Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

and fire has a negative how?

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
63
i dont mean this in an insultive way to any school but i was just wondering, fire does damage over time and when adding it up, stronger than storm (no offense) so fire has second best damage at ONCE, best over time, and good if you dont have a a lot of mana. so the down side?

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
245
Why do people insist on saying one school is better than another? All it does is start a fight. Personaly, I use three schools on one charater.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
1
The reason we all fight is because Of our types. Take the great war for example. We fought because we are opisites. so the pepole that said whats the problem there probobly not the first three types :-)

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
145
well most fire wizards should know that fire has less health (not the least) and a slightly lower accuracy (not the worst)
Scarlet RedThorn grandmaster fire
Chris DeathBringer magus life lvl 34

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
Cause fire needs to trap 3x as many as other schools, the DoT is weak (Fire Dragon does 151 other 3 rounds). There is one basic flaw right there.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
It boils down to whether you want to kill your opponents immediately or wait a few turns for the damage to kick in. If you would rather get rid of your opposition as soon as possible, you will likely find storm to be the best option for you, but if you would rather be hit a few times while watching others make the finale blow while your damage waits for turns to pass, then fire is for you.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
63
MercMissionary wrote:
Why do people insist on saying one school is better than another? All it does is start a fight. Personaly, I use three schools on one character.
i'm not trying to start a fight, i'm just wondering since i noticed fire dragon is stronger than storm lord by 500. i am also not saying its better than anything, I'm just saying that, yes, its not the best with health or defense, that the attack over time is extremely helpful in quite a few cases like when your low on mana

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
63
thunderbird120 wrote:
compare 6 pip spells damage, then get back to me.
? i said over time

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
63
LetterBee wrote:
well most fire wizards should know that fire has less health (not the least) and a slightly lower accuracy (not the worst)
Scarlet RedThorn grandmaster fire
Chris DeathBringer magus life lvl 34
yes, not the worst or least so technically not a flaw in my mind

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
245
You may not realize it, but you asked for fight when you compared schools. I just hope you can turn this thead into something positive.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
63
like some other wizards said fire does not do damage all at the same time it does it over time to stop defense mostly at least thats what i think. so it depends do you want to kill your oppenet right now are wait three turns.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
63
MercMissionary wrote:
You may not realize it, but you asked for fight when you compared schools. I just hope you can turn this thead into something positive.
i never compared any school, unless i missed something then i dont think i did

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
178
Every school has its strong and weak points. For fire, some of them include:

Strong:

+With damage over time, you can easily break shields, and the damage does eventually add up.
+Fire is, overall, the second strongest school in the game.

Weak:

-With damage over time, it makes it very hard to trap. Spells like feint are only useful for 1 hit spells, like Helephant, but aren't very good for spells like Heckhound or Scald.
-Fire has the second lowest base health and the second lowest base accuracy.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
firesword52 wrote:
MercMissionary wrote:
Why do people insist on saying one school is better than another? All it does is start a fight. Personaly, I use three schools on one character.
i'm not trying to start a fight, i'm just wondering since i noticed fire dragon is stronger than storm lord by 500. i am also not saying its better than anything, I'm just saying that, yes, its not the best with health or defense, that the attack over time is extremely helpful in quite a few cases like when your low on mana


Well you have to keep in mind that storm doesn't rely overly much on storm lord, if it has it then fine if not we can do more damage with something else. We grab storm lord as an initial attack cause it is quick damage with a first round stun. After the stun shields are on, we typically grab other things. I'd rather take storm lord over dragon myself, I like the all at once damage and the iniitial stun.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
245
I have a fire charater and the only down side is accuracy. I tried to get KI to make more accuracy clothing,but I don't know if they are going to make them.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
69
Fire is kind of average.


Accuracy-Not the best-but it's not as bad as storm.
Health-I'd say middle class
Damage-I think it's the 2nd or 3rd most damaging class.
Weakness-For some reason, bosses seem to go for us a lot of the time, until we die. :(
Strength-Damage over time is GREAT for removing shields! :D

So fire is a bit like balance.


Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
63
seasnake wrote:
firesword52 wrote:
MercMissionary wrote:
Why do people insist on saying one school is better than another? All it does is start a fight. Personaly, I use three schools on one character.
i'm not trying to start a fight, i'm just wondering since i noticed fire dragon is stronger than storm lord by 500. i am also not saying its better than anything, I'm just saying that, yes, its not the best with health or defense, that the attack over time is extremely helpful in quite a few cases like when your low on mana


Well you have to keep in mind that storm doesn't rely overly much on storm lord, if it has it then fine if not we can do more damage with something else. We grab storm lord as an initial attack cause it is quick damage with a first round stun. After the stun shields are on, we typically grab other things. I'd rather take storm lord over dragon myself, I like the all at once damage and the iniitial stun.
your a diviner, arent you

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
38
Okay, since this thread obviously started a fight, here is my way of thiking:

Storm:
+High damage
-Less health
-Less accuracy

Ice:
+Defense to all
+High health
-Low damage

Fire:
+Damage over time
+Fair damage
~Medium health
-Less accuracy
-Hard to trap for DoT

Balance:
+Buffs and debuffs
+Judgement (ROFL)
+Good health
-Lack of powerful attacks
-Very different from other schools

Life:
+Healings
+Good health
+Good power pip chance (The best)
-Kinda weak

Myth:
+Minions
+Attack to all
+Ward breaking
~Attack with damage twice
-Kinda weak
-Less health

Death:
+Life stealing
+Buffs
+Able to heal
~Okay health
-Weak attacks
-Need boosts to be able to hit hard

Now, the power chart! (Without buffs)
Most powerful: Storm
2nd: Fire
3rd: Balance
4th: Myth
5th: Life
6th: Ice
7th: Death (Yes, you heard me, death.)

Life chart!
Most health: Ice
2nd: Life & Balance
4th: Death
5th: Myth & Fire
7th: Storm

Accuracy chart!
Most accurate: Life
2nd: Death & Balance
4th: Myth & Ice
6th: Fire
7th: Storm

So, the highlights:

Storm: Most powerful
Ice: Most health & Most resistance
Fire: 2nd most powerful
Balance: 2nd most health
Life: 2nd most health & Highest power pip chance
Death: 2nd best accuracy
Myth: All are in middle

And the minuses:

Storm: Less health & less accuracy
Ice: 2nd worst in damage
Fire: 2nd worst in health and in accuracy
Balance: Not really any striking.
Life: Not good damage
Death: Least damage.
Myth: Same as balance.

As you see, those who shine also has alot of minuses. OUCH, that was a long post :D



Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
please, allow me, Paul IronFlame, level 50 grandmaster PYROMANCER to help settle this discussion. fire is not, in any way, weak. look at the damage dealt by a fire dragon (440+351 over 3 rounds to all enemies) to storm lord (690 and stun to all enemies) the result: dragon deals 791. storm lord deals 690. dragon deals 101 (ironic, dont you think?) damage more then storm lord. but why am i saying this? if we could work together and NOT fight about this, and finally come to terms with the fact that all schools are equal (dragon may deal more damage, but it doesnt stun!) we could finally accomplish anything we want, without our beliefs of who is better. anyway, cya in the spiral!

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
63
bionaknight wrote:
please, allow me, Paul IronFlame, level 50 grandmaster PYROMANCER to help settle this discussion. fire is not, in any way, weak. look at the damage dealt by a fire dragon (440+351 over 3 rounds to all enemies) to storm lord (690 and stun to all enemies) the result: dragon deals 791. storm lord deals 690. dragon deals 101 (ironic, dont you think?) damage more then storm lord. but why am i saying this? if we could work together and NOT fight about this, and finally come to terms with the fact that all schools are equal (dragon may deal more damage, but it doesnt stun!) we could finally accomplish anything we want, without our beliefs of who is better. anyway, cya in the spiral!
thank you bionaknight, i suppose this is settled unless anyone else has objections, i suppose its not the best but still, in my eyes, not the worst at anything like any other school

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
233
Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
50
This is why picking a Secondary School is just as important as picking your Primary School. My GM Pyromancer has Storm as his Secondary. My Level 35 Necromancer has Life as a Secondary. Pick a Secondary that has strength where your Primary has weakness.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
73
Having played through a fire GM, the downside for me was the following:

Low health and accuracy equal dying a lot. While waiting for your spells to kill over time, sometimes you get killed in the process. Storm does immediate damage so you know pretty much where you stand, and the accuracy rating between fire and storm is close enough to where people began to the difference as negligible. Most people who have multiple GM's usually don't prefer the fire one over most others, at least that is what posting people are saying in the other forums and have been saying for awhile now.

The low accuracy means fizzling a lot and with low health in harder areas you get into do or die scenarios which equal you dying many times. The number of fire bosses and monsters in DS make it an unfriendly and harder area for fire. Lastly in PVP, you are a basically an easy school for any knowledgeable PVP Player. When I used to PVP, I would pray my opponent was fire. It was the only school I knew was a guaranteed win unless something very unusual happened.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
63
silverdragonn wrote:
Having played through a fire GM, the downside for me was the following:

Low health and accuracy equal dying a lot. While waiting for your spells to kill over time, sometimes you get killed in the process. Storm does immediate damage so you know pretty much where you stand, and the accuracy rating between fire and storm is close enough to where people began to the difference as negligible. Most people who have multiple GM's usually don't prefer the fire one over most others, at least that is what posting people are saying in the other forums and have been saying for awhile now.

The low accuracy means fizzling a lot and with low health in harder areas you get into do or die scenarios which equal you dying many times. The number of fire bosses and monsters in DS make it an unfriendly and harder area for fire. Lastly in PVP, you are a basically an easy school for any knowledgeable PVP Player. When I used to PVP, I would pray my opponent was fire. It was the only school I knew was a guaranteed win unless something very unusual happened.
i find that insulting. i have been able to beat grandmasters in 5 schools that mastered their secondaries. not bragging or anything.

1