the other person only has a 20% chance of blocking. Everyone I know hates the new system, and MANY players have quit the game over this.
  • Daily Assignments were added, giving you small rewards for doing various tasks everyday.
  • You can now fish for the Beckett promo wands in Zafaria!
  • In May, KI laid off over 80 employees, and they promised to refocus on their MMOs as many of their new mobile games didn't give them the success they wanted.
  • A new elixir was added allowing you to spend 30,000 Crowns to get to level 50 instantly.
  • Critical in PvP only does a 1.3 multiplier instead of 2x.
  • Mirage was added, raising the level cap to 120!
  • Castle Magic also allows you to do new interesting effects at your house.
  • Monstrology was added, allowing you to collect animus from monsters to do various things with.
  • Several systems got new upgrades and additions.