Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ambrose

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
Explorer
May 21, 2008
I was apprenticed to a program long, long ago that fostered a cross-discipline approach to Wizardry. At various times I have spent a few centuries devoting myself to the study of each of the different magic schools. Currently I am studying the Astral magics, a school of thought that is barely recognized and little known.

You see, at Ravenwood, we teach the core essentials of both the Inner and the Outer triangles of Wizardry: the External magics, which deal with manipulating the forces of Nature (Fire, Ice and Storm) and the Internal magics, which deal with the elements that compose one's self (Mind, Body and Spirit ... or, as you know them, Myth, Death and Life.) I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

Oh, my! That was a bit long winded, and I seem to have lost my train of thought. What was your question, again?

Community Leader
Nice! I hope your studies are fruitful. I can't wait to see Astral mages learning their craft in Ravenwood some day!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
So, I have a question then

Does this mean that eventually we are going to get to learn spells from the third triangle, like Astral Magic?

Explorer
May 21, 2008
kayay123 wrote:
So, I have a question then

Does this mean that eventually we are going to get to learn spells from the third triangle, like Astral Magic?

Many thing possible, young student.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Survivor
Oct 14, 2008
Wow, you're pretty old professor- no offense intended, naturally. But the most powerful magic taught is, of course, Balance. The little-taught school in Ravenwood, it's power is beyond compare. Well, to my reckoning so far. I have only dabbled in these 'Astral magics' once, and for only a few minutes, before I near blew up my dorm. They seem very powerful, and extremely hard to control. I haven't touched that book for a month, and I have sworn not to until I can learn some more about it...

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Virtualmouse wrote:
Very cool! I am excited to see what the future has store.

Tyler DeathStalker

I understand that the new World "DragonSpyre" is going to be a wild new world... The picture along has me curious!

Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
I just posted a comment about an essence based school of magic. I should read all the forums before i post. I described this "astral" form of magic. But I applaud Ambrose's approach to all the magics. You can't learn one type and exclude the others? What is Life without Death? True balance is in this sense as well as, I beleive, this context, is not just a title of a school but in fact, Ambrose is a balance mage. And a powerful one at that.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
Headmaster Ambrose, This magics of the third spiral sounds facinating. I can almost see it in my mind. When you figure out the magic of the stars, I'd love to be notified. I'd be proud to be one on your first wizards of the heavens. :-)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
I was apprenticed to a program long, long ago that fostered a cross-discipline approach to Wizardry. At various times I have spent a few centuries devoting myself to the study of each of the different magic schools. Currently I am studying the Astral magics, a school of thought that is barely recognized and little known.

You see, at Ravenwood, we teach the core essentials of both the Inner and the Outer triangles of Wizardry: the External magics, which deal with manipulating the forces of Nature (Fire, Ice and Storm) and the Internal magics, which deal with the elements that compose one's self (Mind, Body and Spirit ... or, as you know them, Myth, Death and Life.) I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

Oh, my! That was a bit long winded, and I seem to have lost my train of thought. What was your question, again?

Does that mean i should start saving training points to use for the astral magics? Or will we get them acoring to what our school is?

Survivor
May 01, 2009
cs550 wrote:
ambrose what about balance school?you seem to have left that out
They don't have a balance school in ravenwood. There is a teacher, but the school is hidden under ground in the Oasis, with the order of the fang.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Has anyone noticed that three out of the four symbols used to represent the "good character's" spots in a battle are a sun, a moon, and a star; the three types of astral magic? :?

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
aviator2 wrote:
Has anyone noticed that three out of the four symbols used to represent the "good character's" spots in a battle are a sun, a moon, and a star; the three types of astral magic? :?

It's quite the observation I'll give you that.

I'm sure quite a few people never noticed that. Good show.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Valmere wrote:
Wow, you're pretty old professor- no offense intended, naturally. But the most powerful magic taught is, of course, Balance. The little-taught school in Ravenwood, it's power is beyond compare. Well, to my reckoning so far. I have only dabbled in these 'Astral magics' once, and for only a few minutes, before I near blew up my dorm. They seem very powerful, and extremely hard to control. I haven't touched that book for a month, and I have sworn not to until I can learn some more about it...
Heheheh, kinda reminds me when I checked a book out in the library called The Astral Triangle. I tried out a spell, and I almost ripped the Shopping District from the Spiral. Heheheh. Sorry about that!

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
I set up my my dorm as a summoning chamber to fiddle with the Krokonomicon, which I neglected to return after beating Malistaire. I woke up in a gutter on Marleybone with no idea how I'd gotton there.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
my dragon fluffy gets a little naughty sometimes he is obsessed with that kind of magic one day i woke up and i found some kind of fat pig reading my book and fluffy was gone turns out that fluffy thought the joke had gone far enough and changed back and also ambrose can you check out my topic questions for all mods please?

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
It all makes sense the star symbol on ambroses desk and his robes with stars and moons on them and the spiral room it all means one thing ambrose is astral and one more thing will any enemy's be astral school in the future?

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Wow, I have once looked into the sky and found magic there, however headmaster, I have a question, could there be a magic to control the spiral itself? However only someone with extreme knowledge would be able to control that. All forms of magic require the knowledge on how to use them, that is why we have Ravenwood and why you need levels to use spells, the levels are the knowledge needed to use the spells. As demonstrated above by the incidents caused by using astral magic, you must know how to use, and how to respect that magic.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
muttmagma wrote:
It all makes sense the star symbol on ambroses desk and his robes with stars and moons on them and the spiral room it all means one thing ambrose is astral and one more thing will any enemy's be astral school in the future?

What will the symbol for Astral Magic be?

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
Headmaster Ambrose,

It's been a year since you first made this post about your dabblings in the field of Astral Magics. What can you tell us about what you've learned so far? When do you feel that you can find someone with enough experience in the field for us to start studying it? I'm just really curious as to when I will be able to start my own dabblings in this interesting subject.

I went to the Library, but I couldn't find any books about Astral Magics. It seems that they were all checked out...

DarkSpider4 wrote:
muttmagma wrote:

What will the symbol for Astral Magic be?

I made what I think the symbol for Sun magics would look like. You can see it here, near the bottom of the page. http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35349&highlight=astral&page=3

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:

A FEW CENTURIES!!!!!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE IN YOUR 70'S!!!!!! Well, figures. In most games like this and/or stories like this, there is at least one character that is extremely long lived.