Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Attention Pyromancers and Necromancers!!!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
55
First of all i know i'm late with this but still...I'm sure all of us knows that our fire and death's lvl 88 spells are basically the same, only it seems death got cheated a bit, but not nearly as much as both of these schools got cheated with the spells Sun Serpent and Avenging Fossil. At least from the point of view of most people i've talked to. (Now please if your not death or fire don't comment I know you other schools just wanna keep these spells weak and useless!!!) So tell me what do all of you Pyromancers and Necromancers think about these spells, have you found a good use for them, do you use them often? All it's good for in my opinion is finishing off what a good RoF couldn't quite with these OP minions, while damaging the boss an ok deal, but that's about it. I think a smokescreen/plague, or maybe a wildfire/gloom and doom (only with damage boost rather than health lowering) would make the cost of 10 pips actually worth it, what's ever yone else think?

Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
21
think about it use this

avenging fossil= 950
feint=+70% to next spell
dark pact=30% to next spell
death blade=+40% to next death spell
curse=+20% to next spell
death trap=+30% to next spell

so place all of those and use fossil and there ya go :) pure death avengance

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
40
I agree with predator my friend can do 47,000 pretty easily with avenging and most people just dont use sun serpent in pvp so.

Wolf Nightcaller 1st age balance warlord lvl 90

I AM A FIRE JUST BTW

Wolf Sunwalker lvl 71 fire 1st age knight ( i lost captain :[)

Historian
May 06, 2009
636
I personally love Avenging Fossil (it's actucally about time we got some Dino Spells. Aztec spells along the way are cool too though). I use it pretty often if I want to do some big damage. Since Dr. Von's Monster was my go-to spell back then, it's hard to balance them out. I'm more than likely to use Monster over Fossil just because I like getting big health back and dishing a bit of damage (and by a bit I mean huge). I don't really see a lot of Fire players around Azteca or if I do, I never see them use Sun Serpent. But either way the spells are both strong and both can do 1200. For me, if I have Potent Trapped Feint (+80%), Death Blade(+40%), Sharpened Death Blade (+50%), Dark Pact (+30%), Virulence (+25%), Death Trap(+30%), my natural +52% Death Damage boost and Strong Avenging Fossil I can do some really nice damage, and the over time effect to everyone else can some times do over 200 per round or more (I've gotten to 600+ per round with a critical). So I'm overall pleased with the spell as Death did ask for some new AoE's sometime ago.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
36
I am only level 17, I have not used these spells. I wanted to mention I am a fire wizard, and very proud of it. All my outfit is red and orange, and I have a dragon for a pet. Go fire!

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
362
Wolf Nightcaller on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
I agree with predator my friend can do 47,000 pretty easily with avenging and most people just dont use sun serpent in pvp so.

Wolf Nightcaller 1st age balance warlord lvl 90

I AM A FIRE JUST BTW

Wolf Sunwalker lvl 71 fire 1st age knight ( i lost captain :[)
LOL, I know exactly what you're talking about. Anyways, Death has not been cheated by this spell. My death is level 81 so not there yet. But I have seen it many times AND have been beaten by it. And BTW people do use Sun Serpent in PvP.

Wolf Skullslinger, 1st age Ice Warlord level 88

AND

Wolf Deathhammer, 1st age Death Commander level 81 and 2nd age Knight

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
7
I have a level 90 death and I like avenging fossil but I only use it if I'm in deep enough trouble in a battle and need a quick mass hit. I really prefer to use scarecrow, wraith, or Dr Von for the health giveback

Explorer
May 17, 2009
55
Overlord54231 on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
think about it use this

avenging fossil= 950
feint=+70% to next spell
dark pact=30% to next spell
death blade=+40% to next death spell
curse=+20% to next spell
death trap=+30% to next spell

so place all of those and use fossil and there ya go :) pure death avengance
That's true, but it's true with any spell you can save a pip and refill your health 100% with Dr. Von's Monster in that scenario. Plus by the time you've used most of those spells they will know your death and say, "Hey I better use a death shield, plus a cleansing/self damage spell to get rid of these traps . " (Unless it's a monster of course ) So guess it depends is refilling your health while dealing big time damage better than dealing slightly higher damage plus tiny damage to that bad guy and everyone else. (It's tiny when you think about how much life these new minions have) Overall though these are mostly pvp spells, and I'm not sure why they would make a school spell specifically for pvp...

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
774
My necromancer (level 90) does not use Avenging Fossil unless I'm just goofing around.

I use Dr. Von for the big hits, Wraith and Scarecrow for back-ups. Using Avenging Fossil is fun but it leaves my health drained, and if it doesn't complete the kill I have no health or pips. Also I like to finish a battle with full health so I can immmediately move on to the next.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
929
RottenHeart on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
My necromancer (level 90) does not use Avenging Fossil unless I'm just goofing around.

I use Dr. Von for the big hits, Wraith and Scarecrow for back-ups. Using Avenging Fossil is fun but it leaves my health drained, and if it doesn't complete the kill I have no health or pips. Also I like to finish a battle with full health so I can immmediately move on to the next.
So true - it's an awful spell for many practical reasons that most death are like "why bother".

You're better off with feint + crit Dr Von, which isn't hard to achieve at level 88

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
40
Wolf Skullslinger on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
LOL, I know exactly what you're talking about. Anyways, Death has not been cheated by this spell. My death is level 81 so not there yet. But I have seen it many times AND have been beaten by it. And BTW people do use Sun Serpent in PvP.

Wolf Skullslinger, 1st age Ice Warlord level 88

AND

Wolf Deathhammer, 1st age Death Commander level 81 and 2nd age Knight
I said most dont use sun serpent in pvp ik what i talking about :P

Wolf Nightcaller lvl 90 balance 1st age warlord

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
2
Well I'm a death wizard lvl 70 and see nothing wrong with either of the spells but I will tell that the one spell death is cheated on about is doom and gloom while all the other schools get the boosts like time of legend, bale frost wildfire ect. And we get -45 to next heal spell which I might add applys to to you and your team to so it is really useless

Defender
May 03, 2009
151
Wolf Windrunner on May 1, 2013 wrote:
Well I'm a death wizard lvl 70 and see nothing wrong with either of the spells but I will tell that the one spell death is cheated on about is doom and gloom while all the other schools get the boosts like time of legend, bale frost wildfire ect. And we get -45 to next heal spell which I might add applys to to you and your team to so it is really useless
I agree about Doom and Gloom. Back on topic, I use Avenging Fossil usually but I don't like it. The overtime is terrible. We get about 200 each round, 200 x 3=600. 600 damage overtime to the others. Wow. Then, I walk out of the battle, acting mighty and proud, thinking I used Dr. Von and am at full health. I get into a fight and say, "Hey! I have half my health! What's up with that?" Then I realize I did Fossil and get mad at myself for not healing, then I realize I've missed my round and I'm dead. Isn't that just great? I much prefer Dr. Von so I'm gonna fix my deck next time I log on and try to get through all of Twin Giants in one day and FINALLY finish Azteca. Ok see ya!

Scarlet Hawk,
Promethean Necromancer
(That still hasn't finished Azteca, sadly.)

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
13
I have played as a pyromancer in both my main runs of wizard101, and death has always been their second school, and i love the new spells

3: You make kitty sad.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
774
DarthyKarth on May 4, 2013 wrote:
I have played as a pyromancer in both my main runs of wizard101, and death has always been their second school, and i love the new spells

3: You make kitty sad.
I thought you only get school spell quests if it's your primary school. Don't you need to be death school to get Avenging Fossil (and Scarecrow and Dr. Von)? Perhaps you use tc's and a mastery amulet. I'm not big into using secondary schools or off-school spells.

Happy Wizarding, and Be Happy Kitty!